Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 40 to 52 of 157
  1. #40
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Deep Southeast
    Posts
    7,839
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    My guess is that they are still teaching the same material today as they were 50 years ago. Why would the Progressive Left change their ways. The have an agenda, and they will do every thing they can to continue on that path.

    My nephew is something like 30 now. My brother and I grew up in a Christian and conservative household. Don't really have a clue what values my brother tried to instill in my nephew, but after eight years in 'higher education', my nephew is now a full blown Anti America Progressive Leftist. It just breaks my heart.
    They've added: White man bad, Orange man bad.

  2. #41
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    20,894
    Post Likes
    Do we still have the long form census ??? I thought it was replaced in 2005 by the american community survey... which gets sent every year.

    Lets google...

    https://www.census.gov/history/www/p...ty_survey.html

    The nationwide American Community Survey (ACS) is a critical element of the Census Bureau's reengineered decennial census program. During previous decennial censuses, most households received a short-form questionnaire, while one household in six received a long form that contained additional questions and provided more detailed socioeconomic information about the population.

    The 2010 Census will be a short-form only census and will count all residents living in the United States as well as ask for name, sex, age, date of birth, race, ethnicity, relationship and housing tenure - taking just minutes to complete.

    The more detailed socioeconomic information once collected via the long-form questionnaire is now collected by the American Community Survey. The survey provides current data about all communities every year, rather than once every 10 years. It is sent to a small percentage of the population on a rotating basis throughout the decade. No household will receive the survey more often than once every five years.
    The bible is my constitution and the constitution is my bible.

    WE THE PEOPLE refers to THEM and not YOU.

    Chewbacca Mom 2016

  3. #42
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    napping on the couch
    Posts
    13,003
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    Do we still have the long form census ??? I thought it was replaced in 2005 by the american community survey... which gets sent every year.

    Lets google...

    https://www.census.gov/history/www/p...ty_survey.html

    The nationwide American Community Survey (ACS) is a critical element of the Census Bureau's reengineered decennial census program. During previous decennial censuses, most households received a short-form questionnaire, while one household in six received a long form that contained additional questions and provided more detailed socioeconomic information about the population.

    The 2010 Census will be a short-form only census and will count all residents living in the United States as well as ask for name, sex, age, date of birth, race, ethnicity, relationship and housing tenure - taking just minutes to complete.

    The more detailed socioeconomic information once collected via the long-form questionnaire is now collected by the American Community Survey. The survey provides current data about all communities every year, rather than once every 10 years. It is sent to a small percentage of the population on a rotating basis throughout the decade. No household will receive the survey more often than once every five years.
    It was dropped. I think in 2010.

  4. #43
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Bay Area California
    Posts
    24,777
    Post Likes
    You know guys, I'm thinkin' the OP is just talking about a turnip he's got growing in his back yard. At least judging by the thread title.
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

    I use 56% silver on everything except steel.

    Did you really need the " If you were a real tech " ??

  5. Likes Missouri Guy liked this post
  6. #44
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    14,582
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by garyed View Post
    You might have been able to make that argument more than 150 years ago but if you look at the rest of my post that you quoted you'll see that the 14th amendment came along & it did away with the "free person" qualification.
    In regard to slavery I presume.. but the point is a differentiation can exist.

    A criminal on the loose in another nation is not a free person...Just like you couldn't sneak into N Korea and claim you are free.

    I noticed you dodged my other posts..so I gave you some easy Pickens to respond to.

    Can you explain why you feel the question is unconstitutional.

    Whether or not you feel these people should be counted is really not relevant to why you feel the question is unconstitutional.
    The question is asked on job applications for instance and a variety of other forms and has held up to all challenges.




    Sent from LG Stylo 4 using Tapatalk
    ...

  7. #45
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    20,894
    Post Likes
    [QUOTE=Brian8383;25746638]It was dropped. I think in 2010.[/QUOTE

    Well, actually 2005 when the government Began doing the American community thing every year instead of having a long form every decade.

    Actually before that because the acs was actually first considered in either the late 90s early 2ks
    The bible is my constitution and the constitution is my bible.

    WE THE PEOPLE refers to THEM and not YOU.

    Chewbacca Mom 2016

  8. #46
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    20,894
    Post Likes
    Also... as far as the question is concerned.. I would have no objections putting it on the short form that gets sent to everyone.

  9. #47
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    6,762
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Missouri Guy View Post
    In regard to slavery I presume.. but the point is a differentiation can exist.

    A criminal on the loose in another nation is not a free person...Just like you couldn't sneak into N Korea and claim you are free.

    I noticed you dodged my other posts..so I gave you some easy Pickens to respond to.

    Can you explain why you feel the question is unconstitutional.

    Whether or not you feel these people should be counted is really not relevant to why you feel the question is unconstitutional.
    The question is asked on job applications for instance and a variety of other forms and has held up to all challenges.




    Sent from LG Stylo 4 using Tapatalk
    I think the question of citizenship is unconstitutional because it serves to disqualify part of the intent of the census which is to count every person & not just every citizen living in the US. It's not hard to figure out if someone has five people living in the house & four are not citizens that they might not want to put those four on the census if the question is asked. Why it was ever on other censuses in the past & not challenged I don't know but maybe it was just overlooked until Trump brought it up.
    Gary
    -----------
    http://www.oceanhvac.com
    The best things in life are free but not everyone is willing to pay the price.

  10. #48
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Deep Southeast
    Posts
    7,839
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by garyed View Post
    I think the question of citizenship is unconstitutional because it serves to disqualify part of the intent of the census which is to count every person & not just every citizen living in the US. It's not hard to figure out if someone has five people living in the house & four are not citizens that they might not want to put those four on the census if the question is asked. Why it was ever on other censuses in the past & not challenged I don't know but maybe it was just overlooked until Trump brought it up.
    The question is effective either way, even if "they might not want to put those four on the census". If they do, we have a count of illegals living in the USA and the count of citizens for the purpose of representation. If they don't put the four on the census, the citizen count for purposes of representation is still accurate.

  11. #49
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    14,582
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by garyed View Post
    1"I think the question of citizenship is unconstitutional because it serves to disqualify part of the intent of the census which is to count every person & not just every citizen living in the US."

    2"It's not hard to figure out if someone has five people living in the house & four are not citizens that they might not want to put those four on the census if the question is asked."

    3"Why it was ever on other censuses in the past & not challenged I don't know but maybe it was just overlooked until Trump brought it up".
    Since I am Tapatalk I can't highlight text..and snippets are a pain...so I will put actual quotation marks...and breaks.

    1 Why would intent matter?
    Either it's a constitutional question or it isn't.
    Age... does it matter?..if we are only counting people for example
    You are using the argument that they should be counted...I disagree...but for the sake of it.. let's count em...What is unconstitutional about the question?


    2 How does someone being afraid to respond to a question unconstitutional?... Shouldn't their own criminal behavior be responsible for the fears.
    If you want to use fear...Well I am afraid to fill out my taxes .


    3 How would it be overlooked before Trump.. Millions of people seeing them. .. including judges, lawyers, legislators, and so on.
    It's only an issue because the Democrats are azzbags as they want to fight everything single thing a Republican does... Trying to make people "feel good".. like they are fighting for you while they are not in power


    Sent from LG Stylo 4 using Tapatalk
    ...

  12. Likes vin lashon liked this post
  13. #50
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    6,762
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    The question is effective either way, even if "they might not want to put those four on the census". If they do, we have a count of illegals living in the USA and the count of citizens for the purpose of representation. If they don't put the four on the census, the citizen count for purposes of representation is still accurate.
    The census is not just about representation for the citizens, it also about representation for the states. Not only citizens but all people cost the states money & federal money is allotted to states according to the amount of people in those states not citizens. If the state gets more representatives because they have a lot of non citizens living there, then the citizens are more fairly represented to account for the difference.
    Gary
    -----------
    http://www.oceanhvac.com
    The best things in life are free but not everyone is willing to pay the price.

  14. #51
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Deep Southeast
    Posts
    7,839
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by garyed View Post
    The census is not just about representation for the citizens, it also about representation for the states. Not only citizens but all people cost the states money & federal money is allotted to states according to the amount of people in those states not citizens. If the state gets more representatives because they have a lot of non citizens living there, then the citizens are more fairly represented to account for the difference.

    Meaning that if illegals and non-citizens are not differentiated from the citizens, the total count drives up not only the representation, but also the number of Electoral College votes.

    I wonder why the Democrats so aggressively oppose the question?

  15. #52
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    14,582
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by garyed View Post
    The census is not just about representation for the citizens, it also about representation for the states. Not only citizens but all people cost the states money & federal money is allotted to states according to the amount of people in those states not citizens. If the state gets more representatives because they have a lot of non citizens living there, then the citizens are more fairly represented to account for the difference.
    What is unconstitutional about the question?
    We get it... you are for not asking about citizenship/ and also providing with representation..
    If they fill it out ..then they are counted right Gary?..that's what you want..so we will go with that for now..
    However why do you want to give them the ability to vote(by proxy) by giving the illegal visitors representation?
    You do know that at one time not even all of our citizens did not have representation.
    You do understand that representation is for the citizens of the United States...and still not all have representation



    Sent from LG Stylo 4 using Tapatalk
    ...

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •