Post Likes

Air vent at work is loud

The air vent above my desk at work is so loud I'm unable to hear my radio or anyone else in the office. Not clunking or anything. When the A/C or heat is on the air itself is loud. I've asked management about making it quieter and he .... I'll keep my opinion to myself. He was unable to help. Is there anything I can do to make it quieter? A magnetic cover maybe over half of it? It's pretty much always on because people at the other end of the hall are always warm.

Post Likes
    Move your location

Post Likes
    Unable to move my office.

Post Likes
    The system is out of balance. Good luck getting the building engineers to correct it.

Post Likes
    When nobody is around pull a ceiling tile (if you have drop in ceiling) and find the balance damper. Close it enough to make you happy. If there is a VAV or FPB get maintenance to access the control program and reduce the max airflow.
    No man can be both ignorant and free.
    Thomas Jefferson

Post Likes
    If this is not the case, disregard. Look around your office. Do you see other outlets where people have tried to block the air.
    This is common but what happens is soon as one outlet is blocked, that air is re-distributed to the others. It won't take many to restrictions to completely disrupt the balance. By removing the blockages the system will be able to be closer to what the designer intended.
    If this is what happened, come in early and remove everyone's blockage. Spread the rumor that the system has been fixed ( at great expense) Then if you see someone re-blocking, come in early again with a ladder and gently partly close a damper you'll probably find on the duct. Just a little dab will do ya.
    This is because once one is blocked the disruption of the air leads another to block theirs and so on and so on.
    Then you'll be an apprentice Test and Balance technician ~(.)(.)~
    Give me a relay with big enough contacts, and I'll run the world!

You can be anything you want......As long as you don't suck at it.

If a person wants to create a machine that will be more likely to fail...Make it complicated.

USAF 98 Bomb Wing 1960-66 SMW Lu49

Post Likes
    Moved to AOP.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Post Likes
    Card board and tape.