+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Another heating pool with heat recovery unit for AC or Geothermal heat pump thread

Post Likes

Another heating pool with heat recovery unit for AC or Geothermal heat pump thread

I have the hotspot energy pool heater on my pool in NE Indiana. It does a good job once it is warm enough to use the AC. This year that was late June, but not normally. It cost me $ for the system, about $ for the refrigerant tie-in, roughly 10 hours of labor and parts that they do not send. And about $ in spa hose and fittings, 2 75 foot runs to go from pool pump to AC and back. So all together about $. Now I am getting ready to move and not sure if I would use it again. It does a good job of cooling the Freon for the AC and heats the pool well with the only operating cost being the pool pump needs to run when it is heating. My new house is 3400 sqft, so double the old one. and pool will be 40,000 gallons verse the 17,000 we have. The problem is I feel like I still need a heater for the start and end of the season. I also have a 3500 sqft shop to cool slightly and can put one on that. The house has NG / AC for the bottom 2 floors and a heat pump for the upstairs. This means I would need 3 units to get all the benefits. And that means I need to pay triple for the install, or $. Plus probably $ for spa hose, no fittings to leak. and I imagine at least $ for three units and the controller. That's almost $, ok just now doing the math answered that question LOL. But on my current setup its not bad since it cost Zero to run. If it wasn't for needing a commercial refrigeration company to connect it to the AC, (residential companies wouldn't touch it) it would be doable.
    Last edited by beenthere; 07-22-2019 at 05:23 AM.

Post Likes
    Prices removed as we don't talk prices.

Made this its own thread.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Prices removed as we don't talk prices.

Made this its own thread.
    Understood. But the price of the HVAC install and my DIY plumbing is almost as much as the unit cost. That was all I was really trying to show. Something I wish I had known before I bought it.

Post Likes
    You were moving 4 years ago I'm confused
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Likes
    That was someone else, I just joined and saw it this morning. LOL, but I have been looking and bidding on property since 2015.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in