Post Likes

help getting unionized

Hi hello my name is Jack and ive been in the trades for almost 11 years now and for the majority of it im a journeymen electrican and a journeymen plumber but the plumbing company i am with also does hvac/r and aswell as have my EPA universal,Class A CDL with every endorsement in new york state and have a welders license aswell as a up to date asbestos, locksmith, FLSD licenses in new york city and have over 55 different certificate of fitnesses ive tried my hand at many different shops to take me in to get unionized but no luck at all with my background weither it be Local 1 or Local 30, Local 94, or even 638 i do have a clean steady record and have finished technical school and have a degree aswell but no rings at all from no shops , MTA, or DOT, DEP ive invested alot of money into myself and just wanna be able to be unionized to get more money cause currently at the moment i took a break from working non union and am hunting for contractors that have a good chance to get with that are union and am doing armed security for a firm on the side till something comes my way im searching but do any of you have any shops or companies in mind that would be good

Post Likes
    Go to the hall. With your good record and credentials it's a good bet they already know about you. That's where I would start.
    No man can be both ignorant and free.
    Thomas Jefferson

Post Likes
    ANY 638 contractor will hire you instantly if you have 1/2 the qualifications you state!

Post Likes
    As state go to th hall and talk to them