Post Likes

Blower not blowing and control board fried

Hi all. Newbie here, Asking for help with my furnace/AC. Here is what is going on...

To start, What I'm looking for is how to put voltage to the blower motor so I can get cooled off in my house.

I fired up the A.C. unit this year and all was fine. I normally clean out the unit outside, as in wash out the fins before I start it up for the season. A few weeks ago (Bummer) I found water dripping out of my furnace . I was getting A.C. but it started toggling off and on. So opened it up after turning off power and found the drain pipe clogged with lint and mold. This made the water mess that had dripped onto the control board. Another Bummer!

After clearing out the drain pipe, mopping up the water and checking the coils inside the furnace for lint and cleaning them off, I fired it back up and go nothing. Blower wouldn't kick in. I can hear the coolant being pumped thru the coils and the fan outside on. That unit is working, but no blower. I tested the thermostat and it seems to be working fine. Then I checked the Diagnostic LED's on the control panel and they were In-op. The power LED was lit. I did some testing and found the transformer was getting power and putting out the 24v also that the board was getting power. This makes me think that the board shorted out somewhere. Chip blown?

I've ordered a new board, and without a lic that wasn't an easy thing to do. But its taking 3 weeks to get to me and the weather is now 100+. With a wife that stays home its not making my life easy when I get off work.

Now for the specs...
    Lennox G60UHV-36B-090-02

I've found the motor is an ECM motor. I want to put voltage to the blower to get it running to cool the house temporarily. I found a spade on the control board that is marked CIRC. This is the Neutral for the fan, but now I'm down to a choice of 15 or 16 black wires to use to send voltage to the motor. My luck SUCKS to put it lightly, so I'm not going to stab in the dark, and the schematics I've found don't help much. They are very minimal. The unit was bought in 2003 and I still have the manual, but it's still not very helpful. Not a service manual!

Sorry for running on so long. I just wanted to be sure I got all my info in so you all can understand where I'm at with this.

So, can someone tell me what to do to connect voltage to my motor so I can have a somewhat happy wife until the part comes in?

Post Likes
    LEAVE IT ALONE.
    You have to call for service!

Post Likes
    Not really what I wanted to hear. But thank you for the comment.

Post Likes
    Sorry but......Apply direct powers to a ECM and you’ll learn a hard lesson.

Post Likes
    Gonna suck if you wait 3 weeks for the board only to discover you have a bad motor.
    Bite the bullet and call a professional to get you ac back cooling.

Post Likes
    I bet a professional gets it fixed within a few days at most, depending on the severity and parts house location!!!!

Wife will be happy and then so will you.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Post Likes
    I had a feeling the ECM motor is the type that needs a signal from the IC Chip besides voltage. I do electronics (Radio repair) on the side so I understand enough to get myself in deep trouble. LOL.
    I still thank you for your reply. I have an HVAC guy but he is out of town for a death in the family so I'm on my own for a bit. I guess I will wait for the part and cross my fingers.

I will come back and post up my findings when I get the new board installed. Wish me luck.

BTW, I do have plans to replace the Furnace before winter sets in but was hoping to get by for a few more months and for my HVAC guy to get back. He is across the big pond right now and hard to get in touch with during this bad time in his life. I don't want to bother him right now.

Post Likes
    I respect the fact that your curious and trying to be respectful and loyal to your guy, but this is an emergency, you need to call for service. Your throwing parts at something you don’t understand and this stuff does kill. Don’t make your wife a widow please

Post Likes
    ECM and VS ECM motors have power/line voltage to them as long as the furnace has power to it.

The motor not running could just as easoly be the motor is defective/broken as it could be a board problem.

Best to have a tech confirm what is really wrong. You don't really want to wait 3 weeks for a board, only to find out that its the motor, and then have to wait longer for a motor. And have a very very angry wife. Do you.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Post Likes
    At least buy a window unit for the bedroom if you insist on guessing and changing parts. Just based on experience and playing the odds; it's more likely the blower control module. Given the cost of repair, age of furnace and the fact that you were planning on replacing it anyway - I'd replace the furnace and quit messing around.
    Is the Religious Right to blame for Christianity's decline?

They argued that, as the Religious Right became increasingly visible and militant, it became associated with Christianity itself. And if being a Christian meant being associated with the likes of Jerry Falwell, many people—especially political moderates and liberals—decided to simply stop identifying as Christians altogether.

http://www.theamericanconservative.c...nitys-decline/