Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by behappy View Post
    I think this is a very dangerous precedent to set, singling out "one" country for "approval for a strike".
    Playing devils advocate, If Iran attacks an U.S. flagged ship..
    Is it considered an "attack on the U.S.".
    I Agree.

I also greatly question these initial "alleged attacks' on those tankers that never were sunk, & from the photos it looked like they got "dinged up" above the water line. Dang! Don't Self Respecting Terrorists know how to sink an oil tanker? And to top it off, .... there's the claim that since one "Mine" (Bomb) didn't blow up, that they literally went back to remove the evidence from the side of the tanker. WTH!?!? And yet, .... Those "Dings & Dents" & that video, were the "Justified Cause" to start down the path to begin another "Undeclared War" that has the Greater Potential to begin World War Three.

Then to Compound the escalating Lunacy, ..... Our Useless Political Leaders want to pass Laws, that Literally could hamstring Trump, or whoever would inhabit the Whitehouse, ... "IF", the evidence Clearly Showed that America & /or It's Allies were Attacked, & that a Military Response was "Justified".

America, ... Militarily, still has many Resources, that could be employed via Black Ops, &/or Special Forces, that could quickly eliminate a Clear Proven Threat, in such a "Justified Fashion" that I believe that it would give any Enemy, or Potential Enemy a reason not to carry out an Attack on Us, BUT, .... even there, "Th' Suits in Washington", & On "Wall Street", intentionally "Ham String" Our Forces.

"If Iran attacks an U.S. flagged ship..Is it considered an "attack on the U.S"

Absolutely! ..... As long as it is proven without any Doubt, that the Act happened.

And, In My Belief, ... In the words of Larry th' Cable Guy, .... Our Military should be given the Go!! To "Get er' Dun!!", in such a Savage & Catastrophic Way, that the Shia would smack their children Senseless, for the next 100 years, if they even suggested that America should be Attacked.

But, that is not going to happen, for as Spaceracer showed in Post#5, --- It's All About Th' Money, --- And I'll add to that,, It's All About The Power of the Elite being established over Mankind.
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.

"You've got to Stand for Something or You'll fall for anything" (A. Tippin)

Mat_15:24 But he answered, “I wasn’t sent to anyone but the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by behappy View Post
    I think this is a very dangerous precedent to set, singling out "one" country for "approval for a strike".
    Playing devils advocate, If Iran attacks an U.S. flagged ship..
    Is it considered an "attack on the U.S.".
    The left tried this with past GOP POTUS... did not work...

What is amusing about the left...
    They use the SAME playbook...
    All one has to do... is study history...
    And they learn what works, and what is BS!
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

Post Likes
    Isolationism does not work...
    All it does is leave the 'scardy cat' country behind the rest of the world...
    Which, when it comes to military power... is a BAD place to be.

Historical proof:

The USA tried to stay out of WW2...
    When we were dragged into it, by Pearl Harbor being blown up...
    We had a LOT of catching up to do.
    Which, given the patriotic attitudes back when, was difficult, but do-able.

Question...
    Could we catch up today...
    Given the poor attitude of USA citizens towards the USA...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Post Likes
    I am 100% for mandatory 3 year military service for everyone beginning at age 18. And no college or other post high school can accept any applicant who has not completed their military service. No public office can ever be held by anyone until after they have completed their military service. All exclusions from active service will come Only from military doctors (three independent examinations from three different branches required) and anyone excluded will complete three years of full time community service in accordance with their abilities.

No religious exceptions from Military Service.

PHM
    -----------

Quote Originally Posted by DavidDeBord View Post
    It's Time, in my Belief, that America stopped Fighting Senseless, Unjustified, & Un-declared Wars, that only serve to enrich the Military/Industrial Complex, as well as heavily place America in to Debt, Use up it's Resources, cause the Deaths /Wounding of Our Troops, as well as the deaths/wounding of hundreds of thousands, if not millions of Citizens of whatever Nation that is unfortunate enough to suffer the wrath of America, & Serves for Big Brother to pass Laws such as the Homeland Security, & Patriot Acts that strip away the Constitutional Rights of Americans.

Please Do Not Get Me Wrong Here, ..... I'm All About Fighting Justified & Declared War in a Conventional Fashion, & I Absolutely would not want to see "Nukes" used, unless it was Absolutely beyond any "Shadow of Doubt", that an Enemy of America was prepared to Massively Attack America.

I'm also a Firm Believer in America bringing back The Draft, so that "If"/ "When" America Declares "Justified War", that Men & Women, from every Walk of Life, would be exposed to any Military Action. My Thinking in this, is that if America brought the Draft back, then every body would "Have Skin in the Game", & that Our Political Leaders & Military Leaders would Fight a War to Quickly Win it, & not use the War as a means to enrich the Corporations, nor give even more Power to the "Suits in Washington".

But Apparently, ... Judging from Our Leaders Words followed by their Actions, from Korea to Today, ... That's a Pipe Dream.
    --------------

Exclusive: Conservative Vets Group Thanks Lawmakers for Standing Against Endless War
    By Kristina Wong18 Jul 2019

Concerned Veterans for America, a conservative veterans group, is planning to launch on Friday a new digital ad thanking select Republican lawmakers for their recent vote to require Congressional input before taking any military action against Iran.

The lawmakers voted last week on an amendment that would block the Trump administration from initiating military action against Iran without congressional approval. The amendment passed 251-170 — with 27 Republicans voting along with 223 Democrats in favor.

The group’s digital ads will commend the lawmakers for “standing with the American people in favor of a new foreign policy and for their leadership and principled stand,” according to a release obtained by Breitbart News.

A recent Pew Research Center poll showed that majorities of U.S. military veterans and the public said the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq were not worth fighting.

After almost two decades of fighting, Americans are tired of unending, ill-advised wars. We applaud the principled stances of those members who listened the American people over the din of those in Washington pushing for more war,” said Concerned Veterans for America Executive Director, Nate Anderson.

“We want them to know CVA’s grassroots army values their leadership, and that we stand ready and will continue to support those who stand with us to rethink foreign policy and put an end to endless wars,” he added.

The digital ads will run in the lawmakers’ districts and states and inform constituents their lawmaker is leading on the issue, according to the group.

The group said the members selected for this effort — 27 Representatives and 4 Senators — were chosen for their willingness to challenge the status quo and work across the aisle to support these bipartisan amendments to advance a better foreign policy for all Americans.

Those members include:

Rep. Andy Biggs (AZ-5)

Rep. Ken Buck (CO-4)

Rep. Tim Burchett (TN-2)

Rep. Michael Burgess (TX-26)

Rep. Ben Cline (VA-6)

Rep. Michael Cloud (TX-27)

Rep. Tom Cole (OK-4)

Rep. James Comer (KY-1)

Rep. Warren Davidson (OH-8)

Rep. Brian Fitzpatrick (PA-1)

Rep. Matt Gaetz (FL-1) — co-sponsored amendment with Rep. Ro Khanna (D-CA)

Rep. Anthony Gonzalez (OH-16)

Rep. Paul Gosar (AZ-4)

Rep. Morgan Griffith (VA-9)

Rep. Jody Hice (GA-10)

Rep. Trey Hollingsworth (IN-9)

Rep. Jim Jordan (OH-4)

Rep. Thomas Massie (KY-4)

Rep. Mark Meadows (NC-11)

Rep. Alex Mooney (WV-2)

Rep. Francis Rooney (FL-19)

Rep. Tom Reed (NY-23)

Rep. Chip Roy (TX-21)

Rep. David Schweikert (AZ-6)

Rep. Fred Upton (MI-6)

Rep. Roger Williams (TX-25)

Rep. Ted Yoho (FL-3)

Senate

Sen. Jerry Moran (KS)

Sen. Rand Paul (KY)

Sen. Mike Lee (UT)

Sen. Susan Collins (ME)

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...t-endless-war/
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    I am 100% for mandatory 3 year military service for everyone beginning at age 18. And no college or other post high school can accept any applicant who has not completed their military service. No public office can ever be held by anyone until after they have completed their military service. All exclusions from active service will come Only from military doctors (three independent examinations from three different branches required) and anyone excluded will complete three years of full time community service in accordance with their abilities.

PHM
    -----------
    I can definitely get behind this...
    Men and women!

With one caveat:

ALL 3 year service programs MUST be completed at a location not less than 250 miles away from the location of any parent!
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Post Likes

PHM
    -----------
    Which, given Military training, could eliminate the need for many to go to college at all, which, coupled with the character built by military service, could (given the state of today's colleges) reduce the amount of brainwashed students coming into the workforce!

