Post Likes

Older home. 1st time having A/C.

I have a older home that has wood ceilings under the drywall. Is it a problem if the registers and boots are not flush together do to the thickness. Also do I need a return in each room besides the kitchen and bath

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Don’t believe it’s code to put a return in a bath..nothing wrong with a central return, I suppose individual returns is even better. I don’t see a problem with the metal boot slightly past the uneven wood runs.

IMO.. May want to paint the boot to help blend into the wood. Need to pack insulation material around the boot ( from the attic side ) really well as you can get drippage if any hot attic air hits cold boot.

Post Likes
    When I say not flush together I mean the boot does not come to the bottom of the drywall. It's in between the wood and drywall.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    If your finished ceiling ( looking up at it from a bedroom as an example ) the boot should be flushed with the drywall. If we are not on the same page in descriptions may want to post pictures. Wouldn’t a bidding Contractor answer your questions also?

You know they say, a picture is worth a thousand words...