Post Likes

Carrier Infinity Error code: 84 High Pressure Lockout For 4 Hours

This is the second time in less than a month this has happened.
    The unit is only 4 years old.
    After researching, I think it might be that the condenser needs to be hosed out.
    The first time, and this time, I turned the unit off at the breaker, left it sit for 30 min, and it runs fine after turning it back on.
    The fan spins up fine, and other than the normal strange sounds a staged unit makes, all is fine.
    Do you think I should call the installer?
    I really hate to bother them seeing as how it's been very hot lately, and I'm sure they're swamped.
    Should I wash the condenser and wait?
    Or is this a precursor to something getting ready to fail?
    Thanks in advance for any advice!

Post Likes
    I would call the company that installed it or services it if its locking out on high pressure something is wrong and you could be causing damage to your system by resetting and running it like it is

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pctech View Post
    I would call the company that installed it or services it if its locking out on high pressure something is wrong and you could be causing damage to your system by resetting and running it like it is
    Thanks! It would be bad to have a simple fix under warranty, turn into something more serious.

Post Likes
    Code 84 can easily be cause by a dirty condenser coil. Have you had it service in the 4 years it’s been installed? Can you visually tell the condenser is dirty?

Your condenser should be hosed off a few times during the summer not just once during an annual maintenance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Moved to AOP.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by johoff34 View Post
    Code 84 can easily be cause by a dirty condenser coil. Have you had it service in the 4 years it’s been installed? Can you visually tell the condenser is dirty?

Your condenser should be hosed off a few times during the summer not just once during an annual maintenance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Unfortunately, it hasn't been serviced in the past 4 years, other than replacing the filter every 2 months.
    After talking to the one who installed the unit, we both came to the conclusion that hosing off the condenser is a good first step, as it hasn't been cleaned, and looks like it's dirty.
    Not filthy, but looks like it could use a good hosing off.
    I'll keep everyone posted as to whether it permanently fixes the issue.