Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 14 to 26 of 45
  1. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Hamersville, Ohio
    Posts
    7,281
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Trump administration raises concern in the Triad Montagnard community
    Ian McDowell
    January 9, 2019

    "“After reading that, I felt stabbed in the back,” said Liana Adrong, administrative coordinator of the Montagnard Dega Association of Greensboro, whom I interviewed on Dec. 29. “My father did so much to help U.S. Special Forces back in the day, and the president is making it sound like this country doesn’t care about us anymore.”

    She was referring to “Trump Moves to Deport Vietnam War Refugees,” a Dec. 12 Atlantic article about the administration’s intention to unilaterally reinterpret a 2008 agreement protecting Vietnamese immigrants who arrived in the U.S. before 1995 from deportation.

    Trump first tried to change this policy in 2017, when ICE began rounding up long-term immigrants from Vietnam, Laos, and Cambodia. This received bipartisan criticism and prompted the resignation of Ted Osius, the U.S. Ambassador to Vietnam, who called it a broken promise to those now facing imprisonment or worse in those countries. In November of 2018, the New York Times reported that the administration “has quietly backed away from” deporting these refugees, but this reversal was short-lived.

    Three weeks later, The Atlantic quoted James Thrower, a spokesperson for the U.S. embassy in Hanoi, as stating that, while pre-1995 Vietnamese immigrants are not subject to the 2008 agreement, it “does not explicitly preclude” their removal."

    "With the North’s 1975 victory over the corrupt U.S.-backed government in Saigon, Montagnards became increasingly subject to persecution, imprisonment, and death in the newly united Vietnam. Many fled to Cambodia, only to face more persecution by that country’s ruling communist party, the Khmer Rouge."

    "Ksor said that, in her work with the CNNC, she’s spoken to Montagnards who fought for the U.S. and who are greatly concerned about this administration’s intentions. “One has bullet fragments all through his body, basically from head to toe, and he nearly died just a couple of weeks ago because his liver and pancreas got some bacterial viruses from those old fragments still in his body.”



    "When the man first came to the U.S., she said, he expected to find support here, but this wasn’t the case. “He wants to get U.S. citizenship, but because of the language barriers, because he can’t drive, because he has no money, there are so many things that prevent that from happening. If he did something wrong – for example, stole food or did something just to survive, that could get him sent back. It doesn’t make sense that he sacrificed so much for his friends and then for this country not to care about him because he did something wrong in the past.”


    "A week after I met with Adrong, Bujri and Ksor, I traveled to the rural outskirts of Asheboro to talk to U.S. Special Forces veterans who’d fought alongside men like Adrong’s father. Highlands Lane, a gated gravel road off Waynick Meadow Road, leads to the compound that the men who built it call the New Central Highlands. One of those men is George Clark, president of Save the Montagnard People, a nonprofit charity founded by Vietnam veterans in 1986.

    Clark, a Green Beret who served with the Mobile Strike Force Command (MIKE Force), explained the purpose of this small rural Montagnard community."


    "Clark saw much bigger fights in Vietnam and almost died in one. A Montagnard he called Charlie saved him. Here’s the story as he told it.

    “We were helping the SEALS out when they were getting hammered pretty bad down in the Mekong Delta. The Nha Trang MIKE Force, that emblem on my jacket, we hit everywhere. From ’69 on, we would send one of our Montagnard companies down there, to some hot spot where the NVA [North Vietnamese Army] was shooting up our boats."

    "Clark said the future looks grim for those Montagnards sent back there by this administration.

    They don’t have a chance unless the people in North Carolina get off their ass and start raising Hell. It has to start with public awareness of who these people are and what they did for us. Nobody’s talking about that. What’s that little newspaper you got up there in Greensboro, the Rhino? I talked to them 15 or 20 times, and they keep promising to write about it but haven’t. How hard is it to keep our word to the people who sacrificed so much for us?”




    https://yesweekly.com/trump-administ...ard-community/
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.


    "You've got to Stand for Something or You'll fall for anything" (A. Tippin)


    Mat_15:24 But he answered, “I wasn’t sent to anyone but the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

  2. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Near Atlanta, GA.
    Posts
    14,836
    Post Likes
    To clarify...many of the men and women who served in Viet Nam went through a Hell that most of us cannot comprehend. Because of that, some can be understandably emotional about it.

    I'm not taking sides on this, but I will ask everyone to be respectful of those who served over there and what they went through.
    Last edited by Special-K; 07-08-2019 at 12:32 PM.

