Page 5 of 263 FirstFirst 1234567891011121555105 ... LastLast
    Post Likes
    There have been changes that could be considered catastrophic long before man showed up on the scene. To imagine that those changes will never occur again would be asinine.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahrs View Post
    Yep. So dynamic that it doesn't take much to change it.
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

I use 56% silver on everything except steel.

Did you really need the " If you were a real tech " ??

Post Likes
    Lahrs : it is just hard to recognize for selfish people to be part of the problem. Even IF co2 wasn't the problem, we MUST avoid to finding that out the hard way. There is no other planet. Is that so hard to understand?

Only a fool can assume that our activity blowing co2 into the air has no negative impact. We have destroyed forests, polluted the rivers and oceans, contaminated the soil, etc, basically all of our activity had negative impact on the original environment. But hey, what we do to the atmosphere is for sure an exception and it will help the plants to grow

Post Likes
    BBeerme : no agenda, it is an open-end thread. However I realize CC deniers are present in high concentration in the HVAC industry - in fact counterintuitive to me, coz you guys are really exposed to the daily consequences. Professionally blind or how comes?

Post Likes
    Nobody is saying we shouldn't be good stewards of this planet.

Quote Originally Posted by gustavhorna View Post
    Lahrs : it is just hard to recognize for selfish people to be part of the problem. Even IF co2 wasn't the problem, we MUST avoid to finding that out the hard way. There is no other planet. Is that so hard to understand?

Only a fool can assume that our activity blowing co2 into the air has no negative impact. We have destroyed forests, polluted the rivers and oceans, contaminated the soil, etc, basically all of our activity had negative impact on the original environment. But hey, what we do to the atmosphere is for sure an exception and it will help the plants to grow
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    There have been changes that could be considered catastrophic long before man showed up on the scene. To imagine that those changes will never occur again would be asinine.
    To think that Earth has changed without us, so who cares if we change it also is short sighted. The current rate of change is alarming!!!

It would be like playing Russian Roulette with 6 bullets loaded, because we all day one day anyway right?

None of these BS statements by any of you change the reality that CO2 in our atmosphere affects the planets temperature. It is a known scientific FACT. And it's our CO2 that has caused the increase. Yes, FACT.

Since you guys are all about setting impossible tasks, prove me wrong! Prove that the composition of our atmosphere doesn't matter.

You can't. All you've got is BS arguments about the state of US politics.

Post Likes

Seriously Gus, we are wasting our time. I've gone down this rabbit hole with here a dozen times before. No amount of science posted matters. It's all about politics.

Post Likes
    Actually, you've got it backwards.

It is you who needs to prove your claims.

According to AOC, even if we change everything today, we are still doomed in 12 years. So shouldn't we just have one big party till then? Then after the human species is eliminated, the planet can go along on its merry way.

To think that Earth has changed without us, so who cares if we change it also is short sighted. The current rate of change is alarming!!!

It would be like playing Russian Roulette with 6 bullets loaded, because we all day one day anyway right?

None of these BS statements by any of you change the reality that CO2 in our atmosphere affects the planets temperature. It is a known scientific FACT. And it's our CO2 that has caused the increase. Yes, FACT.

Since you guys are all about setting impossible tasks, prove me wrong! Prove that the composition of our atmosphere doesn't matter.

You can't. All you've got is BS arguments about the state of US politics.

Post Likes
    And therein lies the problem.

If the CC's weren't so politically motivated, it would be so much easier to sell.

It's just that they have been making claim after claim after claim after claim after claim . . . And so far, nothing has come to fruition.

Seriously Gus, we are wasting our time. I've gone down this rabbit hole with here a dozen times before. No amount of science posted matters. It's all about politics.

9. Likes vin lashon liked this post
    Post Likes
    Nobody is saying we shouldn't be good stewards of this planet.
    do we?

Post Likes
    there are two types of deniers btw:

type #1: co2 increase in the atmosphere has nothing to do with us, it is some natural process

type #2: co2 is increasing and we caused it but hey it is just 0.04%, it is a trace gas and good for plants and has nothing to do with temperature increase

(not sure if there is type #0 too... "co2 is not increasing at all" ? )

#1 has been disproved by tons of scientific arguments, e.g. the isotope composition of the CO2 (it is changing and indicates fossil source), also O2 content falling (so it is combustion) etc

#2 is bit more difficult, but hey we should keep trying

Post Likes
    "swimming weather!".... said the frog in the frying pan.

Post Likes
    Actually, you've got it backwards.

It is you who needs to prove your claims.

According to AOC, even if we change everything today, we are still doomed in 12 years. So shouldn't we just have one big party till then? Then after the human species is eliminated, the planet can go along on its merry way.
    You are attaching political baggage to my scientific understanding. I'm not interested.

Post Likes
    What is your opinion?

I think yes, IF we can believe the data that is publicly available then it is getting warmer. Is human made CO2 the cause? Probably it is. It is just the rate of change that links it to our activity. The rise since we started burning hydrocarbons is the smoking gun in my opinion.

Now what is really scaring me is the acceleration in the trends. Seems the CO2 rise follows some exponential curve now, it was growing 1ppm per year in the 60s, then 2ppm per year, now we cross 3ppm per year and growing. This suggests it has turned into some self-accelerating process and this is really scary.

Do you believe the governments are able at all to address a problem of that scale? I doubt it. Their response is "tax it" LOL.
    I use to deny climate change...during me research to whine the liberal it was fake I began find it may legitimate.
    The more I dug the more I was convinced that we definitely are responsible for CO2 increases and it is only to climb fast.
    That leaves us with with proving CO2 is causing the rise..I can't prove it

Page 5 of 263 FirstFirst 1234567891011121555105 ... LastLast