Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Likes

Not sure what they were going for

Or for what purpose
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Likes
    Then there’s this one kinda following the same theme: why?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevejoe11 View Post
    Then there’s this one kinda following the same theme: why?
    The thermostat photo should be common practice.

Plug the hole so any air movement in/out of that hole does not influence the temp of the stat.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

4. Likes Lahrs liked this post.
    Post Likes
    The first picture? Is that just combustion air being dropped Into a basement? I wonder why so much?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalman0880 View Post
    The first picture? Is that just combustion air being dropped Into a basement? I wonder why so much?
    That was my first thought too but usually the combustion air pipes are stuffed with old rags to keep the cold air out and carbon monoxide in. Probably a planned run for an HRV for a new subdivision home that the low bid installers never bothered to finish.

7. Likes Lahrs liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Could they lead to a crawl space where pipes can freeze ?

Post Likes
    What's up with the electric baseboard too?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Looks like they're trying to get heat to a room upstairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jettinvr6sc View Post
    What's up with the electric baseboard too?

I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    Looks like they're trying to get heat to a room upstairs.
    Make you wonder what they were thinking. Maybe to heat the crawl space in the winter time.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pacnw View Post
    The thermostat photo should be common practice.

Plug the hole so any air movement in/out of that hole does not influence the temp of the stat.
    I couldn’t care less if there’s some air in an inside wall that’s like maybe 1/2 a degree difference touching the thermostat, not like a basic stat is really THAT accurate anyway. Maybe if I was installing in a lab or something.

And yes those are baseboards stacked on top of each other installed underneath, they are wired up. The flex lines terminate in a row on outside wall with exhaust grills

Post Likes
    I couldn’t care less if there’s some air in an inside wall that’s like maybe 1/2 a degree difference touching the thermostat, not like a basic stat is really THAT accurate anyway. Maybe if I was installing in a lab or something.

And yes those are baseboards stacked on top of each other installed underneath, they are wired up. The flex lines terminate in a row on outside wall with exhaust grills
    It’s basically big deal when there is an unconditioned space above or below. It allows unconditioned to give false readings. Hold a flame up to the hole sometime and watch it dance in the draft

Post Likes
    Well I'm sorry you don't care, but those of us that do have no issue with photo 1.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Pnasty View Post
    It’s basically big deal when there is an unconditioned space above or below. It allows unconditioned to give false readings. Hold a flame up to the hole sometime and watch it dance in the draft
    Commercial job where conduit runs up into the plenum ceiling or, as stated, an unconditioned space can be a big deal.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast