Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Likes

So I had a thought ....

I have an idea to explore.

If I had an AC compressor, an A coil, fan and thermostat, how could this controlled as a stand alone AC unit? Not a question of why but how.

Post Likes
    You don't have a complete system, your A coil will absorb heat, but where's it to go? The compressor only pumps it, doesn't dissipate it. Must have a condenser in circuit.

Post Likes
    I think I meant outside condenser by saying compressor.
    And fan blower rather than fan.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by delamite View Post

If I had an AC compressor, an A coil, fan and thermostat, how could this controlled as a stand alone AC unit? Not a question of why but how.
    This has already been done. It's called a window air conditioner.

Post Likes

With Controls!

Post Likes
    OK that's some funny stuff.

I am planning on a ductless system, a Carrier product which is very pricey. So i thought that the same thing could be achieved with standard HVAC items and fabbing up your own ducts ..... at half the price for a savy person. The problem with idea is a control board.
    Was just wondering if any HVAC ppl had ever made a stand alone AC with used parts laying around the shop. Seems like something that may have been tried.

Post Likes
    OK that's some funny stuff.

I am planning on a ductless system, a Carrier product which is very pricey. So i thought that the same thing could be achieved with standard HVAC items and fabbing up your own ducts ..... at half the price for a savy person. The problem with idea is a control board.
    Was just wondering if any HVAC ppl had ever made a stand alone AC with used parts laying around the shop. Seems like something that may have been tried.
    Good
    Luck

Post Likes
    If a ductless system is pricy, maybe you should just get a portable AC or a window unit. What you described is a conventionally central AC unit.

Post Likes
    Auto parts stores make a fortune off "savvy" people.

Post Likes
    i thought that the same thing could be achieved with standard HVAC items and fabbing up your own ducts ..... at half the price for a savy person. The problem with idea is a control board.
    Hell just get a fan coil from a walkin cooler and hang it from the ceiling

I saw this setup in a convenience store out in the sticks

Post Likes
    Why not go "original"???? Get a regular goofy fan and a big bucket of ICE and learn where the term , "a TON of cooling" came from!

12. Likes BALloyd liked this post
    Post Likes
    Maybe this is a little weekend project but it sounds like one of those just because I can and not a because I have to for my main house type of situation you don’t need much for a straight ac system....just a few simple 24 volt contacts etc to control what you’ve already mentioned ....I’m not going into detail per site rules that’ll have billy bob copying this down then burning his house down lol

Post Likes
    So I had a thought
    I think we found the issue...
    Is the Religious Right to blame for Christianity's decline?

They argued that, as the Religious Right became increasingly visible and militant, it became associated with Christianity itself. And if being a Christian meant being associated with the likes of Jerry Falwell, many people—especially political moderates and liberals—decided to simply stop identifying as Christians altogether.

http://www.theamericanconservative.c...nitys-decline/

15. Likes BALloyd liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast