Page 105 of 301 FirstFirst ... 555959899100101102103104105106107108109110111112115155205 ... LastLast
Results 1,353 to 1,365 of 3907
    Post Likes
    This is the link I think he meant to post. His post doesn't exactly correlate. But even 2026...quite the drama, but that appears to be the goal for many.

You'll have to copy/paste the link and replace the "dot" with ".", since the site must restrict embedded links.

https://arctic-news dot ******** dot com/p/extinction.html

------------------------------------------

Forget it. No way to link to that site.

Here's a picture if you really want to read the article:

Name:  Articnews.PNG
Views: 58
Size:  6.3 KB

Post Likes

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by gustavhorna View Post
    Well done. Still don't buy the imminent extinction premise. Strikes me as Liberal drama.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    Well done. Still don't buy the imminent extinction premise. Strikes me as Liberal drama.
    it is very possible that the climate system follows an exponential curve. exponential growth is already present in the co2 concentration curve. So I won't be surprised if the planet goes boom very soon. It is out of control already.

Did you think about it how thin the atmosphere really is? It is thinner than the shell of an egg on an egg. We blow all kind of pollutants into the air, it will go wrong.

Post Likes
    I've calculated on my breakfast towel today that my solar panels delay the doom's day by about 3 seconds and 90 microseconds. However, if everybody does the same effort we will postpone it!

Post Likes
    Gus, you sound like chicken little. Don't believe all this climate bullsheit...its a scam. Those preaching it certainly aren't concerned about it as they have giant carbon footprints with their jets, yachts, and mansions. The democrat party releases more methane out of their mouths on a daily basis than all the cow farts combined.

Don't be a fool...unless you want to be.

Post Likes
    I've calculated on my breakfast towel today that my solar panels delay the doom's day by about 3 seconds and 90 microseconds. However, if everybody does the same effort we will postpone it!
    What was your motivation for solar? Economics, early adopter/techhead, environment...?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahrs View Post
    What was your motivation for solar? Economics, early adopter/techhead, environment...?
    all of them.... but early adopter, with solar? hmm... in 2019?

Post Likes
    all of them.... but early adopter, with solar? hmm... in 2019?
    Sorry...

You said you were adding to an existing system, didn't know your overall timeline. Plus, unfortunately, in the view of many renewables is new.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    Gus, you sound like chicken little. Don't believe all this climate bullsheit...its a scam. Those preaching it certainly aren't concerned about it as they have giant carbon footprints with their jets, yachts, and mansions. The democrat party releases more methane out of their mouths on a daily basis than all the cow farts combined.

Don't be a fool...unless you want to be.
    There is no scientific evidence that agrees with your conclusion. Please provide a peer reviewed scientific study that proves CO2 in the atmosphere doesn't affect Earth's temperature.

The scam was big oil promoting fraudulent ideas and donating money to politicians to maximize profits. Do I need to post Exxons research for the tenth time in this thread which states MMCC is real and they are lying about it?

Post Likes
    yeah you can heat hot water also with a solar water heater. However, there are several drawbacks:

pure solar water heater will not make you hot water when there are clouds, however solar panels still make electricity. Having enough solar panels let you make hot water even under cloudy conditions.

you add complexity to your home - another system (one for elec, another for water). Plumbing water pipes is annoying - it is far easier to pass some cables than to have to plumb pipes!

and last: if at some point you add batteries you can run your hot water system even during night time etc on stored solar energy.

So, keeping all electric is an advantage on long term. Solar panels are getting so freaking cheap that you should really not mind anymore.
    I need to remember not everyone has 300 sunny days/year like where I am.
    On costs, aren't the panels the less expansive part of a hot water collection system. Batteries and switch gear the pricier part. I'm only considering hot water. and long term maintenance. I have seen estimates on cost/year and hot water is well below what energy is to heat/cool a home.
    I have to add I buy natural gas for less than most of the country because it's pumped here.

But the true cost of solar can only be known when all systems involved are produced by solar power. Right now costs are co-mingled with FF. What would a solar panel cost if they were produced totally with solar power. What is the true cost of solar power?

In my perfect world the entire model of residential construction would be different. Earth ships with self generation of power and much less energy consumption. I see no rational for the mass generating potential only to supply a 32% efficient grid.
    Every energy system has it's Achilles heal. It seems with solar it's the batteries.
    Give me a relay with big enough contacts, and I'll run the world!

You can be anything you want......As long as you don't suck at it.

If a person wants to create a machine that will be more likely to fail...Make it complicated.

USAF 98 Bomb Wing 1960-66 SMW Lu49

Post Likes
    Sixty Minutes did a piece on this a couple weeks ago in Siberia. It was said there is more carbon it the arctic tundra than in all the other FF on earth. A scientist working there said the animals that used to be there way back, trampled the tundra and compacted it so the perma frost remained frozen. They will be bringing a animals back as best they can in hopes of keeping the tundra frozen.. American bison is one type and while they aren't woolly mammoths it's a start.
    The people involved believe if the tundra is allowed to thaw the result would be overwhelming because of the plants and animals now frozen in the frost.
    Worth watching.
    Give me a relay with big enough contacts, and I'll run the world!

You can be anything you want......As long as you don't suck at it.

If a person wants to create a machine that will be more likely to fail...Make it complicated.

USAF 98 Bomb Wing 1960-66 SMW Lu49

Post Likes
    we will all die

Page 105 of 301 FirstFirst ... 555959899100101102103104105106107108109110111112115155205 ... LastLast