Page 2 of 264 FirstFirst 1234567891252102 ... LastLast
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by gustavhorna View Post
    Alaska 90F... is this normal
    How about an ice cap that stretched from the north pole to Nebraska?
    "No matter how thirsty your imagination, mirages contain no water"

Post Likes
    There was a summer in the 19th century when it snowed in Atlanta in August...
    Is that Normal???

How about when the magnetic polls of the earth move... is that normal???
    And how about when the magnetic polls of the earth switch (yes, it has happened)...

Are all of these things normal???

One needs to get away from the idea that change is bad...
    Because if one does not get used to change, they are gonna be unhappy all their lives...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    WHAT... is normal???

There is a continent up north called Greenland, that used to be farmed... now it is all ice!
    So what is normal for that land???
    another non-fact! there was never any serious farming in Greenland. It was called greenland because the coast was greener around 1000ad, however, in opposite to stories told on some Internet pages, the Greenland ice sheet never melted, there was never any farming on greenland mainland, it has been all ice for more than 20.000 years. The ice on greenland when melted would raise the global ocean level by more than 7m and believe me the sea level was nearly the same around 1000-1200ad (look at old paintings of Amsterdam etc).

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh B View Post
    How about an ice cap that stretched from the north pole to Nebraska?
    that was for sure the case during the ice age temperature minimum. And nobody would question that it was about 5-6 degrees colder (on average), right? So, the question you should ask yourself is: if a -6C mean temperature difference created such an ice cover over America and Europe, what is going to create a +6C difference? You think it will be something funny? I don't think so!

Post Likes
    another non-fact! there was never any serious farming in Greenland. It was called greenland because the coast was greener around 1000ad, however, in opposite to stories told on some Internet pages, the Greenland ice sheet never melted, there was never any farming on greenland mainland, it has been all ice for more than 20.000 years. The ice on greenland when melted would raise the global ocean level by more than 7m and believe me the sea level was nearly the same around 1000-1200ad (look at old paintings of Amsterdam etc).
    Obviously, my friend,

You do not know your history well!

AND... as a result, your assumptions are not based on facts.

Typical lefty... parroting, without doing their own research!

If GA had a penny for every time a lefty spouted a soundbyte without knowing what they were saying...
    GA could retire wealthy!
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Post Likes
    Because if one does not get used to change, they are gonna be unhappy all their lives...
    ignorance? Maybe some rich people can adapt to that, using lots of money etc, however what about the poor? Would you stand up to tell a poor guy from Bangladesh that is going to loose his acre of land that feeds his whole family that he could please adapt to the climate change?

Post Likes
    Typical lefty... parroting, without doing their own research!

If GA had a penny for every time a lefty spouted a soundbyte without knowing what they were saying...
    GA could retire wealthy!
    You again lack any arguments! I said look at old paintings - is there any visible sea level change? Yes? no?

Post Likes
    that was for sure the case during the ice age temperature minimum. And nobody would question that it was about 5-6 degrees colder (on average), right? So, the question you should ask yourself is: if a -6C mean temperature difference created such an ice cover over America and Europe, what is going to create a +6C difference? You think it will be something funny? I don't think so!
    So what happens if the USA shuts down ALL our energy production, goes back to a single family agrarian society... and that +6*F still happens...
    Are you gonna admit you were WRONG...
    Or go off spouting it was the fault of the cows for farting???

Newsflash... cows (and other animals) have been farting as long as humans have been around...
    And we are still alive and kicking!
    Might want to think about that...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Post Likes
    You again lack any arguments! I said look at old paintings - is there any visible sea level change? Yes? no?
    My friend...

It has NOTHING to do with an imaginary set of rules for discussion (arguing)...

Reality is reality...

And I doubt seriously there are many non-conservatives at this forum old enough to have the understanding and wisdom us old farts do...

Sorry... intellectualism does not count towards wisdom and common sense.

When folks learn the difference...
    Come back to the table!
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Post Likes
    ga-hvac-tech: again no arguments except "it has always been like that"... but do you realize that we had far less people lets say 50 years ago?

Nobody is saying US should shut down energy production, but what is wrong about becoming more efficient? I was really shocked how inefficient is an average US household in terms of energy. My first fridge in the US was about 3x more energy intensive than same size fridge I had in Europe. I really ask myself what's wrong with US, they dont give a shit about anything, even if it doesn't cost them anything to improve. This is just mad! The technology is out there to at least cut down the emissions. And nobody will be hurt. What's wrong with that?

Post Likes
    Gus, you have fallen for a series of lies regarding global warming, its cause, who is responsible, how to solve it and how to finance the so called solution or solutions.
    "No matter how thirsty your imagination, mirages contain no water"

Post Likes
    Hugh B: Please enlighten me.

13. Likes Lahrs liked this post
    Post Likes
    You are wasting your time Gus.

Page 2 of 264 FirstFirst 1234567891252102 ... LastLast