+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WTF Knipex Tools Lifetime warranty meaningless

Post Likes
    The warranty is built into the price of the original tool.They charge enough for the tool to start with.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by shellkamp View Post
    I wish Fieldpiece made diagonal cutters.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
    amen brother!
    "Right" is not the same as "Wise".

Don't step on my favorite part of the Constitution just to point out your favorite part.

Just because you can measure it, doesn't mean it is important. Just because you can't measure it, doesn't mean it isn't important.

Post Likes
    Since you said Berlands Im assuming your here in the Chicago area. Want to hav e fun, go to the US Headquarters.

KNIPEX TOOLS LP

1500 Busch Parkway

Buffalo Grove, IL 60089

Phone: + 1 847 - 398 - 8520

Fax: + 1 847 - 890 - 6719

E-Mail: customer-service@knipex-toolscom

Web: www.knipex-tools.com
    Hi, my name is Glenn, and I'm a Toolaholic!

4. Likes heatingman liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I sent an email. They say they will send me a return authorization. I explained that I did not have the receipt. They seem to be okay with it. Jury still out on whether or not they will actually go through with it, but Im hopeful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Still seems like a PITA to me. To me, a retail seller of the product should have to deal with the warranties also. But, I guess its all going this way.

Pretty soon, when you buy a car from a dealer, you’ll need to have the car towed to the factory for warranty repairs.

Post Likes
    Mismanagement is what killed Sears, not Amazon. Sears more or less invented online ordering with catalog sales, they knew folks would order stuff from a picture in a book, often a black and white pic too. They had distributions in place as well as an antiquated process that with only minor tweaks and a change in management attitude could have easily owned the market instead of just thinking they did.

When we bought our house the lovely maiden insisted on a kitchen remodel so appliance shopping we went. I have a preference for super tough commercial appliances, she has a less industrial taste so shopping we went. I like the kitchen aid line a lot but she didnt like the industrial handles, we settled on the Kenmore commercial line for the gas range and over stove microwave.

The exact same gas range was 560 dollars cheaper through Sears dot com than it was the store with free shipping to the store...wth. poor management resulted in about 60 seconds of them saying they couldn't make such an adjustment at the store and I clicked buy on my phone, grasp my wifes hand and said we'll see you all next week.

Fast forward to March of this year, couple of chillers shut themselves down and I make my trek through the store to the second floor at 400 in the afternoon, I saw 3 people in the entire store.

Hundreds of pairs of tough skins and a lot of the v and vv series craftsman tools until they went to the g series were purchased in my lifetime only to be out done by inferior products and poor management skills.

Every retailer out there should subscribe to this board as it still speaks volumes about what folks really want, a quality product at a decent price, with easy service.

Exit soap box stage left.

8. Likes heatingman liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Pleased to say Knipex made good on the warranty without a receipt.

Took a few emails, but they got it done.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in