Thread: Boland Trane

Post Likes

Boland Trane

If Boland Trane (Washington DC) would happen to be acquired by Trane, do you think they would it become part of either the Maryland/Pennsylvania District or Virginia (VA and VW) District? Or split between the two? Any chance of Daikin Applied stepping in allowing for an Authorized Service? Could Boland go independent?

Sent using Tapatalk Pro

Post Likes
    In our area, the authorized trane dealer for many years had an exclusive agreement between trane and the business owner. When he died a few years back, trane yanked the franchise rights, and opened a commercial Ingersol rand branch, and a new parts sales office.

They may do the same kinda thing there....just cut the locals out completely, and start fresh.

Post Likes
    All of the franchises were contingent on the original franchisee. This contingency was in the original contract. There are provisions for their children to continue the franchise, but the rules were very specific. Boland has been a franchise for a long time. There are very few left and they still exist for a reason. Don't expect any drastic moves in the near term unless something happens to the franchisee.

I would expect it to be in the VA district when the time does come.

Post Likes
    I know a guy that worked for both Boland Trane and Baltimore Trane. His opinion is that they were ran completely different, yet they were both Union.

Sent using Tapatalk Pro

Post Likes
    I believe I knew him back in the 60's or 70's when he first went into business. He was young but we all were then. I believe his first office was in or near Forrestville, Maryland. Small world.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Post Likes
    From a Washington Post story on Boland Trane:
    "To keep systems up and running, Boland staffs a round-the-clock command center with eight dispatchers, four servicemen on call at all hours and a fleet of 160 trucks. This creates a healthy stream of recurring revenue for Boland."

Sent using Tapatalk Pro

Post Likes
    I work for Boland. Great company. Don’t see anything happening for many many years.

If something were to happen. It would be a MD district for sure.

I believe we have 130 trucks on the road

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Either 130 or 160 trucks servicing the counties w/in a 25 mile radius from WDC is impressive.

Sent using Tapatalk Pro