Page 26 of 52 FirstFirst ... 1619202122232425262728293031323336 ... LastLast
Results 326 to 338 of 675
  1. #326
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    1,000 miles from nowhere
    Posts
    14,747
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by gustavhorna View Post
    new oilfield discoveries declining since 1960. Nothing mayor even.



    It should be clear to the dumbest dumb, that at some point the discovered oil will be consumed if discoveries tend to zero.
    Fewer discoveries because they are NOT LOOKING FOR THEM. Economic viability, Economics 101, you get a grade F.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

    “They can’t do anything about it unless they start shooting people, and presumably they won’t do that.” Protester & confirmed idiot.

    "I am not here to rescue you, I am bringing you along for emergency rations" Quark.

    "This is me, I'm not at home. If you'd like to reach me, leave me alone." Sherl Crow

    I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

  2. #327
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    229
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    maybe you do not realize that also EROI of oil has fallen from 100 in the 1950s to about 10 nowadays - and falling. You need now energy of 1 barrel to dig out 10 barrels of oil, when this ratio becomes 1, oil will not be longer any source of energy.

  3. #328
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,034
    Post Likes
    Shouldn't all the ARP incumbents be busy writing letters to their Congress?

    After seeing big oils own science that FF use will fu(k over our planet, they don't care, they have spread misinformation to mislead the public (predominantly right wing) and bought off politicians... I'd be pissed right now.

    What's most interesting about the big oils data, their models are really accurate at predicting the future.

    But no. Instead here we are playing politics and still insisting it's the left's fault. Basically every single thing that the right has been saying is wrong. It is you guys that have corrupted science, not the left!!!

    Oh well, no one's ever going to change their minds (MG notable exception). I guess we'll just go through all this again next week when the debate sparks up again... like the increasing incidence of forest fires.


  4. #329
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,034
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    Fewer discoveries because they are NOT LOOKING FOR THEM. Economic viability, Economics 101, you get a grade F.
    On this we agree. Oil is there, but it's hard/costly to extract.

  5. #330
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    229
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahrs View Post
    What's most interesting about the big oils data, their models are really accurate at predicting the future.
    and they know it since 1980 or earlier but still spreading misinformation into the public! We are already at about +1.5°C and +2°C is likely the tipping point at which it starts an avalanche of irreversible planetary damage. But well continue to drive your V8 and Hummers until it is too late.

  6. #331
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    1,000 miles from nowhere
    Posts
    14,747
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Missouri Guy View Post
    It's already been studied Tool..you either don't like the results or as you say don't care.. you have even argued it can be a good thing..and a bad thing.
    Its bad.
    Who said we should punish ourselves.
    My solution is to dramatically reduce the population of the world... Nothing else will work..as other countries can do as they wish.
    Am I proposing such.... nope..Just being real.. unless a large percentage of us die soon.. then we all die later.




    Sent from LG Stylo 4 using Tapatalk
    Ok. I think I will take policy considerations from more optimistic sources than you.

    You are not trying to resolve the potential problem, you are just trying to figure out whom we should nuke first.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

    “They can’t do anything about it unless they start shooting people, and presumably they won’t do that.” Protester & confirmed idiot.

    "I am not here to rescue you, I am bringing you along for emergency rations" Quark.

    "This is me, I'm not at home. If you'd like to reach me, leave me alone." Sherl Crow

    I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

  7. #332
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,034
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by gustavhorna View Post
    and they know it since 1980 or earlier but still spreading misinformation into the public! We are already at about +1.5°C and +2°C is likely the tipping point at which it starts an avalanche of irreversible planetary damage. But well continue to drive your V8 and Hummers until it is too late.
    Current increase is pegged at 0.8C. Your numbers are a prediction. Although it may be correct, let's try and give context to data given.

  8. #333
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    13,180
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    Ok. I think I will take policy considerations from more optimistic sources than you.

