Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Ever spend time in a country outside the USA...
    Where the power fails on a regular basis???

NOT fun at all... when the heat or AC or TV or lights go out!

Ya want that to happen...
    Just so one can say:
    I hate Trump and I am right???

Sheesh...

Talk about cutting off ones nose to spite their face...
    What are you talking about? Losing power typical BS.
    https://www.theverge.com/2019/6/26/1...gas-renewables
    50 coal plants have already shut down being replaced by natural gas and renewable energy. Just keep drinking the koolaid!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by servicefitter View Post
    What are you talking about? Losing power typical BS.
    https://www.theverge.com/2019/6/26/1...gas-renewables
    50 coal plants have already shut down being replaced by natural gas and renewable energy. Just keep drinking the koolaid!
    I nave news for you dude...

A good friend here... is an engineer for Southern Co...
    He works on power plants...

I probably know more about power plants than the rest of ARP combined...

Have you toured a coal plant... how about a gas fired plant... or a nuke plant???
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *Cheap is not good, good is not cheap; however expensive is not a guarantee of quality!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

Post Likes
    I nave news for you dude...

A good friend here... is an engineer for Southern Co...
    He works on power plants...

I probably know more about power plants than the rest of ARP combined...

Have you toured a coal plant... how about a gas fired plant... or a nuke plant???
    Did some work at two plants both ameren missouri. Labadie coal and Callaway a nuclear plant both in their offices. Labadie was nasty coal dust everywhere, three stacks 700' and the boiler is over 200' tall. Callaway every day checking in had to unload my service truck almost to bare shelves to enter plant. So what is your point if someones a engineer they know everything about the business of generating electric and know every aspects of plant operation that took 5k trade people to built one and thousands of engineers. I know you didn't read or skim the article.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by servicefitter View Post
    Did some work at two plants both ameren missouri. Labadie coal and Callaway a nuclear plant both in their offices. Labadie was nasty coal dust everywhere, three stacks 700' and the boiler is over 200' tall. Callaway every day checking in had to unload my service truck almost to bare shelves to enter plant. So what is your point if someones a engineer they know everything about the business of generating electric and know every aspects of plant operation that took 5k trade people to built one and thousands of engineers. I know you didn't read or skim the article.
    Oh wow...

Now we have a service guy that thinks he knows more about how something works...
    Than the engineers who designed it...

That is sooooo completely typical of a leftist mind...

There is no point in carrying on this conversation.

Obviously, someone cannot see the forest for the trees.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *Cheap is not good, good is not cheap; however expensive is not a guarantee of quality!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

5. Likes glennac liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Oh wow...

Now we have a service guy that thinks he knows more about how something works...
    Than the engineers who designed it...

That is sooooo completely typical of a leftist mind...

There is no point in carrying on this conversation.

Obviously, someone cannot see the forest for the trees.

That's nothing new. We have a bunch of right wing HVAC techs in the forum who fancy themselves experts on climate change. Forget about getting PhD-level training in science. Just wave your EPA freon card and your ECT certificate from the community college...that's enough to establish credibility!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMasticator View Post
    That's nothing new. We have a bunch of right wing HVAC techs in the forum who fancy themselves experts on climate change. Forget about getting PhD-level training in science. Just wave your EPA freon card and your ECT certificate from the community college...that's enough to establish credibility!
    You've been here three years now...

and not a single conservative has changed their mind about you.

But gotta give you credit where credit is due...

you reminded me of a great old Beatles song.
    "Here's to you and here's to me,
    Friends may we always be!
    But, if by chance we disagree,
    Up yours! Here's to me!"

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by biodieselman View Post
    You've been here three years now...

and not a single conservative has changed their mind about you.

But gotta give you credit where credit is due...

you reminded me of a great old Beatles song.
    Now, now, BuffyDaisyMunchkin...don't think like that. There's no reason why it should occur to you that you're a loser. At least in your own demographic sub-category. What's more...and please don't let this go to your head...I want you to know that in all of ARP you are without a doubt my favorite special-needs redneck, and I would be greatly honored if you would let me select you in ARP's upcoming Adopt-a-Deplorable charity event.

