Post Likes

Brand new gauges off 6 psi on high side, should i zero them?

So i got my gauges a month ago high side was always a little off, it isn't much but still bothers me so I have a few questions. Do yellow jackets come calibrated? Is there anything wrong with zero-ing them, like will this force me to zero them more often? If i do zero them i am assuming its to the forwardx line of the white box with zero under it and not the middle? (sorry every other gauge set I've used sucked I dont know what a proper set looks like zero'd)

My lead told me he learned in school to zero them before calibrating and that's it.

It's the Titan 4 manifold set about $230, i let all the pressure out set them at room temperature and the high side is one mark up from zero.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Likes
    In doing research on this site I've decided not to zero them, I will probably calibrate them or at least check it at the shop, but any replies are still welcome, Im running calls and doing A.C. installs on my own now (after 2 years) so I no longer have a experienced leads brain to pick all day.

Post Likes
    Most if not all gauges have a zero adjustment screw either on the back or in your pic, maybe under the plug just between the R-410 marks.
    UA Local 32

Post Likes
    I know how to zero them just not sure if I should

Post Likes
    Do you have a thermocouple that you know is accurate? If so, put it on a tank of R-22, then adjust your gauge to that T/P relationship.
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

I use 56% silver on everything except steel.

Did you really need the " If you were a real tech " ??

Post Likes
    Awesome, thank you!