Page 14 of 310 FirstFirst ... 47891011121314151617181920212464114 ... LastLast
    Post Likes
    I only read through article #8. But I was primarily struck by the apparent consistency of conclusion in them that climate changes were directly the result of natural variations with no mention of man-made influences.

The articles seemed to substantially state the position of people here, Other than you and I. <g>

I'm not sure if my basic thinking on this subject has been outlined effectively so let me try to say it again:

All theories in regard to the reasons for climate changing have substantial portions of speculation in them. All the theories in regard to mankind altering the direction of the climates changes have even more speculation in them. This is, among perhaps other factors that I have been forbidden to include here, is because the time-line ranges involved are so long that no conclusion can be accurately aimed for.

It is a basic true fact of scientific logic that the longer the time span between an action taken towards accomplishing a goal - and the reaching of that goal is - the weaker the chance of achieving the goal become. This should be obvious as the law of accumulating variables is not much in question in the scientific community. <g>

So we don't know exactly what all causes climate changing

We don't know what can be effectively done about it

And yet there seems to be no shortage of people demanding that we do some thing or other in regard to it. <g>

I have another idea: The US and a few other well developed countries has substantially reduced their pollution of the environment. The primary reason for this is that we are wealthy. By and large we do not scrabble for basic survival. Which allows us to be concerned for things like air, water, and soil pollution. And it provides the resources of financial and brain power to lavish on those concerns.

So rather than confronting the problem of excess polluting directly - I think an excellent argument could be made that simply increasing the income of everyone on the planet would readily provide the answer to pollution. More wealthy people would be available to worry about it. <g>

And beyond that, as I have probably said before, increasing the income of people worldwide would also serve to do two things in regard to population. Wealthy people tend to limit their family size and have ready to agreeable means of doing it. Wealthy people tend to eat better and to educate their children better. Healthy educated people make better thinkers - and; they have the time-resources required for the task.

WE as a species have a lot of complicated problems and limited solutions for them. Problems are generally solved by smart thinking people bringing their mental resources to bear. Improving the wealth and well being of everyone on the planet seems to me to be thing likeliest to produce the smart people that we quite desperately need to work all this stuff out.

I think that focusing on, for one example; climate change, is harmfully short-sighted. Especially considering the huge difficulty of both identification and worthwhile actions of resolution related to it.

If we are to work towards betterment - let's start with the basic building blocks: more and better smarter thinking people.

I wasn't singling you out - I just find the hashing and rehashing of the less important to be tiresome.

PHM
    -----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lahrs View Post
    Ok, since you want to single out my statements above the lunacy of some of your buddies.

Here is a link GA provided: https://principia-scientific.org/20-...d7RtZEC104M9Ys

Once I pointed out to him that it details the affect CO2 has on Earth he refused to discuss it. Maybe you'll have better luck.

Atmospheric CO2 affects Earth's temperature is a fact. I don't care about your declarations. Science is so far along from this discovery I don't feel the need to defend it. I'm just going to keep repeating it until one of you prove it wrong. What's good for the goose...
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh B View Post
    Since you are so sure you are going to die soon, perhaps you should be more concerned as to where you will spend eternity. And, if there is no hereafter then none of this matters anyway.

Just Saying.
    Move evidence for climate change than there is for god. Unless you consider Iron age fables written down in a book that has been edited and revised countless times to be proof.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by gustavhorna View Post
    nope, I'm sure like 99% of humans will be extinct around year 2050, probably even earlier. I assume in about 10 years we *may* start to become extinct if the trends continue to increase.
    Tell you what Gus...

Do some research...
    Find as many times science funded by politics as you can...
    That predicted/preached doomsday at the hands of the climate...
    That is, times with specific dates of doomsday.
    Example: AOC saying in 12 years we will all be dead... if we do not do... "_____"
    Then present that research to this forum...
    What all of us (including you) will see...
    Is lots of WA (wild-@$$) predictions that NEVER came true!

Question for you...
    From reading your thoughts...
    It almost seems like you WANT mankind to suffer...
    Just so you will be right!

Now given the absurdity of that attitude...
    Why should I take you seriously???
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *Cheap is not good, good is not cheap; however expensive is not a guarantee of quality!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by gustavhorna View Post
    ps. I would personally die from 45C after few days. I really mean die, not "die". I would be compost.
    According to this formula:

C to F:
    (C x 1.9) + 32 = F

45*C would work out to something like 117 or 118*F...

Newsflash...

The USA soldiers in Iraq suffered through days and days and days of 120*F +...

So the only conclusion I can draw...
    Is Gus is a lightweight...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

*The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *Cheap is not good, good is not cheap; however expensive is not a guarantee of quality!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    According to this formula:

C to F:
    (C x 1.9) + 32 = F

45*C would work out to something like 117 or 118*F...
    (C x 1.9) + 32 = F ????

Try (C x 1.8) + 32 = F

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahrs View Post
    (C x 1.9) + 32 = F ????

Try (C x 1.8) + 32 = F
    Well... OK...

That would yield:

113-114*F...

Even this old foggie (GA) has endured that in years past.

And many of us are exposed to that regularly in hot attics...

So IMO Gus is kinda a lightweight...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooty View Post
    Move evidence for climate change than there is for god. Unless you consider Iron age fables written down in a book that has been edited and revised countless times to be proof.
    Not much of an argument. Get back to me on that when you're on your deathbed.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    Not much of an argument. Get back to me on that when you're on your deathbed.
    I remember saying on another forum...
    That there are few athiests in foxholes...

The resulting posts were amusing:
    As one could tell in a heartbeat who had military experience and who did not...
    By which side of the discussion they were on!

Poking (in fun) at Sooty...

The book you refer to...
    Is the all time best seller in the history of printed material...
    Care to explain why that is so???

GA-HVAC-Tech

Post Likes
    Actually, there's more evidence of there being a God or Creator than not. Just take a look around. See all of that life?

How does life occur from dirt and sand? It doesn't. Not without some divine intervention.
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    Actually, there's more evidence of there being a God or Creator than not. Just take a look around. See all of that life?

How does life occur from dirt and sand? It doesn't. Not without some divine intervention.
    Geez BB (spoken with tongue in cheek)...

You are asking a libbie to believe in something larger than their (tiny) minds???

You are laying the groundwork for yet another case of liberal head explosions...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post

That is quite a leap. When humans are seen cruising around hundreds of feet under the sea or hundreds of miles in space, should we claim it is because of divine intervention? Because heck, how else could they have gotten there. God is not the only way we could have gotten here.

IMO there is no evidence of divine intervention. There is far more evidence of us being brought here from other planets and star systems. There is also evidence that those that brought us here are still very interested in our progress and our destruction of the earth.

There is no evidence that Almighty God has ever interfered with evolution or the cosmos. There is only a 'missing link' on this planet. Just as if we set up a colony on Mars...there would be a missing link there too.

Post Likes
    As a child, my family went to church. So I have a good Christian background. Then as a teenager, I began to question religion in general. It took quite awhile to realize that life itself if proof of a Creator.

Seriously.

In fact, isn't dirt the result of organic matter? So all you have to start with is water, sand, and bigger rocks. Take that recipe and create life. Just ain't gonna happen.

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Geez BB (spoken with tongue in cheek)...

You are asking a libbie to believe in something larger than their (tiny) minds???

You are laying the groundwork for yet another case of liberal head explosions...

Post Likes
    Sure, you can go there. Just tell me how that life started.

You have no organic matter. Make life from that.

You see, you're right back to square one.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    That is quite a leap. When humans are seen cruising around hundreds of feet under the sea or hundreds of miles in space, should we claim it is because of divine intervention? Because heck, how else could they have gotten there.

IMO there is no evidence of divine intervention. There is far more evidence of us being brought here from other planets and star systems. And those that brought us here are still very interested in our progress and our destruction of the earth.

There is no evidence that Almighty God has ever interfered with evolution or the cosmos.

Page 14 of 310 FirstFirst ... 47891011121314151617181920212464114 ... LastLast