Post Likes

CO poisoning sends 46 to hospital (15 critical) in Winnipeg MB Canada

Just thought I would post this from my city as apparently its one of the biggest CO poisoning cases in Canada

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manit...per8-1.5206755

Its interesting they are suspecting the boiler as it was around 22C (71F) here yesterday and should not have been producing heat.

Not sure what they use for making water hot for showers etc., but the hotel has re-opened for business and the gas is still off according to media reports.

2. Likes Lahrs liked this post
    Post Likes
    Yes sad. Down here in the states and in Mexico the same, usually gas water heaters and pool heaters.
    I never go on vacation without my personal CO monitor.
    Uh...Google it yourself!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mbhydro View Post
    Just thought I would post this from my city as apparently its one of the biggest CO poisoning cases in Canada

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manit...per8-1.5206755

Its interesting they are suspecting the boiler as it was around 22C (71F) here yesterday and should not have been producing heat.

Not sure what they use for making water hot for showers etc., but the hotel has re-opened for business and the gas is still off according to media reports.
    385ppm! Glad no one died.

Your suspicion is probably right, boiler for HW and pool.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by STEVEusaPA View Post
    Yes sad. Down here in the states and in Mexico the same, usually gas water heaters and pool heaters.
    I never go on vacation without my personal CO monitor.
    Same here, my Sensorcon travels with me anytime I am away. Reminds me, it needs to be sent back for cal.

Post Likes
    Sensorcon Inspector, Industrial PRO is the one I have (probably you too).
    My wife thought I was a kook bringing it everywhere, until that story popped a few years ago about the family somewhere in the islands or Mexico that died in their room.
    I've been using one since I almost bought it 5 or so years ago fixing an oil burner in a pizza shop and didn't notice two gas-fired water heaters around the corner (blocked by shelving) were venting into the same chimney. The huge exhaust fan for the kitchen was back drafting CO thru the oil-fired boiler into my face.

Now she reminds me while were packing...
    Uh...Google it yourself!