Just think of how much your quality of life might improve if I could get you up to speed on certain simple evolutionary advances you've missed out on. For example, using a folded magazine--instead of your forehead---to smush a bug that lands on your kitchen table; or during winter, warming your hands in gloves/mittens instead of in a fresh, steaming hot cowpie. These things and many more, BDM, I would be very happy to show you, and on your end, I'm sure there's some itty-bitty sliver of your backwoods culture that I would find amusing and cute to behold. Perhaps a rousing demonstration of Hillbilly Kung Fu?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFaR_QxQ-qk

Name:  kung fu hillbilly.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  26.5 KB

Post Likes
    For now this is just a general warning/heads up. Insulting another member with a meme is likely going to be treated just the same as insulting a member using words. No hiding behind a meme is allowed.
    Thanks, ARPC

10. Likes Special-K liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Now, now, BuffyDaisyMunchkin...don't think like that. There's no reason why it should occur to you that you're a loser. At least in your own demographic sub-category. What's more...and please don't let this go to your head...I want you to know that in all of ARP you are without a doubt my favorite special-needs redneck, and I would be greatly honored if you would let me select you in ARP's upcoming Adopt-a-Deplorable charity event.

Just think of how much your quality of life might improve if I could get you up to speed on certain simple evolutionary advances you've missed out on. For example, using a folded magazine--instead of your forehead---to smush a bug that lands on your kitchen table; or during winter, warming your hands in gloves/mittens instead of in a fresh, steaming hot cowpie. These things and many more, BDM, I would be very happy to show you, and on your end, I'm sure there's some itty-bitty sliver of your backwoods culture that I would find amusing and cute to behold. Perhaps a rousing demonstration of Hillbilly Kung Fu?

Kung Fu Master meets Nunchaku Master...

https://publicinsta.com/media/BwnTAgRA6E4
    Last edited by Bazooka Joey; 07-08-2019 at 11:17 PM.

12. Likes vin lashon liked this post.
    Post Likes

Lay off the insults. Biodesiel was already officially warned, do you require one too?

Let's have a conversation, not an exchange of insults.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

“They can’t do anything about it unless they start shooting people, and presumably they won’t do that.” Protester & confirmed idiot.

"I am not here to rescue you, I am bringing you along for emergency rations" Quark.

"This is me, I'm not at home. If you'd like to reach me, leave me alone." Sherl Crow

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by newoldtech View Post
    For now this is just a general warning/heads up. Insulting another member with a meme is likely going to be treated just the same as insulting a member using words. No hiding behind a meme is allowed.
    Thanks, ARPC
    Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    Lay off the insults. Biodesiel was already officially warned, do you require one too?

Let's have a conversation, not an exchange of insults.
    As you wish, guys, but just so you know, I myself consider the exchanges between BDM and me to be nothing other than playful (and admittedly very colorful) banter, and I suspect that he would say the same. Aside from the initial exchanges between BDM and me a couple years ago, I would never characterize our remarks to each other as anything close to actual animosity. The way I see it, we just have fun roasting each other and all the stereotypes that could be associated with either of us.

If, however, such behavior constitutes an offense in the eyes of ARPC...well, then I suppose we shall have to curtail our fun and confirm to the rules.

Post Likes
    As you wish, guys, but just so you know, I myself consider the exchanges between BDM and me to be nothing other than playful (and admittedly very colorful) banter, and I suspect that he would say the same. Aside from the initial exchanges between BDM and me a couple years ago, I would never characterize our remarks to each other as anything close to actual animosity. The way I see it, we just have fun roasting each other and all the stereotypes that could be associated with either of us.

If, however, such behavior constitutes an offense in the eyes of ARPC...well, then I suppose we shall have to curtail our fun and confirm to the rules.
    I believe that a lot of it is relatively good natured banter. But it can be hard to tell, and if we allow it then many not so good natured members will claim they want equal rights to use them as insults, and we will lose too much civility. Yea sometimes it sucks being the heavy hall monitor/party pooper.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345