Page 132 of 289 FirstFirst ... 3282122125126127128129130131132133134135136137138139142182232 ... LastLast
Results 1,704 to 1,716 of 3756
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacker View Post
    The science should scare the he!! out of people enough they would loose their politicking.
    Science might not always be completely right but politicians can always be completely wrong. Que'No?!
    Which is why CC's biggest mistake was to allow the Democrats to hijack the issue.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by newoldtech View Post
    Nonsense, Capitalism is always creating the next "thing". I remember people thought that once everybody had a smart phone nobody would need to buy a new one. Big Screen TV's used to be well over $5000, now they are just a few hundred dollars. The examples are endless. Turns out innovative companies make innovative products that people want to buy. Technical advances often lead to products becoming more affordable. All the innovation creates jobs and money for the people to be able to buy the products. It's a self sustaining cycle. Is it perfect? Of course not. America's Capitalism is based on people getting off their ass and contributing to the process. It's what made America great. Love it or leave it, but don't F with it IMO.

There is another possibility. An old film reminded me of it. The film The Man Who Fell To Earth. It looked at a world that had become unaffected by innovation. The world just quit buying.
    Like said. an old movie so maybe the point I remember wasn't the point. It's still worth looking at. If its true we will burn out to buying I might be one of the first victims. Not total buyer fatigue but I can see that happening.

I agree. At some point folks just call it 'good enough' and stop chasing the rainbow.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

“They can’t do anything about it unless they start shooting people, and presumably they won’t do that.” Protester & confirmed idiot.

"I am not here to rescue you, I am bringing you along for emergency rations" Quark.

"This is me, I'm not at home. If you'd like to reach me, leave me alone." Sherl Crow

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

Post Likes
    I predict there will be no solution to MMCC, we will be left with all fossil fuels gone and the atmosphere full of greenhouse gases - and no energy left for any counter measures. We are hosed.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    Which is why CC's biggest mistake was to allow the Democrats to hijack the issue.
    It didn't have a choice. Dems are free to say what they want, as are Reps. And money talks.

MMCC is just another divide and conquer issue in the middle, which happens to be where the truth lies.

https://youtu.be/oKsxPW6i3pM

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by gustavhorna View Post
    I predict there will be no solution to MMCC, we will be left with all fossil fuels gone and the atmosphere full of greenhouse gases - and no energy left for any counter measures. We are hosed.
    I predict Gus will be more successful once he gets out of the 'prediction business'. LOL!

“They can’t do anything about it unless they start shooting people, and presumably they won’t do that.” Protester & confirmed idiot.

"I am not here to rescue you, I am bringing you along for emergency rations" Quark.

"This is me, I'm not at home. If you'd like to reach me, leave me alone." Sherl Crow

Post Likes

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahrs View Post
    That article doesn't say anything about MMCC not been real. All it did was talk about some places in the US. In fact, it was more of an infomercial than a news article. And as explained to deaf ears over and over again, the US is but a small part of the Globe.

The entire US could be 10C colder and the rest of Earth 0.2C warmer, global warming would still be true.
    The article illustrates yet another example of the deceit that the CC folks and the left rely on on to make their case. Just like immigration control = racism, enforcing the laws = racism etc.

Lies, in short. The entire leftward movement is based on lies that are being laid bare in short order. You simply went too far, dreamed too big. You were having your way pretty effectively for quite some time there...but got way too greedy. Too impatient. Now it's all collapsing.
    Is the Religious Right to blame for Christianity's decline?

They argued that, as the Religious Right became increasingly visible and militant, it became associated with Christianity itself. And if being a Christian meant being associated with the likes of Jerry Falwell, many people—especially political moderates and liberals—decided to simply stop identifying as Christians altogether.

http://www.theamericanconservative.c...nitys-decline/

Post Likes
    The GooRuu is just stoking the fire. Having a good time with this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    I predict Gus will be more successful once he gets out of the 'prediction business'. LOL!
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

I use 56% silver on everything except steel.

Did you really need the " If you were a real tech " ??

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hurtinhvac View Post
    The article illustrates yet another example of the deceit that the CC folks and the left rely on on to make their case. Just like immigration control = racism, enforcing the laws = racism etc.

Lies, in short. The entire leftward movement is based on lies that are being laid bare in short order. You simply went too far, dreamed too big. You were having your way pretty effectively for quite some time there...but got way too greedy. Too impatient. Now it's all collapsing.
    What?? You are reading what you want to read based on your bias. That article was a puff piece with zero science.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    I don't think it's the Guru (unless I'm thinking of a different self proclaimed guru). Did he ever venture to ARP?

Not convinced he's not a reincarnation of another poster either. For now, I'll just take him at his word or lack thereof.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    I am having fun with it too! I wish he would get back to the ALIENS FROM OUTER SPACE angle!

12. Likes Lahrs liked this post
    Post Likes
    Certainly wasn't the same flavor as The GooRoo when the thread started, then there were cracks, and as the thread de-evolved, The Guroo came to light.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahrs View Post
    I don't think it's the Guru (unless I'm thinking of a different self proclaimed guru). Did he ever venture to ARP?

Not convinced he's not a reincarnation of another poster either. For now, I'll just take him at his word or lack thereof.
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

I use 56% silver on everything except steel.

Did you really need the " If you were a real tech " ??

14. Likes Lahrs liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    I am having fun with it too! I wish he would get back to the ALIENS FROM OUTER SPACE angle!
    Yeah, that got weird. But fun.

Page 132 of 289 FirstFirst ... 3282122125126127128129130131132133134135136137138139142182232 ... LastLast