Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by gustavhorna View Post
    don't forget it is an inverter unit! So it is not running @9000 BTU all the time. At night time it is running at measured 1.5 amps (outside unit). I would say this is ok.
    Whats the amp draw during the day?

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by CEAS-AC-TECH View Post
    Whats the amp draw during the day?

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk
    goes up to max 3.5 amps.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by gustavhorna View Post
    innovair 9000 btu

yes it has a sensor on the indoor unit. I wonder why it is able to cool during the hot time of the day but not during colder night time - does not make sense. The sensor should signal all day around what the inside temp is.

I could understand the inverse problem of undersized unit not cooling enough during the hot time... but not cooling during cold time? It keeps the indoor temp correctly from about 11am to 6pm, but then it starts to rise while it is getting colder outside. I was supposing that maybe it is getting too much sunshine on the outdoor unit so it works harder than it should, however then I've built a small roof over the outside unit (about 1.5 feet over it) to shield the sunshine off but it has no measurable influence on the indoor temp. weird.
    It's Most Likely Your Building - the Mass of Heat in the Attic or Roof system & Outside Sunny Brick Walls have reached Critical Load and Pumping massive
    Amounts ~ of ~ BTU's - straight into Your Space .. ( Even If it is Cooler Outside ) all of that Load is Tons above the Little 9000 Btu Unit ~ Install a 12,000 I'm Thinking

If I Missed It Please Describe , Your Building or Apartment ~ Thank You

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post

Should have spent the extra and got the Mitsubishi. You wouldn’t be here arguing!
    People still pushing overpriced Mitsubishi units as a reason why another brand isn't working is comical. If the unit was oversized for the area then Mitsubishi would not have solved the issue.

We've installed some Innovair products and our customer's love them and their operation.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by MiniSplitsUSA View Post
    People still pushing overpriced Mitsubishi units as a reason why another brand isn't working is comical. If the unit was oversized for the area then Mitsubishi would not have solved the issue.

We've installed some Innovair products and our customer's love them and their operation.
    If sized properly yes!

Mitisubishi is still way ahead of the pack!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post
    If sized properly yes!

Mitisubishi is still way ahead of the pack!

Not trying to start nothing just curious. Do they have a conventional air handler that can be paird with a mulit head condenser?

Post Likes
    Yes, the the MVZ line.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffw View Post
    Yes, the the MVZ line.

How about a gas furnace?
    Don't see much of their stuff around here. Local deal doesn't seem to mess with minis much.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by joeysmith View Post

How about a gas furnace?
    Don't see much of their stuff around here. Local deal doesn't seem to mess with minis much.
    No gas furnaces. They do heat pumps, after all.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffw View Post
    No gas furnaces. They do heat pumps, after all.
    Good point. I realize it wouldn't be a big seller but every couple years we run into a job where something like that would be sweet.
    Carrier is supposed to have one in the works but still a year or so out I was told.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234