Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Likes

MeasureQuick Airflow Estimate

Could someone explain how MeasureQuick comes to a CFM estimate?

I finally had a chance to try the Fieldpiece probes and loved the combination. The airflow estimate feature seems like it would be great on service calls where you wouldn't have time to drill holes for a timed anemometer traverse or have access to blower charts.

I remember reading a post from Jim a while back about the estimate being fairly accurate if the charge was close but I can't find it now. If a system is dirty or the charge is off does the estimate become useless?

Thanks

Post Likes
    I downloaded the Measure Quick app, but have not used it.I have a new fieldpiece 480.I'm just learning to use it with the fieldpiece app.My understanding is that the measure Quick also works withe Fieldpiece.Is this true.If so, which app is better?Which app would you use ,and what is the reason for using one or the other?How does it calculate airflow? I do also own fieldpiece probes.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Gleng View Post
    I downloaded the Measure Quick app, but have not used it.I have a new fieldpiece 480.I'm just learning to use it with the fieldpiece app.My understanding is that the measure Quick also works withe Fieldpiece.Is this true.If so, which app is better?Which app would you use ,and what is the reason for using one or the other?How does it calculate airflow? I do also own fieldpiece probes.
    MQ is the better app by far. I don't use the FP app at all. Also, the MQ app will work with different brands simultaneously. Seriously, no comparison. MQ.

Tools that work with MQ

4. Likes Lahrs liked this post
    Post Likes
    Agree with Vin.

I use the MQ app with Testo probes. Works great. Only use the Testo app for basic stuff like pressure testing.

Don't know how the airflow estimate feature works. Hopefully someone else can come along and explain it.

Post Likes
    I haven't really used the app, but it's probably asking you for nominal tonnage and SEER rating - using that information with your refrigerant pressures and temperatures to determine whether the system is properly charged, then taking your return and supply wet and dry bulb temperatures to calculate the difference in enthalpy.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    I believe mQ treats that calculation as proprietary. Jim has explained it to me and the Enginering team at some major utility consultants all to our satisfaction.

I’m sure if he gets a chance, he can elaborate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bill Spohn
    President & CEO
    www.TruTechTools.com

Post Likes
    Tools that work with MQ[/QUOTE]

Downloadable version of that chart (I created the original)

https://www.trutechtools.com/assets/...%20REV%202.pdf

Complete selection of compatible products:

https://www.trutechtools.com/MeasureQuick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bill Spohn
    President & CEO
    www.TruTechTools.com

Post Likes
    IM assuming it takes the tonnage and blower type you enter as well as other reading but primarily the WB/DB sticks in supply and return give it a way to determine AF by the other settings you entered..

Post Likes
    do you trust the airflow readings to be correct, without using other instruments such as hot wire anemometer,staic pressure, heat rise method, etc. Do you have any other info you could post as to how MQ calculates the airflow?

Post Likes
    when will the Fieldpiece 480 be compatible with MQ,Thanks

Post Likes
    I'd be curious to see how few inputs the app needs before it spits out an airflow number.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by acguytx View Post
    IM assuming it takes the tonnage and blower type you enter as well as other reading but primarily the WB/DB sticks in supply and return give it a way to determine AF by the other settings you entered..
    I'd add: SH, SST & TEET

Post Likes
    The estimated airflow is basically a mass flow calculation and is a more accurate way to get airflow in a residential system than an anemometer or even a capture hood in many cases simply because of the duct design. For the most precise readings, you need to have superheat within 25 degrees of the target, you need ODA temperature and liquid line temperature as well as the SEER set in the profile. We do not go into details of the actual calculation as we treat it as a trade secret. It has been highly refined over the past few years. We tested it against several other methods at NIST labs and were consistently within a few percents of their equipment. I can assure you that it is very accurate and reliable.
    JLB,

15. Likes Lahrs liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast