Page 145 of 199 FirstFirst ... 4595135138139140141142143144145146147148149150151152155195 ... LastLast
Results 1,873 to 1,885 of 2578
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by gustavhorna View Post
    Lahrs: I still do not get one thing.... people here charge ACs every day with greenhouse gases but then deny the existence of greenhouse effect. Isn't that weird?
    How does one charge AC's with greenhouse gasses when the greenhouse effect doesn't exist in their minds.
    Innocent until proven guilty.
    Science has to prove beyond a reasonable doubt. But that's American law. The heathens in other nations just have Emperors.
    I think food grows better in a greenhouse. Maybe MMCC is a "Feed the World" scheme.
    Give me a relay with big enough contacts, and I'll run the world!

You can be anything you want......As long as you don't suck at it.

If a person wants to create a machine that will be more likely to fail...Make it complicated.

USAF 98 Bomb Wing 1960-66 SMW Lu49

Post Likes
    Most involved don't doubt man can induce a climate change. I remember the mid 60's where Los Angeles CA had a huge smog problem and struggled for an answer. That was a small area. A natural thought process would be to just do a bit of extrapolation.
    I mentioned before that some scientists expected a rise in CO2 after WW2 because of increased manufacturing and it did happen. But CO2 also returned to pre-war measurements through an unidentified process.
    The concerns for some scientists, was it possible to take human pollution to a point (Unknown) where the atmosphere would behave like an out of control PID adjustment and a correction is more of a rebound resulting in an over correction and on and on until a stabilization eventually occurs but where the Earth has been changed for the worse.
    We've seen out of control pollution here. China is up to their ears from the reporting. They also seem to recognize the problem.
    We are seeing something on the Earth we've not seen before. Like LA, the action got them a better city. People will get a better planet and only hurt a handful of greedy corporates and sucky billionaires.
    Right now oil companies are fracking the he!! out of W.Texas and NM. They shout the cororate line "Fracking is harmless!!" I wonder what might happen if I offered them a nice cool drink of water?

If a person wants to create a machine that will be more likely to fail...Make it complicated.

Post Likes
    Earth is hollow

Post Likes
    Earth is hollow
    If it was we would have less gravity and loose our atmosphere. Then the oceans would boil and you would rise to the level of a prophet.
    BTW. Do you subscribe to the theory that gravity doesn't pull us to Earth but space pushes us?
    Probably an anti-gravity machine might have a better chance of existing if the space pushing idea was considered.
    Like a bubble. Space turned inside out.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacker View Post
    If it was we would have less gravity and loose our atmosphere. Then the oceans would boil and you would rise to the level of a prophet.
    not if the shell is super-massive

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacker View Post
    Science has to prove beyond a reasonable doubt. But that's American law.
    ... Judged by a group of your peers. That would be climate scientists in this case. The jury has voted, CO2 has been found guilty of crimes against climate.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacskills View Post
    Kudos for the success

however, perspective is irrelevant, you were bragging about inheriting methane emitting cattle and the support network associated with it.

got to ask, any relation here ?
    Is that the guy who did that documentary on fighting grizzly bears? He's bad a$$.

Not my success. Not my kudos to receive.

Any particular reason you see the worst in people?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by knthms View Post
    #1 the idea that global warming is evidenced by any warming trends you may notice is bunk because in the original hypothesis the warming would take place almost exclusively at the poles. Wasn't scary enough so they changed it.
    #2 The rate of change in NO way mirrors the increase of co2, the levels of co2 continue unabated especially in Europe and any developing countries. However there are huge similarities in sunspot activities they absolutely trend mirror-like to warming on the planet.
    #3 There is no way to know if we are actually getting warmer based on a very simple reason, we haven't been measuring temps. long enough. You cannot make geologic conclusions based on such short term measurements. Measuring in a city like chicago today would be very different than 100 years ago based on the amount of heat created by our technology not even including the billions of btu's put in buildings for heating purposes! Imagine if you added up all the cooling btu's in the summer and heating btu's and compared that to 100 years ago; of course it is hotter today!
    #4 The idea that 100% of scientists believe to be true is a blatant lie. Who has the list of who the100% of all scientists in the first place? Secondly, going public about the truth of global warming will see you cut off from grant monies, shunned from the scientific community, and not further your career. In fact many of the top scientologists who actually work in this field have spoken out. Nothing in science is ever decided, gravity is still a theory for that reason!
    Yes. Solar activity continues to affect Earth's temperature. That hasn't changed at all. The change comes from solar radiations interact with the changed atmosphere. Even at our increased CO2 levels, we will still experience changes due to solar activity (up/down temp, but at a higher base level), let me say it again, that hasn't changed.

Please research molecular vibration to understand why CO2 levels affect Earth's temperature. More CO2, more molecules vibrating due to solar radiation/Earth's radiation, causing an increase in temp (simplistic representation). There Has Been No Fundamental Change to How Earth Operates.

All the answers you seek and more can be found here: https://nca2018.globalchange.gov/chapter/appendix-5/

It's the US Government's Fourth National Climate Assessment. Your tax dollars paid for it, might as well read it and get your monies worth. I've linked to the FAQs page, it's the easiest part to digest and answers your key points. Trump signed it, so you can trust it's been vetted for accuracy.

Post Likes
    What is your opinion?

I think yes, IF we can believe the data that is publicly available then it is getting warmer. Is human made CO2 the cause? Probably it is. It is just the rate of change that links it to our activity. The rise since we started burning hydrocarbons is the smoking gun in my opinion.

Now what is really scaring me is the acceleration in the trends. Seems the CO2 rise follows some exponential curve now, it was growing 1ppm per year in the 60s, then 2ppm per year, now we cross 3ppm per year and growing. This suggests it has turned into some self-accelerating process and this is really scary.

Do you believe the governments are able at all to address a problem of that scale? I doubt it. Their response is "tax it" LOL.
    Quote Originally Posted by teddy bear View Post
    Of course the climate changes. Often and the climate change does not last long.
    Regards Teddy Bear

Why has this thread been continuing to beat a dead horse?

The answer to the OP was given in the second post.
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

I use 56% silver on everything except steel.

Did you really need the " If you were a real tech " ??

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    Why has this thread been continuing to beat a dead horse?

The answer to the OP was given in the second post.
    The horse isn't dead yet. That's 12 years away.

Why do we continually debate anything in ARP? It's all basically the same with a slightly different background. MMCC, abortion, LGBT(?), guns, muslims, immigration, TDS, healthcare.... Round and round it goes.

Post Likes
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRgoisHRmUE

they are here and they are boiling the oceans...

Post Likes
    The left doesn't care about climate anymore than they care about inner city minorities. It's a power grab, a manner in which to completely wreck a system that is built upon individual freedom, and consolidate the dwindling remains over to a government that will not resemble the more perfect union we started.

Enough bantering already.
    Is the Religious Right to blame for Christianity's decline?

They argued that, as the Religious Right became increasingly visible and militant, it became associated with Christianity itself. And if being a Christian meant being associated with the likes of Jerry Falwell, many people—especially political moderates and liberals—decided to simply stop identifying as Christians altogether.

http://www.theamericanconservative.c...nitys-decline/

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahrs View Post
    Is that the guy who did that documentary on fighting grizzly bears? He's bad a$$.

Not my success. Not my kudos to receive.

Any particular reason you see the worst in people?
    If you are referring to yourself, I see you as an asset to this field, an asset to this website, and overall an asset to the human race.

IPCC states that the reason for temperature rise in the first half of the 20 th century was probably due to solar activity, however, IPCC states the reason for the temperature rise in the second half of the 20 th century was probably due to CO2 emissions, yet, according to IPCC the temperature flat lined from 1998 - 2012, and, the reason given for this is due to " build up in sub-surface ocean heat during the period ", however, this same " build up in sub-surface ocean heat during the period " is dismissed as a possible reason for the continued rise in the Earths temperature as solar activity decreased the last part of the 20 th century. Sorry, considering the source just don't buy into that especially considering, IMO, the leftist agenda to take down The United States.

Is the Earth warming, possibly, 100 years, 50 years, as another poster stated is not a long enough trend to determine much of anything, additionally, the leftist MSM in this country are habitual liars, ' Russian Collusion ', ' Coventry Boys ', ect, ect, ect .... so, do I believe that the IPCC or OTHERS would lie about so-called global warming to achieve an agenda ? absolutely, I am sure they are masters at propaganda, ask Royc for his opinion on that.

Ever heat a piece of steel ? notice how much heat it takes to bring a piece of cold steel to temperature VS maintaining temperature ? not much heat is needed to maintain and even possibly raise the temperature, look at the chart, notice the PEAKS ( torch added to warm steel ) in solar activity in the last half the century, not the low points ( torch removed from warm steel ), also, lack of solar activity coincides with a documented serious drop of temperature in England around 1650 ( crop failure, famine ), ' The Little Ice Age ', pictured River Thames 1677 ( as stated by other posters, a drop in global temperature would be catastrophic opposed to a gradual rise which humankind has lived through before, and survived. )

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Ice_Age

The Little Ice Age (LIA) was a period of cooling that occurred after the Medieval Warm Period. Although it was not a true ice age, the term was introduced into scientific literature by François E. Matthes in 1939.It has been conventionally defined as a period extending from the 16th to the 19th centuries, but some experts prefer an alternative timespan from about 1300 to about 1850.

The NASA Earth Observatory notes three particularly cold intervals: one beginning about 1650, another about 1770, and the last in 1850, all separated by intervals of slight warming. The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change Third Assessment Report considered the timing and areas affected by the Little Ice Age suggested largely independent regional climate changes rather than a globally synchronous increased glaciation. At most, there was modest cooling of the Northern Hemisphere during the period.

Several causes have been proposed: cyclical lows in solar radiation, heightened volcanic activity, changes in the ocean circulation, variations in Earth's orbit and axial tilt (orbital forcing), inherent variability in global climate, and decreases in the human population (for example from the Black Death and the colonization of the Americas).

not a scientist do not claim to be a scientist, above my pay grade, however, IMO, things do not just add up with leftist MSM hype, and, like it or not this is unsettled science.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Page 145 of 199 FirstFirst ... 4595135138139140141142143144145146147148149150151152155195 ... LastLast