Post Likes
    We are a fine nation. The best nation which has ever before existed on this planet. But we are as nothing compared to what we could, and should, become.

We have the manpower - we have the resources - but as it is we just lurch along and merely Call it progress.

The fact is that, as it is; our primary fuel is checked, our wood is damp, our fires are dampered, our boilers just barely heating. As a nation we toil far below our abilities and potentials. And as a result; we are not a tenth of what our potential would dictate. Not one hundredth.

We need more think-ers, especially more critical thinkers, but also more Do-ers. Yes; dream-ers - but only the kind of American Dreamers who both dreamed our future And also then built the foundations under them to create our present.

PHM
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    Which, given Military training, could eliminate the need for many to go to college at all, which, coupled with the character built by military service, could (given the state of today's colleges) reduce the amount of brainwashed students coming into the workforce!
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Post Likes

PHM
    -----------
    No, no and no. Have any of you guys served in the last 15yrs? Jeez, recruiting goals are being met and I tell you personally the military does not need mandatory service to meet their needs. The military is not some social experiment to be used to correct the ills of society.

I seen plenty of troops in my 26yrs of active duty that had no business being in the military and if you make it mandatory that would become an even worse problem. This is not the 1960's where a judge said join the Army or you go to jail. Come up with another way, but this isn't the panacea you think it would be.

Post Likes

PHM
    -----------
    I Agree Poodle.

I even Believe that for an Immigrant, 18 & Older, to gain Citizenship, that they must Serve within the Military, for a minimum of three Years.

But I'll go further, ... Our Government, Absolutely must not Make War, as it has been doing, without War being Justifiably Declared.

Of course, ... If Iran, Russia, China, etc., gave America a Sucker-punch & massively Attacked America, then the President has the Right to order an immediate Response.

But, In My Belief, for events like a couple of Oil Tankers receiving a few "Dings & Dents" Above the Water Line, as in what happened recently, .... In No Way, Shape, nor Form, would that be "Justification" for launching Cruise Missiles in to Iran, such as what happened when Trump reacted to those Videos & Pics of Syrians that were alleged to have been exposed to Sarin Gas, when the "Whitehats" actions plainly showed that no Sarin was present. The "Whitehats" did not follow CBR Protocols, nor did they employ any CBR Gear. Yet the Missiles were launched. SMH.

But, again, I Agree about Military Service being a Requirement of an American Citizen.
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.

Mat_15:24 But he answered, “I wasn’t sent to anyone but the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    Absolutely Vin!

"Military Service", does not immediately mean "Combat Arms", for many different Trades are taught & needed such as HVAC/ Refrigeration/ Electrical/ Construction/ Computers/ Medicine & more.

Someone qualified for that kind of Specialty could Serve the required time in the Military, & never have seen Combat, & have the Skills to find very good employment upon being discharged.

Post Likes
    We are a fine nation. The best nation which has ever before existed on this planet. But we are as nothing compared to what we could, and should, become.

We have the manpower - we have the resources - but as it is we just lurch along and merely Call it progress.

The fact is that, as it is; our primary fuel is checked, our wood is damp, our fires are dampered, our boilers just barely heating. As a nation we toil far below our abilities and potentials. And as a result; we are not a tenth of what our potential would dictate. Not one hundredth.

We need more think-ers, especially more critical thinkers, but also more Do-ers. Yes; dream-ers - but only the kind of American Dreamers who both dreamed our future And also then built the foundations under them to create our present.

PHM
    --------

YEAH!!!!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Fender60 View Post
    No, no and no. Have any of you guys served in the last 15yrs? Jeez, recruiting goals are being met and I tell you personally the military does not need mandatory service to meet their needs. The military is not some social experiment to be used to correct the ills of society.

I seen plenty of troops in my 26yrs of active duty that had no business being in the military and if you make it mandatory that would become an even worse problem. This is not the 1960's where a judge said join the Army or you go to jail. Come up with another way, but this isn't the panacea you think it would be.
    Uhhhh No Fender, ......Recruiting Goals are not being met, & in fact standards are being dropped.

This is not the Military that I experienced in the 70s, nor is it the Military that My Son, Son-in-Law,with both Today still Active Duty, knew when they both first enlisted. :

Your Army
    Hundreds of recruits got into the Army without passing a mandatory fitness test
    By: Meghann Myers   1 day ago
    An investigation found that hundreds of recruits shipped to basic training without taking a required fitness test. (Army)

It was early 2017 when a one-station unit training battalion commander at Fort Benning, Georgia, noticed one of his soldiers looked weak.

There was an easy check: If he could dead lift at least 160 pounds, he would meet the infantry standard for the Occupational Physical Assessment Test, a four-event battery the Army implemented at the beginning of that year.

He could not.
    The OPAT has three standards, based on how much strength and endurance each military occupational specialty requires. (Army)

“The [battalion] commander asked the trainee if he had ever taken the OPAT, and the trainee stated he had not,” according to an investigation, provided to Army Times via Freedom of Information Act request, which wrapped up in 2018 after all involved had been disciplined.

The command got to work asking every single trainee who’d shown up at Fort Benning since Dec. 27, 2016 ― the first rotation that should have taken the OPAT prior ― whether they had in fact passed the test.

“Numerous” said they hadn’t, according to the investigation.

That month, Fort Benning found more than 200 of its current trainees had not passed an OPAT, either because they hadn’t taken it, they hadn’t done all four events or they’d failed it.
    Don't miss the top Army stories, delivered each afternoon

In total, Army Recruiting Command found 318 soldiers, 305 male and 13 female, claiming they had enlisted after failing the OPAT, or never having taken it altogether.

The issue touched 36 out of the Army’s 38 recruiting battalions ― only New York City and Richmond, Virginia were clear ― and involved 297 recruiters.

Of those, 228 allegations were substantiated, according to USAREC spokeswomen Lisa Ferguson.

“Appropriate action was taken in each case, to include adverse administrative action on many of the cases,” she told Army Times on Wednesday.

Dallas was the worst offender ― with 38 untested recruits ― followed by Atlanta, Raleigh, North Carolina, Houston, Oklahoma City, Montgomery, Alabama and Columbia, South Carolina.

Of the untested recruits, 98 recruits had gone into general infantry, 25 into infantry fire support, 26 into cavalry scout and six into Special Forces ― four of the military occupational specialties requiring the highest levels of fitness.

But not everyone was looking for a direct combat job. There were three who went into human resources, and two more from food service, as well as others who would have only needed to meet the “moderate” standard.

Regardless, they were all able to stay.

“Training brigade commanders determined those soldiers who had not taken the OPAT prior to basic combat training/one-station unit training would continue training,” Army Training and Doctrine Command spokeswoman Megan Reed told Army Times.

Sworn statements were redacted from the investigation, but the officer in charge of it wrote that not every one of those noncommissioned officers appeared to have ill intentions.

“Despite being trained, many recruiters did not fully grasp how to administer the OPAT or the significance of the testing requirement,” the investigating officer wrote, and so either didn’t give the test, or let recruits ship if they’d failed it.

But why?

A misunderstanding on how to administer it was part of the problem. There was to be one administrator and one grader for the test, per regulation, but recruiters who gave statements said that they were giving the test themselves to multiple recruits, with no grader, and then sending off their scores without getting them validated by their leadership.

“Many recruiters perceived that they were under pressure by the mission increase and the requirement to fill training seats during a historically low period of accessions into the Army to ship recruits as quickly as possible,” according to the report.

At the time, the Army was in the midst of a grueling recruitment year: To help the service reach its 476,000 active-duty end strength goal in 2017, the recruiting mission jumped from 62,000 to 68,000, after President Obama signed that year’s National Defense Authorization Act right before Christmas ― three months into the fiscal year.
    This is what the Army is considering as a fitness test for injured soldiers
    This is what the Army is considering as a fitness test for injured soldiers

The Army will start evaluating a modified version of its forthcoming physical fitness test in the next few weeks.
    By: Meghann Myers

A week later, the OPAT came online, and recruiters had to add it to their process to get recruits ready to ship.

Most of the recruiters implicated in the investigation knew the requirements and had the resources to administer the tests, the report found ― “However, they consciously decided not to comply with the standard.”

They figured the recruits would sort out their fitness levels at basic, the way they had been for decades, the investigator wrote. Until OPAT came online, there was no specific fitness test to determine whether a recruit was in good enough shape to do a specific job in the Army.

But its implementation coincided with the Army opening its last men-only occupational specialties, not only creating a gender-neutral standard for any Army job, but encouraging recruits to train to the requirements before they enlist.