  3. Likes glennac liked this post
  4. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    41,659
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Special-K View Post
    To clarify...many of the men and women who served in Viet Nam went through a Hell that most of us cannot comprehend. Because of that, some can be understandably emotional about it.

    I'm not taking sides on this, but I will ask everyone to be respectful of those who served over there and went through what they did.
    Agree...

    Unless you were alive and involved in politics during that time...
    It is hard to understand what the guys and gals who stepped up and served their country had to deal with.

    It is easy to 'arm chair QB'...
    It is not so easy to know what it was like from the chair.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

  5. Likes glennac liked this post
  6. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    19,989
    Post Likes
    I got a couple of things to say about this crazy thread. Congress let the South Vietnamese and the Mountainyards down and abandoned them and not our "government". That was the commie loving Democrats and the sorry RINOs in Congress.

    It was terrible what happened not only to the Mountainyards but to the South Vietnamese especially those who worked for the government and those ARVN soldiers who fought to the end along with us too.

    Lots of them died in "re education camps" and those who survived were kept for an average of 8 years in those camps and when released didn't get any medical care or pension and were left to fend as best they could.

    Lots of us soldiers and Marines died too and were severely wounded to come home to a bunch of commie faggot hippies calling us "baby killers" and we were considered nuts by a lot of gals our age after listening to all the negative press about us and every bad thing they could print about us such as the "My Lai massacre". So I don't care to hear anymore S*** throw at us for what we did there.

    We could have and should have been "allowed" to win the war which was very winnable when we were there but not allowed to by LBJ. Nixon wanted to win if not at least forced NV to sign a peace treaty leaving SV in tact.

    One final note I was there and saw what was going on and I am telling the truth about what happened. We were winning the war when I was there and we gave it our all in my unit (B Trp. 11thACR) and that's a fact jack.

    Now go ahead OP and write a few thousand words about it from what you have read and regurgitate it to us.

    The SF and Seals weren't the only ones giving their all to win that war by the way we in the 11th ACR did our part and our morale was high also regardless what you might read in some biased media stories.

    I will let it go for now, to busy to keep up with the dialog here anyhow. Thank you, thank you very much
    Last edited by glennac; 07-08-2019 at 01:07 PM.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."

    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Sen. Barry Goldwater

  7. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Near Atlanta, GA.
    Posts
    14,836
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Agree...

    Unless you were alive and involved in politics during that time...
    It is hard to understand what the guys and gals who stepped up and served their country had to deal with.

    It is easy to 'arm chair QB'...
    It is not so easy to know what it was like from the chair.
    I dare say most of us know that politicians were what was wrong with that war (yes, I know it was technically a police action, but I'm sure it felt just like war to those who were there).

    If we we must go to war, go to WIN. If nothing else, I hope we learned that lesson from Viet Nam.

  8. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    41,659
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Special-K View Post
    I dare say most of us know that politicians were what was wrong with that war (yes, I know it was technically a police action, but I'm sure it felt just like war to those who were there).

    If we we must go to war, go to WIN. If nothing else, I hope we learned that lesson from Viet Nam.
    Ya know...

    Seems like, other than a few skirmishes (destroying Isis last year comes to mind)...

    Since WW2... winning a war has not been a goal.

    Wonder why???

    However... lets not hijack the thread...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

  9. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    19,989
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Special-K View Post
    I dare say most of us know that politicians were what was wrong with that war (yes, I know it was technically a police action, but I'm sure it felt just like war to those who were there).

    If we we must go to war, go to WIN. If nothing else, I hope we learned that lesson from Viet Nam.
    Yeah well some police action K with app. 80,000 combat troops and 470, 000 support troops on the ground plus the Navy and Air Force going at it 24/7.

    Nah it was a war tactically but not strategically unfortunately. On the ground we were wide open bound only by the Geniva Convention Rules of war and common sense. No "rules of engagement".

    Most strategic targets in N Vietnam were off limits: AF bases, bridges, trains, dams, factories, Naval Ports etc. There in lies the problem. Thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."

    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Sen. Barry Goldwater

  10. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    41,659
    Post Likes
    Watched a WW2 movie the other evening...
    Force 10 from Navarone if I remember...

    Yeah, most of that stuff from Hollywood is fiction...
    However there was something as clear as sunshine:

    Folks fought to WIN!

    Blowing a dam to take out a bridge was not off limits...
    It was whatever it took to stop the enemy...

    Just win... nothing intellectual about it... just win!

    And WHEN the enemy was defeated...
    They surrendered on OUR terms.

    And hopefully they learned a lesson about not starting another war...
    And hopefully the folks that watched from the sidelines... learned the same lesson.

    Now-a-days...
    History is twisted, so nobody understands the lessons anymore...
    I hope we do not need to fight a HOT war on US soil...
    So folks will learn the lesson all over again.

    However if that is necessary to get folks back to common sense...
    Then I hope all of you guys have lots of ammo stockpiled...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

  11. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Hamersville, Ohio
    Posts
    7,281
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    I got a couple of things to say about this crazy thread. Congress let the South Vietnamese and the Mountainyards down and abandoned them and not our "government". That was the commie loving Democrats and the sorry RINOs in Congress.

    It was terrible what happened not only to the Mountainyards but to the South Vietnamese especially those who worked for the government and those ARVN soldiers who fought to the end along with us too.

    Lots of them died in "re education camps" and those who survived were kept for an average of 8 years in those camps and when released didn't get any medical care or pension and were left to fend as best they could.

    Lots of us soldiers and Marines died too and were severely wounded to come home to a bunch of commie faggot hippies calling us "baby killers" and we were considered nuts by a lot of gals our age after listening to all the negative press about us and every bad thing they could print about us such as the "My Lai massacre". So I don't care to hear anymore S*** throw at us for what we did there.

    We could have and should have been "allowed" to win the war which was very winnable when we were there but not allowed to by LBJ. Nixon wanted to win if not at least forced NV to sign a peace treaty leaving SV in tact.

    One final note I was there and saw what was going on and I am telling the truth about what happened. We were winning the war when I was there and we gave it our all in my unit (B Trp. 11thACR) and that's a fact jack.

    Now go ahead OP and write a few thousand words about it from what you have read and regurgitate it to us.

    The SF and Seals weren't the only ones giving their all to win that war by the way we in the 11th ACR did our part and our morale was high also regardless what you might read in some biased media stories.

    I will let it go for now, to busy to keep up with the dialog here anyhow. Thank you, thank you very much
    --------------

    "Congress let the South Vietnamese and the Mountainyards down and abandoned them and not our "government". That was the commie loving Democrats and the sorry RINOs in Congress. "

    Sir, ... You'll have to explain that Statement.

    All of My "Thinking LIfe", ... I've always believed, & was taught that "Congress"/ "The Republicans & Democrats", ..... Are a Large Part of Our "Government".

    Can You enlighten me here?

    As far as the a large part of your dissertation, ....... With all Due Respect, & I Do Thank You for Your Service Glenn,... This is absolutely 180 degrees away from what You stated about my posts in the "Four Caravans" Thread. And there, ... You gave me a lot of Grief about what I stated.

    Now, ... As far as the Undeclared, & Unjustified Viet Nam War, ..... That began with the LIE, about the "Gulf of Tonkin", Publicly told to the American People,....

    It Served the Interests of what Eisenhower called, & Warned America about, before leaving Office >>> the "Military/Industrial Complex".

    That "War", & "Wars" after it, served the Interests of what Trump calls "The Deep State".

    Those "Wars", .... Serve what George Bush Sr. referenced twice in Speeches to America, which he called "The New World Order", which on the "Biblical Side" should send a chill down the back of anyone that has studied The Last Days Prophecies.

    I'm not a "Pacifist", nor for Disarming America Glenn.

    I'm All About America JUSTIFIABLY & QUICKLY Whupping th' Azz of any Enemy that seeks to Attack/Destroy this "Once Great Nation",.... And You Can Take that to The Bank Sir.

    I'm Prior Service, & My Battalion was ready to rotate to Nam, during Tricky Dick's Admin, until We got ordered to Stand Down.

    My Son is a Master Sargent who has Deployed 3 times to Afghanistan, Iraq, & Bosnia.

    One of My Son in Laws is a Sargent First Class, who Deployed twice to Iraq, & twice to Afghanistan. "Lucky" as We Proudly call him, was a "Bradley Commander" in the push in to Fallujah-Iraq, & He had two "Bradleys" blown out from under him, in which he escaped with minor injuries, a TBI, & PTSD.

    My Sister & Brother were deployed to Kuwait & Saudi Arabia in the Air Force.

    My Nephew served two Tours in Iraq, & in the last tour he took a AK round to his leg.

    My Uncle, served three tours in Viet Nam, & suffers what is called Today PTSD.

    My Grandfather on My Mothers side landed in Normandy, & was wounded at the Battle of the Bulge.

    We have a heritage, of Serving Our Country Glenn, & I will NEVER, Ever, Disrespect My Family Members, nor Myself, for having SERVED Our Country!

    But I will not be Silent about Our Government, that has Waged Unjustified & Undeclared War, only to enrich the Elite, Weaken America, & Hasten the Goal of a One World Order.

    But You can't comprehend that can you?
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.


    "You've got to Stand for Something or You'll fall for anything" (A. Tippin)


    Mat_15:24 But he answered, “I wasn’t sent to anyone but the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

  12. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Hamersville, Ohio
    Posts
    7,281
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Special-K View Post
    I dare say most of us know that politicians were what was wrong with that war (yes, I know it was technically a police action, but I'm sure it felt just like war to those who were there).

    If we we must go to war, go to WIN. If nothing else, I hope we learned that lesson from Viet Nam.


    I Absolutely Agree Special-K!

    Problem is, .... Our Government has not allowed Our Military to Zealously Fight & Win a "War", since WW2, with the exception of Grenada.
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.


    "You've got to Stand for Something or You'll fall for anything" (A. Tippin)


    Mat_15:24 But he answered, “I wasn’t sent to anyone but the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

  13. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    19,989
    Post Likes
    DDB you need to take your "crusade" on Vietnam to the cage where I can address your comments more effectively. Thank you very much.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."

    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Sen. Barry Goldwater

  14. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    19,989
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidDeBord View Post
    -------------

    I'm Prior Service, & My Battalion was ready to rotate to Nam, during Tricky Dick's Admin, until We got ordered to Stand Down.

    ?
    Funny DDB you say you are 65 and that means you were born in 54. Well no new units were even considered for deployment in the fall of 69 and in fact they started withdrawing some units starting with the 1st Inf. Div.in Jan 70 and by early February they were gone and my unit the 11th ACR operated out of some their fire bases in the Spring of 70..

    Anyhow you were only 16 years old in 1970 so how could you have even been an Army boot camp much less getting ready to be deployed to Nam when they were taking units home then.

    I have nothing further to say to you or discuss with you since you can never tell the truth just your spin or out right falsehoods. Good night DDB and hope the door doesn't hit you on the way out. Geez. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."

    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Sen. Barry Goldwater

  15. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Hamersville, Ohio
    Posts
    7,281
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    DDB you need to take your "crusade" on Vietnam to the cage where I can address your comments more effectively. Thank you very much.
    No Sir, .... The "Crusade" as You call it, will remain here, for that matter, it doesn't matter where it would be, cuz' You'd still be Ignoring the Data presented, & still refuse to have any form of a Civil, Common Sense, & Respectful discussion about the matter.

    Our Government Lied to the American People about the reason for Invading Viet Nam, & it also Abandoned it's proven Allies, The Montagnards, which left them without the "Promised" Air Support & Re-supply. ----- THEY GOT BUTCHERED & The American Government IGNORED what was happening to them, & Frankly if it wasn't for the Special Operations Troops that Lived with, Trained, & Fought alongside the Montagnards, ..... Standing Up, & Zealously Seeking to bring them here to America, where many a Veteran is helping them begin a new life in North Carolina, ..... They would be still suffering in the Refugee Camps in Thailand, & or, being Forcefully Returned to Viet Nam, where it is reported that they have been placed in Prison, or they just "Disappear".

    The Problem with this Horrific & Shocking matter, ..... Is that America has & is repeating "The Abandonment of an Ally" specifically being The Kurds, & many an Afghanistan & Iraqi, that stood beside America in it's Campaigns.

    My Sincere Desire, would be that America Protects & Supports All Allies that Fought &/or Fight alongside Our Troops, as well as those that helped Americans gather Intelligence, Supplies, etc., despite the Hatred & Death Threats that they Have & Are Receiving.

    Unlike Illegal Immigrants that seek only to "Feast at Our Table", & don't give a flyin' Rat's Azz about Our Heritage, Our Constitution, & Our Freedom, that get Food Stamps, Housing, Medical Care, & more, "All on the Tax payers dime", ... It's My Firm Belief that those who have Sacrificed so much, & have, or will, suffer the Wrath of a Government, ..... That America was supposed to Prevent from being established,, ........

    Those Allies, if they so wished,..... Should be placed on a Fast Track to becoming American Citizens.


    And not for one second, .... Should those Allies suffer, in their Country, without some type of Response from America that would give Great Cause for the Offending Government to continue their Persecution/Genocide against those that Served with Our Troops.
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.


    "You've got to Stand for Something or You'll fall for anything" (A. Tippin)


    Mat_15:24 But he answered, “I wasn’t sent to anyone but the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •