Post Likes

Simplicity 1A trainer board

I just got a free net tool and I would like to set up a trainer board for myself, so I can play around with it at home. I watched slc tech’s videos on YouTube, they were very informative, I was just wondering if anyone has tips for wiring it up? I have all my safeties jumped with spade connectors, except my low ambient, and my limit jumped to R on the terminal strip. I had a 40va transformer laying around that I’m powering the board with. I am also wondering if I need to ground my common for my on the board itself? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Post Likes
    I just hooked up my spare board trying to get the simplicity software to connect and i did not hook up the ground. I did however fuse the 24 volt side. The board powered up fine and i was able to connect to it with no problems. I kept reading that the software wouldnt work on windows 10 but York tech support sent me files to update windows and i was able to connect using my rs485 cable i bought on Amazon.

Post Likes
    Hey thanks for the reply! I ended up doing the same thing just put a resettable fuse in line from my transformer. So you using a computer with windows 10? I also read that wasn’t a option so I have been using a computer with 7 on it, boy is it slow. I would love to use windows 10 instead. Do you happen to have those files to update windows still?

Post Likes
    Check your email.

Post Likes
    Thanks, I appreciate it!