Page 165 of 289 FirstFirst ... 65115155158159160161162163164165166167168169170171172175215265 ... LastLast
Results 2,133 to 2,145 of 3756
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Answer-Man View Post
    With respect to Dem gaining power again and writing new laws. You know if Trump does get re-elected we will only be 1-2 years away from boiling and extinction (8 of the 10 years used up) the dems won't have time to enact new laws
    I don't know about that. It seems to me that salt water boils as a higher temp than fresh water. I have not seen where that was figured into the calculations. So it may be 6 years when Pence is CIC.

BUTTTTtt, what if these predictions don't come true. The left will be standing there with egg on their face and not boiled egg either. They won't be able to buy a vote from a deaf, dumb & blind kid. {this is your reference to the rock opera Tommy}

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Answer-Man View Post
    Gus did you know? NASA says they have 3846 thermometers they use for watching global temperature chage. 2643 (about 70%) are place between the 30th and 60th parrallells (Northern Hemisphere) Makes me wonder why people don't understand that when you collect a disproportionate amout of data for one area compared to anothe area then average them how the data is scqewed (usually) wrong.
    That is not at all how it is done.

https://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/wo...ge/DecadalTemp

I'll include a pic for people that don't like to read.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahrs View Post

https://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/wo...ge/DecadalTemp

I'll include a pic for people that don't like to read.
    Gee, that's a lot like the degree day chart I posted that showed no warming for this part of the country.

Post Likes
    Oh please! That Earth is wrong.

It is Not not covered with squares. Those are trapezoidal quadrilaterals.

Now how are we to believe anything else that post says?

PHM
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by BNME8EZ View Post
    Gee, that's a lot like the degree day chart I posted that showed no warming for this part of the country.
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post

PHM
    --------
    Lol...

Roy
    A man is no less a slave because he is allowed to choose a new master once in a term of years.
    Lysander Spooner

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post

PHM
    --------
    Yeah, easy for you to say!

Post Likes
    Don't worry Gus, Bernie's got this:

https://grist.org/article/bernie-san...k-16-trillion/

My favourite part was about 'President Bern' declaring a National Emergency on CC. That's gonna be a sh!t show.

Post Likes
    "Sanders’ version calls for creating 20 million union jobs he says are necessary for averting climate disaster,"

Eek.

Yep. You guys have a real problem. 2020, 2024... at some point a Democrat is getting the Captains hat. A National Emergency will be declared over CC as payback for Trumps wall! Good luck.
    What you are now seeing is what conservatives were warning about for decades. From taking over schools and media, to indocrinating kids from Kindergarten and into adulthood. It's come home to roost. Too many netsalt's, GC's and Gary's running around now.

Even the "common sense classic liberals" are a key link in the chain. Without them turning a blind eye, making excuses and demonizing the people who saw the coming, this wouldn't have happened. They are as important to this evil philosophy taking hold as the media and people like Bernie and AOC.

Any houses for sale in your neighborhood?

Post Likes
    Yes I fully understand that meassuring the earths temperature is far more complicated than the few sentences I wrote. Otherwise why would we be spending millions of dollars every years paying thousands of scientist, to prove and prove again the earths warming. But I did use NASA's own data, for my comment. But either way it does not make a lot of difference, from your NASA link it still says the average change in gloabal temperature is 0.8, less than 1 degree C and all of the other models that are overlayed on top of each use the same inaccuracies, logrithmic calculations so they all show the same. What there are soemthing like 32 families of curves that have been made all show the same, all use the same data. Actually all but one which is an outlaier

As stated before, yes it appears the world is warming, but whether it's a natural cycle or man is conjecture. To be consistent with what I have said before it's not likely all nature or all man but it's probably a mix of both especially since we have add more than 6 million bodies in the past 100 years. So when I see the change over the past 100 yeas is less than 1 degree C to me that is extremely stable not a drastic change higher

Lahrs I admire you sticking to your beliefs with this bunch here

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacker View Post
    Mixing science and faith has problems if the faith ignores science. I would say to many of those that teach intelligent design that their God is too small.
    For myself, science has only added to my faith. My faith is itself a continuing evolution. A lot like science in that it changes as it reveals.
    For many religions, it's kind of an "all in" philosophy. Once they committed to a belief, they try to make this reality fit their system. The definition of bad science.

God is reveled like the skin of an onion as the Bible teaches. A bit at a time. Clinging to a belief system created to keep the people in place just hobbles revelation. This teaching asks people to reject science in favor of a teaching that bends science to attempt to prove their premise.
    A bit like using science to disprove science. A dog chasing it's tail.
    A lot of science also has faith in God. Just another approach.
    Evolution vs Creation would make a good thread, but if you follow this thread back, you'll see that the point was that Origin Evolution, though flawed on many levels has somehow become accepted "science". Thus the point as pertains to this thread: Science is not infallible.

Post Likes
    From the article:

"A one-degree global change is significant because it takes a vast amount of heat to warm all the oceans, atmosphere, and land by that much. In the past, a one- to two-degree drop was all it took to plunge the Earth into the Little Ice Age. A five-degree drop was enough to bury a large part of North America under a towering mass of ice 20,000 years ago."

"Global temperature records start around 1880 because observations did not sufficiently cover enough of the planet prior to that time. The period of 1951-1980 was chosen largely because the U.S. National Weather Service uses a three-decade period to define “normal” or average temperature."

Global temp measurements start around 1880, but I doubt accuracy and consistency was up to standard. They take a 30 yr period (1951-1980) to define 'normal' and go from there. But how do they accurately determine what temps existed 20,000 yrs ago? And how do they determine that a "two degree drop" caused the ice age? Is it undeniable scientifically proven, or are the "facts" being shaped to make the point?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    Global temp measurements start around 1880, but I doubt accuracy and consistency was up to standard. They take a 30 yr period (1951-1980) to define 'normal' and go from there. But how do they accurately determine what temps existed 20,000 yrs ago? And how do they determine that a "two degree drop" caused the ice age? Is it undeniable scientifically proven, or are the "facts" being shaped to make the point?
    I have 2 issues I have had a hard time with:

1 what is the starting point. What is the temperture we drive a stake into and say, "we sart here!" Who has said or proven that 30 years is the correct way to establish that normal point. If we use the scientists explanation the earth has been here 4 to 5 million years. 30 years is less than a blink of the eye. 30 years compared to 4 million is not much different than starting to take temp readings at 6 AM and stopping at Noon then proclaiming that should be enough to make a real average temperature

2 If as stated we are conitunously monitoring/ collecting and reporting temperature changes withing one degree and reporting on an annual basis, then our accuracy and calibration of these million temperature deviation points must be in the tenths (0.01) degree C. That is physically not possible to cordinate and achieve world wide

Post Likes
    Your eyes are wide shut.

Specifically, what am I trying to do? Increase scientific understanding... how dare I.
    You are merely demonstrating you have little understanding of even common sense, much less science.

FF are here to stay. Your masters will make some noise long enough to try to get elected and take off in separate jets. Always have, always will. The rules are not for them anyway - they're for you. And you can shove 'em.
    Is the Religious Right to blame for Christianity's decline?

They argued that, as the Religious Right became increasingly visible and militant, it became associated with Christianity itself. And if being a Christian meant being associated with the likes of Jerry Falwell, many people—especially political moderates and liberals—decided to simply stop identifying as Christians altogether.

http://www.theamericanconservative.c...nitys-decline/

Page 165 of 289 FirstFirst ... 65115155158159160161162163164165166167168169170171172175215265 ... LastLast