Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Likes
    Or maybe some guy responds without looking at anything at all or understanding much of anything. I was at the meetings for this "explanation" and the completely unnecessary costs and lockdown of some of the things they were proposing as an "open specification". There are multiple specifications with the combined initiative and since the Navy historically uses BACnet it's in the specification set.

The original Army Corps specifications had the ability to hand off a common database of items in a building (multi-vendor) which could then be interpreted (read) by the UMCS to monitor and control. You aren't doing this with BACnet or a proprietary framework. The specification is comprehensive and if you are a building owner or facility manager the PVT area is of importance to you in regards to control system commissioning to establish performance.

Moving forward logically I could see returning to something portable and inter-operable. For that in a practical sense I see you can do it with BACnet and IEC61499. I also see there are other initiatives out there, but they are from a more proprietary source and don't have the potential reach IEC has.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BetterDuck View Post
    Or maybe some guy responds without looking at anything at all or understanding much of anything. I was at the meetings for this "explanation" and the completely unnecessary costs and lockdown of some of the things they were proposing as an "open specification". There are multiple specifications with the combined initiative and since the Navy historically uses BACnet it's in the specification set.

The original Army Corps specifications had the ability to hand off a common database of items in a building (multi-vendor) which could then be interpreted (read) by the UMCS to monitor and control. You aren't doing this with BACnet or a proprietary framework. The specification is comprehensive and if you are a building owner or facility manager the PVT area is of importance to you in regards to control system commissioning to establish performance.

Moving forward logically I could see returning to something portable and inter-operable. For that in a practical sense I see you can do it with BACnet and IEC61499. I also see there are other initiatives out there, but they are from a more proprietary source and don't have the potential reach IEC has.
    Lon is dead..get over it.
    Controls, the cause of... and solution to... all your HVAC problems.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by control$ View Post
    Lon is dead..get over it.
    Try to read with comprehension next time.

Post Likes
    It's impossible to make anything else out of it. Please read the title of this thread.
    Controls, the cause of... and solution to... all your HVAC problems.

Post Likes
    I believe the question asked was if ALC had a BacNET IP unitary controller and we are all sure of your stance on ALC equipment. So why are you here. Only reason I can see is to have an argument with others and not add any true substance to the conversation. The person who asked the question has not commented back to you and all you have done is bring chaos to a civilized conversation. Why don’t you go play somewhere else and let the grownups talk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by unonut View Post
    I believe the question asked was if ALC had a BacNET IP unitary controller and we are all sure of your stance on ALC equipment. So why are you here. Only reason I can see is to have an argument with others and not add any true substance to the conversation. The person who asked the question has not commented back to you and all you have done is bring chaos to a civilized conversation. Why don’t you go play somewhere else and let the grownups talk.

If the place has moderation they would push you off this thread. It's talking about IP controllers, and moved into frontend ALC and then features of that. That's grownup talk if you pay attention. Further, you erroneously infer I'm promoting the LON technology here which is 100% false and uniformed because you didn't read with comprehension. If the OP wants to push it a different direction of clarify he can do it easily enough. He started talking about the frontend. You have no idea my stance on ALC because you obviously didn't read. I think they do some nice things on the top side.

Post Likes
    Further the OP is looking for UNITARY IP controllers. ALC doesn't have them. You see who does and they work fine with ALC frontend.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by control$ View Post
    It's impossible to make anything else out of it. Please read the title of this thread.
    Yes, ALC does not have them. This is why someone else directed him to another solution that would work with ALC. It was post #6.

Post Likes
    If the place has moderation they would push you off this thread. It's talking about IP controllers, and moved into frontend ALC and then features of that. That's grownup talk if you pay attention. Further, you erroneously infer I'm promoting the LON technology here which is 100% false and uniformed because you didn't read with comprehension. If the OP wants to push it a different direction of clarify he can do it easily enough. He started talking about the frontend. You have no idea my stance on ALC because you obviously didn't read. I think they do some nice things on the top side.
    Man just stop. You didn’t start the conversation. You were ignored by the person who did ask when you bullied your way into it and have continued to have some weird argument sales pitch thing since. I am tired of it. So Controls_3AE I hope I and the others have been able to help and I wish you the best of luck.
    This is me signing off.

Post Likes

11. Likes unonut, numbawunfela liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by NYC_Controls View Post
    ALC
    Please PM or email me, or allow PMs or add an email to your profile so I can reach you, thanks.
    Scott Jalbert, WebCTRL ninja, Naiagara AX and EcoStruxure Building Expert newb, SiteScan Retired

The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by unonut View Post
    Man just stop. You didn’t start the conversation. You were ignored by the person who did ask when you bullied your way into it and have continued to have some weird argument sales pitch thing since. I am tired of it. So Controls_3AE I hope I and the others have been able to help and I wish you the best of luck.
    This is me signing off.

unonut-Don't let BetterDuck get to you. He was booted from here once already under the name Sysint. I am assuming since his name is BetterDuck it came from the saying, if it looks like a duck and it quacks like a duck...
    "It's not that I'm smart, it's that I stay with the problem longer”
    Albert Einstein

Post Likes
    I emailed you

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast