Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mosquitoes

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    Can it be assumed that there are species that don't serve a purpose? I don't believe that. Eliminating a species could have unforeseen consequences that could make us regret 'messing with mother nature'. Science would serve humanity better by coming up with some kind of 'repellent pill' that could be given seasonally to humans and pets.
    Well then, does it follow that the sub species Homo Sapiens Liberalis won't have to be hunted to extinction either?!

You all gonna invent some repellent pills for them pests too?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMasticator View Post
    Well then, does it follow that the sub species Homo Sapiens Liberalis won't have to be hunted to extinction either?!

You all gonna invent some repellent pills for them pests too?
    They are killing each other off as we speak... Aborting baby's... getting sex changes..so they can't reproduce..over dosing...pooping in the streets..they will die in the filth they create due to diseases.

3. Likes lions_lair liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Missouri Guy View Post
    They are killing each other off as we speak... Aborting baby's... getting sex changes..so they can't reproduce..over dosing...pooping in the streets..they will die in the filth they create due to diseases.
    So what are you complaining about? It's just a matter of time before they all kill themselves off. And that can only help you models of virtue on the Right, correct? I mean, you already have Heaven locked up, with your laudable faith in magic, miracles, and winged spirits, and now, you're soon to claim dominion over Earth as well. Seems to me, things are looking downright peachy in the United States of Trumperica.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Actually... the secret to mosquitoes going for someone else...
    Is to eliminate any and all refined sugars from your diet!
    Takes about a month off sugar (ALL of it)... and you do not attract them anymore.

And a by-product of doing this... you probably will not develop type 2 Diabetes when you get old.
    Only the pregnant mosquitoes draw blood. And are mainly attracted to you from the carbon dioxide in your breath.. they mostly feed on pollen..

Sent from The Lions Lair
    "If you can’t describe what you are doing as a process, you don’t know what you are doing." ~ W. Edwards Deming

All those who wander..are not lost.

Do NOT..mistake my kindness for weakness.

The early bird may get the worm..but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    I don't eat much sugar now. And now that you mention it, I was under a house changing a blower motor a few days ago (late aftn). The owner was under there with me and was asking if I was getting bites. I wasn't. He was.

Have you eliminated sugar altogether?
    Yes... almost 100%... it takes a L O N G time to work ones diet around... and honestly it feels wrong...
    However I can say I feel better... and I bought smaller clothes... grin!

What happened with me: a bad diet feeds on itself... one gets that 'high' from over-feeding their body with stimulants (caffeine, sugar, etc)... and one gets used to that 'high'. Altering ones diet, short term, results in what feels like a 'low'... and for me it took over a year to work through the high/low thing and get to 'steady'!

Looking back... steady is a good thing... as it is dependable and reliable!!!

And the mosquitoes do not 'bug' me.
    Was at a customers home yesterday, last call, from around 7.00 PM until 8.15 PM... wash, freon, and discuss a new system. He was being eaten up outside... they did not go for me. He asked why... I explained... he did not like the idea of giving up sugar (computer nerd type, hyper).... so I changed the subject...

Oh, and one more thing...
    If one gives up refined sugars (note one can still eat fresh fruits, just in moderation)...
    One can more or less forget about ever getting type 2 diabetes...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *Cheap is not good, good is not cheap; however expensive is not a guarantee of quality!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Special-K View Post
    This. Don't mess with Mother Nature.
    Totally agree!

Mother (and Father) nature...
    Are smarter than us humans...
    Even though we are too proud to admit it...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

*The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *Cheap is not good, good is not cheap; however expensive is not a guarantee of quality!

Post Likes
    Humans mess with MotherNature and play God everyday. Sometimes good things happen, sometimes not so much. It is estimated in the last 100 years 500 species have gone extinct.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    You know those dryer sheets some people use? For anti static or something or other. I heard they make great mosquito repellent. There's so many toxic chemicals in them dryer sheets, the mosquito's will stay far away.
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Spitz View Post
    Humans mess with MotherNature and play God everyday. Sometimes good things happen, sometimes not so much. It is estimated in the last 100 years 500 species have gone extinct.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Problem with the assumptions of this statement...

There is not really any solid proof of how many of those species would have survived with or without mankind's behavior.
    And with the proven track record of the environmental wackos altering evidence (see temp charts)... even if they did produce evidence... is it accurate???

Question for you progressive lefties:
    If it came to a question:
    A) Mankind survives but mother nature takes a serious hit
    B) Mother nature survives but mankind dies off
    And there was NO option C...
    Which one would you choose???

Now do NOT start saying... well there is this or that option C...
    The point is to choose A or B...

So which one...
    Is mother nature more important than mankind...
    Or is mankind more important than mother nature???

Bet the lefties cannot (more like will not) answer that question...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Post Likes
    Problem with the assumptions of this statement...

There is not really any solid proof of how many of those species would have survived with or without mankind's behavior.
    And with the proven track record of the environmental wackos altering evidence (see temp charts)... even if they did produce evidence... is it accurate???

Question for you progressive lefties:
    If it came to a question:
    A) Mankind survives but mother nature takes a serious hit
    B) Mother nature survives but mankind dies off
    And there was NO option C...
    Which one would you choose???

Now do NOT start saying... well there is this or that option C...
    The point is to choose A or B...

So which one...
    Is mother nature more important than mankind...
    Or is mankind more important than mother nature???

Bet the lefties cannot (more like will not) answer that question...
    Of course I'd put mankind above all else, but there's also that pesky fact that without mother nature, humans would have a pretty hard time surviving.

And let's face it, in the end - mother nature either wins, or EVERYONE loses.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by shellkamp View Post
    Of course I'd put mankind above all else, but there's also that pesky fact that without mother nature, humans would have a pretty hard time surviving.

And let's face it, in the end - mother nature either wins, or EVERYONE loses.

True, and I agree...

However when one listens to the environmental wackos... one wonders if they want to end humanity and let Mother nature have the earth...

What good would that do???
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Post Likes
    True, and I agree...

However when one listens to the environmental wackos... one wonders if they want to end humanity and let Mother nature have the earth...

What good would that do???
    It would do zero good - but the fact of the matter is that we either live in relative harmony with the planet - or else something's gotta give.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by shellkamp View Post
    It would do zero good - but the fact of the matter is that we either live in relative harmony with the planet - or else something's gotta give.

You and I know that...

However how do we get the wackos to understand that...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast