Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718 LastLast
    Post Likes
    If i can't find a leak with my Dtek select or the new Stratus,I boost the pressure to about 300 PSI with nitrogen and some freon .If I still cant find it.I let out the charge .Change the drier, pull a quick vacuum, about 30 minutes,Not looking for a real deep vacuums there is still a small leak,Charge unit and add dye.(Although I hate using UV and dye, messy).Let the unit run a few days.Come back with the UV light.I usually find it.If I don't find it,I go back to the electronic.If I still don't find it.I runs like it is.Come back when it leaks again.Now I have dye in it.I had a system like this.Took about 2 lbs every 6 months,I found the leak a year later.Small leak inside the wall.Dye had run down the pipe .Hard to find in a wall, that you can't get to, very small leak.Sometimes the dye is better ,especially when there is spot you cant get to.I usually find the leak with an electronic.I also find some leaks with the Inficon Whisperaie,ultrasonic.It works good in certain situations,works good if the leak is in a spot you cant get to.like inside a wall or behind something.I think it has to be a bigger leak to hear it, then what an electronic can pickup.

Where the grass is green and the girls are pretty
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by derrickb View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgpCpNXTa2w

Not the H10, but Nathan has added the Stratus to his report. I know he got banned from here but he seems to put a lot of genuine time and effort into this whether people agree with his methodology or results.

I'm curious how good a sample the YJ HFC reference bottle is given how much of a difference there was in sensibility of any given detector between 134a and 410a in the HVAC Shop Talk competition.

I was going to buy an H10 Pro but now i'm not sure whether I should get a tek mate for 22 and a srl8 for 410a. It's annoying because a few people might say one is great and the next few say it's worthless. He is really high on the Fieldpiece but says it's prone to false alarms and must have the sensor changed at least once a year. IDK, the H10 seems like the safer choice.
    He has the H10 Pro in there. I see there is a new testo also that looks like one is good on 22 the other for 410.
    Thanks for spotting that.
    Any real world evidence has contradicted his results with the SRL8 but makes you wonder.

Post Likes
    Testo electronic leak detector!!!Anyone have one.I was not aware that Testo made an electronic leak detector until just now.Anybody have one.How good are they?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Gleng View Post
    Testo electronic leak detector!!!Anyone have one.I was not aware that Testo made an electronic leak detector until just now.Anybody have one.How good are they?
    https://www.testo.com/en-US/refriger...ge_measurement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    The new testo says it will detect hydrogen too. I wonder about hydrocarbon refrigerant. It's a big jump in price compared to the old testo version but right there with the H10 Pro.

Post Likes
    Anyone personally used one!!!!Any one have first hand info on it!!!!

Post Likes
    It's listed as a chemical sensor and detects HC as well

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Saturatedpsi View Post
    The LS-4...same thing I have. And I saw his videos on another forum.

The paperwork that came with mine says not to expose the device to liquid, so I have never inverted the refrigerant drum. I wonder if that makes a difference with the amount of stuff that discharges?

Neither ZX I have ever detected as strong as your video showed...
    I can't seem to find any U.S. links. Where did you buy yours?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    I can't seem to find any U.S. links. Where did you buy yours?
    I bought direct from the UK place...it was an ordeal simply because they didn't have a conventional way to take the money. No credit cards, no PayPal, the £ to $ conversion...

..and I forget how I did it. May have been a bank transfer.

They aren't hard to get along with, just not set up deal with us yanks I suppose. It was a bunch of emails and several weeks getting from step 1 to delivery...

That's been 2-3 years ago so maybe things are less complicated now.

Post Likes
    I bought direct from the UK place...it was an ordeal simply because they didn't have a conventional way to take the money. No credit cards, no PayPal, the £ to $ conversion...

..and I forget how I did it. May have been a bank transfer.

They aren't hard to get along with, just not set up deal with us yanks I suppose. It was a bunch of emails and several weeks getting from step 1 to delivery...

That's been 2-3 years ago so maybe things are less complicated now.
    That's a lot of hoops. Was it worth the trouble?

Post Likes
    That's a lot of hoops. Was it worth the trouble?
    Was for me...instead of using someone's mystery ingredient reference, I can reference the refrigerant.

Cost a little something over a Benjamin and will last years. No maintenance other than keep it clean. And even if it gets dirty you can give it an ultrasonic bath in alcohol to clean it.

Post Likes
    Was for me...instead of using someone's mystery ingredient reference, I can reference the refrigerant.

Cost a little something over a Benjamin and will last years. No maintenance other than keep it clean. And even if it gets dirty you can give it an ultrasonic bath in alcohol to clean it.
    I may give it a shot. I'll contact them. That is, unless you'd like to sell me yours?

Post Likes
    I may give it a shot. I'll contact them. That is, unless you'd like to sell me yours?
    ..don't wanna' sell it. The Stratus doesn't seem to be what I had hoped, so I'll be trying something else. Maybe the Testo 316-4...

Next year...

The LS-4 purchase isn't painful...just drawn out. Send 'em the email.

14. Likes vin lashon liked this post
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718 LastLast