Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Inficon Stratus

Post Likes
    I'm in the same boat as you are!!!!Got my stratus yesterday.I have also had many leak detectors.I have had the best luck with the DTek select .I have two H10 leak detectors.an old original plug in and an H10 from around 2000.Never liked them as much as the DTek sure the newer H10 pro is better than the older one I have.I have just become more partial to Inficon.I have no doubt that this new Stratus is better then the new H10.I spent a lot more money than I could of got a new H10 for!!!So,I'm hoping it's good.I will start using it on Monday.Im waiting for Nytefog to give a comparison on the Staratus as the H10,since he has both of them.

Post Likes
    Update:
    I have a issues with my new stratus. My battery kept unlatching and knocking off the battery door.
    I called Inficon today and was told that the battery latch mechanisms is still being worked on. They are sending me a new stratus. So their is going to be a delay before I get to test it properly.

I did find a leak on a Mitsubishi multi city h/p r410a with the stratus. The flare joint behind the indoor unit was leaking. It’s a very small leak. I actually got a hit just by sweeping the underside of the indoor wall unit right near where the flare was located. Once I pulled the bottom away from the wall I could see oil on the flares inside the insulation. I had the stratus on high sensitivity and not super sensitivity. I didn't get to use cloud mode with the ppm read out yet. I was distracted by the battery issue.

Maybe I can abuse this unit just a little bit before it gets returned so I can determine is durability! Any suggestions?!!

I will post updates if other would like me to.

Post Likes
    Following.

When released here in OZ I’m told $1500Au.
    The primary function of the design engineer is to make things difficult for the fabricator and impossible for the serviceman.

Post Likes
    Do let us know your impressions after you've used it a while. I've decided to hang onto my SLR8 (with new sensor) and TIFZX for a while, but if this Stratus is what they say it will be, I'll jump on board. I'm particularly interested in how it handles small leaks.

BTW, here's that NathanHVAC thread.

Post Likes
    How has this been working out?

Post Likes
    I have the new stratus ,So far it is very good.I think it is better than my old H10.But I don't have a new H10 to compare it too.I have found leaks pretty fast on R404a and R-22.Did not use it for 410a yet.So far ,its good.I expect that it will be good with 410A as well.I have not had the battery latch issue on mine,as noted by Nytefog

Post Likes
    Sometimes I wonder if it’s better just to recover the 410a and shoot some R22 in the system. Just keep a recovery jug for 22 and 410 on the truck. My detector can pickup a R22 leak from my truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards" ~ Vernon Law

"Skilled Labor Isn't Cheap, Cheap Labor Isn't Skilled" ~ Unknown

"When the teachers become unteachable we're all in trouble"

"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts." ~ John Wooden

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12