Post Likes

BEST BOOK ON HOW TO TO DESIGN AIR CONDITIONING UNITS

Greetings to all

I am looking for a book or any online website which will teach me how to design air conditioning units. I want to start by building a small 5 Ton package unit.

I want to learn all the calculations for each components (compressor, expansion valve, condenser/evaporator, condenser fan, blower, blower motor etc.) and whatever else that is needed.

I do know that there are selection software's available from the manufacturers website (e.g. compressor selection software). But still I need help.

I also know that there are simulation software's for condensers/evaporators. I don't need help with condenser/evaporator design (length, width, circuiting etc.). I want to learn how to calculate their capacity.

I am mechanical engineer. I have worked in an A/C manufacturer's factory in the assembly line and also a little in the designing department. I know how to calculate heat loads and how to calculate duct/pipe sizes, air devices etc.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Alijazz123 View Post
    Greetings to all

I am looking for a book or any online website which will teach me how to design air conditioning units. I want to start by building a small 5 Ton package unit.

I want to learn all the calculations for each components (compressor, expansion valve, condenser/evaporator, condenser fan, blower, blower motor etc.) and whatever else that is needed.

I do know that there are selection software's available from the manufacturers website (e.g. compressor selection software). But still I need help.

I also know that there are simulation software's for condensers/evaporators. I don't need help with condenser/evaporator design (length, width, circuiting etc.). I want to learn how to calculate their capacity.

I am mechanical engineer. I have worked in an A/C manufacturer's factory in the assembly line and also a little in the designing department. I know how to calculate heat loads and how to calculate duct/pipe sizes, air devices etc.
    https://www.steamfitters638.org/

Post Likes
    As as Tech in the field,w/ gauges,w/ a toolbox, I found that the CARRIER "Handbook of Air Conditioning System Design" to be a great guide for me to understand "how" things are,according to Carrier Engineers.. all 832 pgs!

It is a Good Read!

Post Likes
    No Question about it for me, "Carrier System Design Manuals"are a MUST Have. http://4mechengineer.com/carrier-sys...nual-12-books/
    Attached Images Attached Images