    You are not trying to resolve the potential problem, you are just trying to figure out whom we should nuke first.
    Not at all tool.
    What I am saying is at the rate we are going with exploding populations and third world nations beginning to become developing nation's we will increase our CO2 output by 4 x...it's a fact that our oceans are already absorbing less as the CO2 in the ocean has gone up...It's a fact that many forests have been destroyed..It's a fact that we have had a sudden increase in CO2 over the last few decades.. Those were an easy 70 years compared to what the next 70 years will be.
    You want policy considerations.. what policy considerations?
    Way to many people simply don't care...as long as the planet lasts until they die of old age they don't care.
    If you remember from the other thread.. I stated the planet needs Hydro electric plants...and plenty of them.
    Residential electric is responsible for about a third of CO2.
    Wind farms... screw the birds...if the planet goes they go anyway.
    Solar..which will help with peak during the day.
    Transportation is also close to another third of CO2..we could use some electric vehicles..if the price is right people will buy em.. as of now they are expensive...trim the whistles and give em several hundred miles of range...the grid however needs to be updated first.
    None of that is going to happen tool...I am just one guy...and as we can see people simply don't listen...if warming wasn't an issue..my plan is still great...but no....it's a corrupt world tool...you need to forget about some agency saving you when the time comes....we can't even get a wall built.
    Britian couldn't even make a clean exit...the UN is nothing but trouble...PC Police...China is booming.... they won't follow anything they will have agreed to anyway.
    India is nasty...they still poop in the open..don't expect any cooperation there
    So what your plan?....just wait and all head to the poles?
    We have already passed the steady absorbtion rate of the ocean....but hey it did take care of trillions of tons for us though...it served us well.




    Sent from LG Stylo 4 using Tapatalk
    ...

  9. Likes Lahrs liked this post
  10. #334
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    229
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    You are not trying to resolve the potential problem, you are just trying to figure out whom we should nuke first.
    not whom but what... just nuke any mayor city >1 mil, or so, problem gone

  11. #335
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,034
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Missouri Guy View Post
    Not at all tool.
    What I am saying is at the rate we are going with exploding populations and third world nations beginning to become developing nation's we will increase our CO2 output by 4 x...it's a fact that our oceans are already absorbing less as the CO2 in the ocean has gone up...It's a fact that many forests have been destroyed..It's a fact that we have had a sudden increase in CO2 over the last few decades.. Those were an easy 70 years compared to what the next 70 years will be.
    You want policy considerations.. what policy considerations?
    Way to many people simply don't care...as long as the planet lasts until they die of old age they don't care.
    If you remember from the other thread.. I stated the planet needs Hydro electric plants...and plenty of them.
    Residential electric is responsible for about a third of CO2.
    Wind farms... screw the birds...if the planet goes they go anyway.
    Solar..which will help with peak during the day.
    Transportation is also close to another third of CO2..we could use some electric vehicles..if the price is right people will buy em.. as of now they are expensive...trim the whistles and give em several hundred miles of range...the grid however needs to be updated first.
    None of that is going to happen tool...I am just one guy...and as we can see people simply don't listen...if warming wasn't an issue..my plan is still great...but no....it's a corrupt world tool...you need to forget about some agency saving you when the time comes....we can't even get a wall built.
    Britian couldn't even make a clean exit...the UN is nothing but trouble...PC Police...China is booming.... they won't follow anything they will have agreed to anyway.
    India is nasty...they still poop in the open..don't expect any cooperation there
    So what your plan?....just wait and all head to the poles?
    We have already passed the steady absorbtion rate of the ocean....but hey it did take care of trillions of tons for us though...it served us well.




    Sent from LG Stylo 4 using Tapatalk
    That's a really good overview MG.

  12. Likes Missouri Guy liked this post
  13. #336
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    40,318
    Post Likes
    Saw this on another forum... have not read it yet...

    Figured it would fit in here:

    https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-...exist-practice

    At the very least, it would cause indigestion for the lefties...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

  14. #337
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    229
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    “Because the anthropogenic portion in the increased carbon dioxide is less than 10 percent, we have practically no anthropogenic climate change,” the researchers concluded.

    article already starts with a BS claim... where they take these figures wtf. 10%... human contribution is 45% to the atmospheric co2.

  15. #338
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    40,318
    Post Likes
    Says who???

    The guy on the payroll of the folks who want to promote doom/gloom fear mongering...
    To increase taxes and get rich off working folks???
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

Page 26 of 52 FirstFirst ... 1619202122232425262728293031323336 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •