Page 10 of 301 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516172060110 ... LastLast
    Post Likes

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahrs View Post
    Why not answer the question?

So that proves it's not us this time? Sounds logical.
    You don't seem to be able to follow along here. I never made the claim that humans are responsible for climate change so I have nothing to defend. He who makes the claim has the burden to back the claim.

Like seasons change, climate changes. Natural, normal cycles. I don't have to prove the Earth has or goes thru natural cycles. You climate change people who claim humans are primarily responsible for what is or may be taking place have the burden to prove your claims.

I am the skeptic who says "prove your claim" and then I can question it, think about it and accept or reject it. Meanwhile, governments want to tax me and regulate details of my life and given how that works out I (again the skeptic in me) suspect there is a political agenda going on.

How many times do you guys think you are going to get away with shifting the burden of proof on others who did not make the claim? You prove your claim and I will be asking questions regarding your so called evidence.
    "No matter how thirsty your imagination, mirages contain no water"

Post Likes
    I don't adhere to the position of the republican party, the democrat party or the green party. Can't hang the GOP label on me.

Post Likes
    Hey Lahrs, can you please point me to posts on this forum where members have said we should pollute more and/or not make attempts to continue in the efforts of creating less emissions?

I just don't remember seeing any.

You see, it's a non issue on this forum.

Sort of like a fake argument.
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

Post Likes
    Hugh B: you make no claim at all. You just live, whatever comes. Wouldn't you call this ignorant?

Post Likes
    BBeerme: so can we agree on that emissions should be driven down, whatever is the cause of CC? Improve technology to have more mpg in new cars, higher seer in the AC and so on?
    Should we use solar technology or continue to just burn oil?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh B View Post
    You don't seem to be able to follow along here. I never made the claim that humans are responsible for climate change so I have nothing to defend. He who makes the claim has the burden to back the claim.

Like seasons change, climate changes. Natural, normal cycles. I don't have to prove the Earth has or goes thru natural cycles. You climate change people who claim humans are primarily responsible for what is or may be taking place have the burden to prove your claims.

I am the skeptic who says "prove your claim" and then I can question it, think about it and accept or reject it. Meanwhile, governments want to tax me and regulate details of my life and given how that works out I (again the skeptic in me) suspect there is a political agenda going on.

How many times do you guys think you are going to get away with shifting the burden of proof on others who did not make the claim? You prove your claim and I will be asking questions regarding your so called evidence.
    You claimed the climate has always changed. The burden of proof IS on you. Why, when, how, where has it always changed?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    Hey Lahrs, can you please point me to posts on this forum where members have said we should pollute more and/or not make attempts to continue in the efforts of creating less emissions?

I just don't remember seeing any.

You see, it's a non issue on this forum.

Sort of like a fake argument.
    Corny comes to mind.

Divert attention all you want.

Our CO2 is changing the climate. You guys endlessly make claims with no proof. Don't see why I should be held to a higher standard.

Post Likes
    You claimed the climate has always changed. The burden of proof IS on you. Why, when, how, where has it always changed?
    Ever heard of the ice age? That is one big climate change. Or, do you deny there was at least one ice age?

Your debating skills are absurd.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by gustavhorna View Post
    Hugh B: you make no claim at all. You just live, whatever comes. Wouldn't you call this ignorant?
    Gus, you just made more claims. Now regarding my lifestyle. I do not "just live". My family and I are very conservative. We do not favor pollution. We purchase and drive high mpg cars, reuse containers, bring our own bags to grocery stores, etc...

I am very much in favor of solar technology and have a minor in solar technology to go along with my hvac degree. Your statement "You just live, whatever comes", is the ignorant statement. You assume a great deal and are incorrect.

Post Likes
    At what cost?

Trump backed the USA out of the Paris Accord, and we have shown greater gains to less emissions than the rest, especially Europe. Europe sucks big weenies in this regard.

We're doing it. Others aren't.

Maybe you should go back to Europe. If you're there right now, maybe you should stay there. And enjoy their lack of progress to the ends you speak of.

Quote Originally Posted by gustavhorna View Post
    BBeerme: so can we agree on that emissions should be driven down, whatever is the cause of CC? Improve technology to have more mpg in new cars, higher seer in the AC and so on?
    Should we use solar technology or continue to just burn oil?
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh B View Post
    Ever heard of the ice age? That is one big climate change. Or, do you deny there was at least one ice age?

Your debating skills are absurd.
    What caused the ice age? Prove it happened. You made the claim. You prove it.

(I have an end game. My debating is fine. )

Post Likes
    What caused the ice age? Prove it happened. You made the claim. You prove it.
    The thread title is; Does Climate Change Really Happen?

Looks like you just switched sides and are now the climate change skeptic.

I don't have a dog in this fight. Climate change is not an issue with me so I have nothing to prove. Gus created this thread and then proceeded to make claims man is responsible for climate change.

I was unaware that anyone denies there was an ice age (climate change) until you decided to challenge it. So, now you seem to have switched over to be skeptical of any climate change in the past.

You are either disingenuous, pretty ignorant or a dishonest debater. Once again, we have someone trying to reverse the burden of proof when they can't defend their own claim.

This is not my debate. I am only asking questions regarding the claim of the original poster. Convince me!

Page 10 of 301 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516172060110 ... LastLast