Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
    Post Likes
    I apologize for not responding to every post but this is getting very time consuming & I also feel like i'm repeating myself quite a bit.
    If it's possible I'll try to explain my position without sounding political.
    There are things in our Constitution that I don't agree with. The founding fathers did a great job but they weren't perfect by any stretch of the imagination. They had the foresight to allow for amendments when changes or additions were needed. That being said I consider myself a strict constitutionalist & just because I don't like something it does or does not say doesn't mean I think we should disregard the Constitution to fit my agenda. We always have the possibility of adding Amendments to the Constitution to correct or add anything we think needs to be corrected or added.
    For instance:
    I don't want someone to come here illegally to have a baby so that child can be an US citizen, but according to my interpretation of the Constitution it clearly states the child is an American citizen.
    I don't want someone to come here illegally & be counted on the census, but according to my interpretation of the Constitution it clearly states they should be.
    I don't want someone to come here illegally & be caught 10 feet after crossing the border & now are granted rights & immunity like everyone else, but according to my interpretation of the Constitution it clearly states they have them.

Most of you guys think I'm defending illegal aliens when in fact I'm defending our Constitution or at least my interpretation. Either way it has nothing to do with whatever political agenda I might have.
    Gary
    -----------
    http://www.oceanhvac.com
    The best things in life are free but not everyone is willing to pay the price.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by garyed View Post
    I apologize for not responding to every post but this is getting very time consuming & I also feel like i'm repeating myself quite a bit.
    There are things in our Constitution that I don't agree with. The founding fathers did a great job but they weren't perfect by any stretch of the imagination. They had the foresight to allow for amendments when changes or additions were needed. That being said I consider myself a strict constitutionalist & just because I don't like something it does or does not say doesn't mean I think we should disregard the Constitution to fit my agenda. We always have the possibility of adding Amendments to the Constitution to correct or add anything we think needs to be corrected or added.
    For instance:
    I don't want someone to come here illegally to have a baby so that child can be an US citizen, but according to my interpretation of the Constitution it clearly states the child is an American citizen.
    I don't want someone to come here illegally & be counted on the census, but according to my interpretation of the Constitution it clearly states they should be.

That's not relevant to your assertion. The citizenship question does count them. Whether they decide to lie and not be counted or not is their decision.

I don't want someone to come here illegally & be caught 10 feet after crossing the border & now are granted rights & immunity like everyone else, but according to my interpretation of the Constitution it clearly states they have them.

Most of you guys think I'm defending illegal aliens when in fact I'm defending our Constitution or at least my interpretation. Either way it has nothing to do with whatever political agenda I might have.
    Would you mind posting the specific text that leads you to this interpretation?

Post Likes
    In my opinion you don't ask illegal aliens anything you just kick their ass out of the country.
    No man can be both ignorant and free.
    Thomas Jefferson

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    That's not relevant to your assertion. The citizenship question does count them. Whether they decide to lie and not be counted or not is their decision.

Would you mind posting the specific text that leads you to this interpretation?
    The 14th amendment says it all; it guarantees equal protection & it includes the words "any person" .
    Gary
    -----------
    http://www.oceanhvac.com
    The best things in life are free but not everyone is willing to pay the price.

Post Likes
    The census is not just about representation for the citizens, it also about representation for the states. Not only citizens but all people cost the states money & federal money is allotted to states according to the amount of people in those states not citizens. If the state gets more representatives because they have a lot of non citizens living there, then the citizens are more fairly represented to account for the difference.

Why should the govt be paying for the needs of folks that broke the law getting here...

Kinda like saying criminals are worthy of benefits... is that a mentally healthy way to run things???
    Reward folks choosing to break the law???

NO...
    Illegals do NOT get govt services... that will encourage their relatives to NOT sneak in!

Hey Gary,

Do YOU want to pay their expenses???
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *Cheap is not good, good is not cheap; however expensive is not a guarantee of quality!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

Post Likes
    It interferes with the count of non citizens & it could even interfere with the count of citizens who might fear for others in their household & not fill out the census. Do you really think that people are going to fill out a form & admit to a crime or put people they care about at risk of being deported? Whether a crime is being committed is not what the census is about. It is just about counting every person living in the state. If we want it to be about every legal person living in the country then an amendment needs to be added to specify the point clearly.
    How so if they fill it out...whether or not they are scared has nothing to do with the Constitution.
    Fill it out and you have the count.
    I must ask again...what is unconstitutional about the question?

Sent from LG Stylo 4 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    For instance:

It would go much faster if you explained why the question was unconstitutional....again what is unconstitutional about the question... Being afraid to answer it does not make it unconstitutional

Post Likes
    The 14th amendment says it all; it guarantees equal protection & it includes the words "any person" .
    Who is not guaranteed equal protection?

Post Likes
    Where does it state that non-citizens or illegals must not be counted separately and accounted for? Further, where does it state that non-citizens and illegals must result in financial and representative consideration?

Post Likes
    Where does it state that non-citizens or illegals must not be counted separately and accounted for? Further, where does it state that non-citizens and illegals must result in financial and representative consideration?
    Hold his feet to the fire...

He might learn something if he researches it, rather than parroting it...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *Cheap is not good, good is not cheap; however expensive is not a guarantee of quality!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

Post Likes
    I think it safe to say that if their wasn't a backdoor advantage for the Left, this wouldn't be an issue.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Hold his feet to the fire...

He might learn something if he researches it, rather than parroting it...
    Gary seems to do his homework, but his interpretations are hampered by the Liberal perspective. Odd, what seems like common sense to us is completely rejected by the Left. For instance, why would we provide additional funding and representation to accommodate those who are here illegally? Why would we open the borders to any and all when we understand the wisdom of keeping our homes locked up? There are too many 'whys' to mention.

Post Likes
    Gary seems to do his homework, but his interpretations are hampered by the Liberal perspective. Odd, what seems like common sense to us is completely rejected by the Left. For instance, why would we provide additional funding and representation to accommodate those who are here illegally? Why would we open the borders to any and all when we understand the wisdom of keeping our homes locked up? There are too many 'whys' to mention.
    Gary is a good guy but has no business voting
    Gary darn well knows that illegal aliens are not supposed to be counted for representation...Gary wants the illegal to no be afraid to answer a question on the census form.
    Gary wants these sanctuary cities and states to receive funding for these people... As we can see Gary supports undermining the presidency by hampering his job of controlling the border and those who enter illegally.
    Gary probably pops happy drugs every morning and just loves the world... probably feeding pigeons right now as we speak.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast