+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Carrier bacnet/modbus translator questions (Multiple translator card & LEDs)

Post Likes

Confused Carrier bacnet/modbus translator questions (Multiple translator card & LEDs)

Hello guys,

I have some questions to the CCN Carrier Translator module with RS-485 serial communication, and I am troubleshooting the network with 2 translators and 2 CCN controllers.

1. On the CCN terminal, each translator card connected to their own CCN controller.
    On the modbus terminal, the there are jumpers to connect each other, and sending to other modbus device with 1 RS485 cable.

As I did not find a wiring diagram from the manual for multiple translator network. And it doesnt make sense to me with jumper on the modbus terminal. Is this possible?

2. Also, from the manual the green light means "sending RS-485 communication messages" However, 1 of the card has solid Green on RS-485 and Solid Red on the status.

Did any of expert here ever experience this?

Thank you so much for you guys help!

Post Likes
    Sorry Guys,

I found out that this is how the serial modbus should be, so Point 2 can be ignored.

And I have a new question. Can I use the Carrier Network Tool to see any error code at the card?

Thank you.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by walkercheung7 View Post
    Hello guys,

I have some questions to the CCN Carrier Translator module with RS-485 serial communication, and I am troubleshooting the network with 2 translators and 2 CCN controllers.

1. On the CCN terminal, each translator card connected to their own CCN controller.
    On the modbus terminal, the there are jumpers to connect each other, and sending to other modbus device with 1 RS485 cable.

As I did not find a wiring diagram from the manual for multiple translator network. And it doesnt make sense to me with jumper on the modbus terminal. Is this possible?

2. Also, from the manual the green light means "sending RS-485 communication messages" However, 1 of the card has solid Green on RS-485 and Solid Red on the status.

Did any of expert here ever experience this?

Thank you so much for you guys help!
    So you have to use the NST to configure the card. The document that comes with it doesn’t give the setup info and it isn’t clear in NST cause it’s numerical values for selecting comm type and Baud rare. I have to find it but I will share the correct manual with you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Here is the config document for it. Also make sure that the auto mapping is turned off. If not it will reset after a power failure and change the networked points. Also check to make sure the address hasnt gone to default of 0,200. You may need to remove one of them from the network if this has happened to discover the translator card.
    Good luck

https://www.utcccs-cdn.com/hvac/docs...01/808-356.pdf

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in