“The recruiters thought it would not be an issue once the future soldiers got to basic training, nor did they believe they would be punished for their non-compliance,” the investigator wrote.

Though the investigation took several months, USAREC changed procedures in May 2017, to keep it from continuing to happen as they were still working to understand the scope of the issue.

They added three new requirements: Recruits must now sign their OPAT score cards, recruiting centers must designate someone to review score cards, and a guidance counselor has to validate both the recruit’s signature and the recruiter’s for anything suspicious.

“USAREC expects its nearly 10,000 recruiters stationed around the world to serve as respected representatives of the U.S. Army and follow all policies and regulations when accessing future soldiers to serve our country,” Ferguson said. “Any allegations of recruiter misconduct will be promptly investigated and appropriate action will be taken.”
    About
    this
    Author
    About Meghann Myers

Meghann Myers is the Pentagon bureau chief at Military Times. She covers operations, policy, personnel, leadership and other issues affecting service members.

https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-...News%20Roundup
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

Goal of 80,000 Recruits Won't Be Met, Army Secretary Says

[B][COLOR="#0000FF"]
    "
    21 Apr 2018
    Military.com | By Richard Sisk

21 Apr 2018
    Military.com | By Richard Sisk

"The Army will fall short of its recruiting goals this year but eventually wants to have a force of 500,000 active duty troops, Army Secretary Mark Esper said Friday.

The Army had sought to recruit 80,000 troops this year, a major increase over the 69,000 brought into the service last year, but has now lowered the goal to 76,500 new troops, Esper and Sergeant Major of the Army Dan Dailey said at an off-camera session with Pentagon reporters.

Esper and Dailey attributed the shortfall to a number of factors, including the improving economy and the low unemployment rate that has private employers competing for new hires.

"The strong economy does make it challenging," Esper said.

Esper said the current goal was to increase the strength of the active duty force to 483,500 but said he expected the force would have to grow to 500,000 to decrease the operational tempo that "sees our soldiers on this hamster wheel" of deployment after deployment with little time at home.

However, "we're not going to sacrifice quality for quantity" in recruiting, Esper said."

"Late last year, Maj. Gen. Jeffrey Snow, head of the Army's recruiting command, told the Associated Press that meeting recruiting goals was going to be a "significant challenge for the command" and could mean taking in more recruits who require waivers for marijuana use, low test scores and medical problems."
    https://www.military.com/daily-news/...tary-says.html
    ---------------------

The Recruitment Problem the Military Doesn’t Want to Talk About
    The services are facing a dwindling pool of largely obese, uneducated delinquents. Why?
    By Mark Perry • August 15, 2018

"In April, the Army revised that number—downwards. Instead of recruiting 80,000, it announced that it would recruit 76,500 new soldiers. But even that number might be too high, as the Army notes that it’s recruited only 28,000 in the first six months of the year. The problem, it seems, isn’t that young people don’t want to join the Army—or any of the services—it’s that they can’t. And therein lies a paradox: for while the U.S. military represents the best in America (as its most senior officers claim), it doesn’t actually represent America. For that to be true, two thirds of our military would have to consist of obese, under-educated former drug users and convicted criminals.

Here’s the arithmetic: one in three potential recruits are disqualified from service because they’re overweight, one in four cannot meet minimal educational standards (a high school diploma or GED equivalent), and one in 10 have a criminal history. In plain terms, about 71 percent of 18-to-24-year-olds (the military’s target pool of potential recruits) are disqualified from the minute they enter a recruiting station: that’s 24 million out of 34 million Americans. The good news is that while the military takes pride in attracting those who are fit, educated, law abiding, and drug-free, they’re having difficulty finding them—manifestly because fewer of them actually exist. "

https://www.theamericanconservative....to-talk-about/

Post Likes
    So you want to force even more problems onto the military? Not very smart. Darn right this isn't the military you served in 70's; remember I asked if any of you had served in the past twenty years.

One of the main reasons for the ills the military is facing is the commands are being forced to comply with social experiments and PC on steroids. The fact that MJ is now legal in a lot states is also an issue that would be exacerbated if your "mandatory service" experiment were to come to fruition.

And on a final note, how would this be paid for? Where would all these people serve? The military infrastructure has shrunk considerably over the years. Also, one of the things you rail against, the military industrial complex, would possibly profit from your short-sighted experiment.

Again, no, no and no. Terrible idea for a plethora of reasons.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast