Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 27 to 39 of 126
  1. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    9,420
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    Honestly, I think that most do, and the reason I believe that is that most (not all) don't care about facts or realities. You seem to align yourself with prevailing Liberal ideology, but your comment implies that you don't, at least not in all.

    What, in your opinion, sets your perspective apart from the Liberal mantra?
    I live in a Liberal State and they generally disgust me.

    I think my only liberal slants are that I do not like guns being carried by low IQ, emotionally unbalanced people who make up a large part of my area. I also do not like the crony capitalism that has ruined our healthcare system (making me a huge victim).

    I don't think those who like their Medicare are called Liberals. Nor should I be called that either for liking it.

    I have a unique opinion of God. I am a believer but in my own way.

    If I am a Liberal then I am a unique one from thinking for myself. Show me a unique Conservative who posts here? I don't think there is one.

  2. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    40,855
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    One could surmise that the Liberal Elite don't want them to.
    Ding, ding, ding...

    I think we have an example of a person who thinks outside the MSM box!!!

    Agree... the liberal/progressive elites would loose their gravy train careers and income...
    If their groupies ever thought for themselves.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

  3. Likes vin lashon liked this post
  4. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    9,420
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    Lahrs of HVAC-Talk...come on down!
    But he likes universal healthcare, therefore he must be a Liberal. Right?

  5. #30
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Deep Southeast
    Posts
    6,313
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    If I am a Liberal then I am a unique one from thinking for myself. Show me a unique Conservative who posts here? I don't think there is one.
    All of us are unique, GC. One attribute that sets Conservatism apart from Liberalism is reasoned thought. When it's been said that "Liberals can't (don't) think for themselves", it's meant that they allow the Liberal Ideology to do their thinking for them. They can't state why they believe what they believe. They know only that they believe it. I know that this doesn't apply 'across the board', but is evident in enough cases that it's mostly true. At least amongst the most vocal of Liberal groups.

    I think you are confusing the term 'thinking for one's self' with 'unique thought'. There are only two political parties in America, so many of us will agree with the ideology of one or the other with some variation. The difference is that some will draw their conclusions based on reasoned thought, whilst others will have their opinion handed to them.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Deep Southeast
    Posts
    6,313
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    But he likes universal healthcare, therefore he must be a Liberal. Right?
    Lahrs leans Left, but is unique in that he does exercise reasoned thinking. He knows what he thinks and why he thinks it. I don't agree with the entirety of his political beliefs, but I respect him because I know he's not just a victim of the Party Line. He thinks for himself.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    3,116
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    All of us are unique, GC. One attribute that sets Conservatism apart from Liberalism is reasoned thought.


  8. #33
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Florida Panhandle
    Posts
    6,506
    Post Likes
    One of the things we as Americans need to do is, those who receive needed welfare, should never be allowed to vote.

    Its like giving the Fox, a key to the Henhouse.

    Roy
    A man is no less a slave because he is allowed to choose a new master once in a term of years.
    Lysander Spooner

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    3,116
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by royc View Post
    One of the things we as Americans need to do is, those who receive needed welfare, should never be allowed to vote.

    Its like giving the Fox, a key to the Henhouse.

    Roy
    I agree. Corporate welfare is a huge problem in this country.

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    9,420
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    All of us are unique, GC. One attribute that sets Conservatism apart from Liberalism is reasoned thought. When it's been said that "Liberals can't (don't) think for themselves", it's meant that they allow the Liberal Ideology to do their thinking for them. They can't state why they believe what they believe. They know only that they believe it. I know that this doesn't apply 'across the board', but is evident in enough cases that it's mostly true. At least amongst the most vocal of Liberal groups.
    Since most of you Conservatives come across the same here, I'd say that you mainly "allow the Conservative ideology to do your thinking for you too." If not, how do you prove otherwise?

    I think you are confusing the term 'thinking for one's self' with 'unique thought'. There are only two political parties in America, so many of us will agree with the ideology of one or the other with some variation. The difference is that some will draw their conclusions based on reasoned thought, whilst others will have their opinion handed to them.
    I don't know about the typical Liberal thought process or how they justify their opinions but we have two member here that you may refer to as Liberals. They are netsalt and Gary. Each of them are hardly spoon fed by the Liberal Party or Media. They articulate well and seem to have formed their own opinions of things. Actually, I think they are better spoken them most Conservatives here.

    Oh ya, Mad and David too...very well spoken and think on their own two feet.

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    9,420
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    Lahrs leans Left, but is unique in that he does exercise reasoned thinking. He knows what he thinks and why he thinks it. I don't agree with the entirety of his political beliefs, but I respect him because I know he's not just a victim of the Party Line. He thinks for himself.
    Why do you think he leans Left? Because of his healthcare system that he supports? What else?

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    napping on the couch
    Posts
    12,291
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    Lahrs leans Left, but is unique in that he does exercise reasoned thinking. He knows what he thinks and why he thinks it. I don't agree with the entirety of his political beliefs, but I respect him because I know he's not just a victim of the Party Line. He thinks for himself.
    Also, he's a Canadian left of center guy. The"left" in Canada isn't insane like the are here. Well, maybe Trudeau.

    What guys like him have to worry about is he's like our classic liberals of the 50s, 60s and early 70s. And guys like him will be swallowed up by the evil left as the Democrat party has been in the USA.

    Trudeau isn't an anomaly. He's a shot across the bow. Soon enough guys like him will control all of Canada unless Candian "classic liberals" wake up to the threat that's coming. Guys like Davida, CSM, Gary, MM, couldn't see what's coming. Their unwarranted elitism wouldn't allow it. It's a nasty side effect of what they've convinced themselves is open minded, nonjudgmentalism. Discernment is closed minded to them. And the worst part is...... now that it's here.... now that evil leftist has taken over their party, they defend it.

  13. Likes lions_lair, vin lashon liked this post
  14. #38
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    1,000 miles from nowhere
    Posts
    15,068
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian8383 View Post
    Also, he's a Canadian left of center guy. The"left" in Canada isn't insane like the are here. Well, maybe Trudeau.

    What guys like him have to worry about is he's like our classic liberals of the 50s, 60s and early 70s. And guys like him will be swallowed up by the evil left as the Democrat party has been in the USA.

    Trudeau isn't an anomaly. He's a shot across the bow. Soon enough guys like him will control all of Canada unless Candian "classic liberals" wake up to the threat that's coming. Guys like Davida, CSM, Gary, MM, couldn't see what's coming. Their unwarranted elitism wouldn't allow it. It's a nasty side effect of what they've convinced themselves is open minded, nonjudgmentalism. Discernment is closed minded to them. And the worst part is...... now that it's here.... now that evil leftist has taken over their party, they defend it.
    OUTSTANDING POST!

    I can't comment on Trudeau or Canada, but you did a fine job of diagnosing the liberal disease.

    You went out of your way to mention names,... how grand it would be if these guys were on our side. I hope we can persuade them before they or their kind attack us.

    I say that not in jest. They really have no legal grounds to go at conservative America in a BIG WAY. They nibble at the edges and bite ankles. They are frustrated, and not really making any 'progress'. If Trump gets re-elected withstanding the voter fraud, liberals will go absolutely nuts. May turn violent.

    Liberals want to kill babies, these are people we should not want to anger. They are dangerous. Even Hitler didn't kill babies, he was just after retards and Jews. Liberals will line us all up in front of a ditch and fire. No brains, no discretion, and no remorse.

    It's quickly coming down to an "us or them" question.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

    “They can’t do anything about it unless they start shooting people, and presumably they won’t do that.” Protester & confirmed idiot.

    "I am not here to rescue you, I am bringing you along for emergency rations" Quark.

    "This is me, I'm not at home. If you'd like to reach me, leave me alone." Sherl Crow

    I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

  15. Likes Brian8383, vin lashon liked this post
  16. #39
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    3,671
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    You don't say only an economic system, but that seems to be the implication. Do you really believe that?
    Yes of course. Scandanavia anyone? I did work for a Danish company for a long time you know

    No system is purely democratic nor autocratic. Just as no system is purely socialist nor free market. The extremes don’t work, and each country tries to find the position on the spectrum that is best for them.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •