Thread: York yk

Post Likes

York yk

I am working with york YK chiller ,In that we found oil leakage at oil sump and some other fiting,So we have taken into Pressure test and recommisioning.After leak arrested Switched ON the chiller and its tripped on 'Oil Variable speed pump drive contacts open' alarm.Then we checked VSOP board its working good.VSOP boards tripped on Oil pump over load while running.Then we find out Element oil filter got chocked condition.

My question about filter chock,How it was happened,What are the possibilities .

Post Likes
    Well what is it full of would be the first question? Wax, lumps of aluminium, metal debris, grey paste ? How old is this YK?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Not sounding good . Anything residual in the bottom of filter housing ? Send an oil and a liquid refrigerant sample out to a lab .

Post Likes
    If you tried the oil pump before the oil came up to temperature you could get the overload alarm. If the oil pump is on a different power source then compressor motor bringing on power in the wrong sequence can cause the pump safety alarm.

Post Likes
    if you opened the oil sump, you may have accidentally knocked a wire terminal off internally or externally and that will give you an overload condition since the motor is now single phasing. more investigation is in order.
    "Right" is not the same as "Wise".

Don't step on my favorite part of the Constitution just to point out your favorite part.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by raptyr View Post
    Well what is it full of would be the first question? Wax, lumps of aluminium, metal debris, grey paste ? How old is this YK?

We opened the filter catridge and found filter was fully black colour and looks like a carbon contamination.

Post Likes
    sounds like the oil heater may have been energized with an empty sump. that causes the oil residue on the heater element to burn and will give alot of burnt oil carbon, what color is the oil in the sight glass, if it isn't a perfect new oil amber your sump may be contaminated

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by DFZ View Post
    sounds like the oil heater may have been energized with an empty sump. that causes the oil residue on the heater element to burn and will give alot of burnt oil carbon, what color is the oil in the sight glass, if it isn't a perfect new oil amber your sump may be contaminated
    But the oil colour is clear only,,During pressure testing we removed the oil and kept at sealed container,,After that during vaccum condition we charged the oil again.

Sent from my Redmi 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Seems like on your first oil pump start up the carbon chunks went thru the gears of the pump and may have caused the overload, jammed up the pump. The chunks came off the oil heater and will settle out in the sump. If you are not comfortable with that , isolate the charge , pull the oil and sump cover. Clean the oil heater or replace. Clean the sump and start over . Monitor the oil pump VSD Hz. as they start to increase close the 60 Hz. change the filter until you start running the Hz. that the chiller ran at before the leak repair.

10. Likes Kumar6884 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Chev5372 View Post
    Seems like on your first oil pump start up the carbon chunks went thru the gears of the pump and may have caused the overload, jammed up the pump. The chunks came off the oil heater and will settle out in the sump. If you are not comfortable with that , isolate the charge , pull the oil and sump cover. Clean the oil heater or replace. Clean the sump and start over . Monitor the oil pump VSD Hz. as they start to increase close the 60 Hz. change the filter until you start running the Hz. that the chiller ran at before the leak repair.

Thank u for your valuable input..

Post Likes
    One thing to keep in mind is new chillers have a brazed plate oil cooler that the oil went thru before the filter it may become plugged. Older YKs have a temperature control valve that the oil passes thru before the oil cooler this valve could get plugged as well.

13. Likes Kumar6884 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumar6884 View Post
    I am working with york YK chiller ,In that we found oil leakage at oil sump and some other fiting,So we have taken into Pressure test and recommisioning.After leak arrested Switched ON the chiller and its tripped on 'Oil Variable speed pump drive contacts open' alarm.Then we checked VSOP board its working good.VSOP boards tripped on Oil pump over load while running.Then we find out Element oil filter got chocked condition.

My question about filter chock,How it was happened,What are the possibilities .
    Hi guys,
    After changing the oil filter now its working normal condition.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumar6884 View Post
    Hi guys,
    After changing the oil filter now its working normal condition.

Hi ,
    Now the machine is running,The oil pump frequency at 39 hz ..

Post Likes
    Good news, I would keep an eye of the oil pump frequency and get an oil sample analysed anyway, you may have to do an oil and filter change anyway, now you have time to check the oil and prepare in case you need to take further action.

17. Likes Kumar6884 liked this post.