Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Inficon Stratus

Post Likes

Inficon Stratus

anyone used the new Inficon Stratus leak detector?

Post Likes
    I just picked my stratus up today. I have only used it for 10 minutes on a known leak. My initial impressions of the stratus to this point have been very impressed. It is capable of very high sensitivity level and cloud mode with PPM read out on the display. I did not have any false alarms from tapping the tip against objects after it has warmed up a few minutes. I will report back soon after putting the stratus to work in the field on some upcoming leaks search work.

Issues.
    I don’t like the usb charging port due to the fact they tend to get damaged. The battery latching mechanism has let loose twice and is difficult to reset the battery I into the holder. I have to contact Inficon. This is the first production of a new model...

Post Likes
    do you think it is better than the H10 pro.I have a DTek select now,Debating on getting the H10 pro or the new Stratus

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Gleng View Post
    do you think it is better than the H10 pro.I have a DTek select now,Debating on getting the H10 pro or the new Stratus

I need to spend sometime with it. The H10 pro is always good to have.

Post Likes
    Have you had a chance to use it on 410a yet?

Post Likes
    I bought one today.I have not used it yet.I will post how I like it.It opted to buy the Status over the H10 pro.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Gleng View Post
    I bought one today.I have not used it yet.I will post how I like it.It opted to buy the Status over the H10 pro.
    Who has them and for how much.
    Yes, I've seen that before and it doesn't mean I like it.

Post Likes
    I bought mine at United refrigeration.$930.00,including tax.(not cheap)!!!!

Post Likes
    I'll be waiting on that one. Too rich for my blood.
    Yes, I've seen that before and it doesn't mean I like it.

Post Likes
    i knew it was coming out a few months ago, so I saved up for it.I have an envelope i call my tool saving money.I usually save up for expensive stuff .

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith73 View Post
    Who has them and for how much.
    $895 Johnstone Supply. I'm hoping to use on a leaking Mitsubishi multi city mini-split leak search today

Post Likes
    Im hoping it's worth the money!!!Time will tell.

Post Likes
    I'm a electronic refrigerant leak detector junkie. I'm currently carry the SRL8, tek-mate, Testo 316-4, H10 Pro and Stratus. I also have the Tif ZX (damn batteries), Bacharach tru-pointe IR, Dtek Select, older H10 120v and a few others. I mainly search for R410a leaks. The company has only been installing R410a systems since 1994. When carrier released the 38TXA Puron condensing units.

I've been searching a long time for the best electronic detector (mostly R410a), but I have found that different models work better at locating different types refrigerant and jobs. NathanHVAC, A forum member, did a review on a bunch of models and compared their sensitivity to R22 & R410A. It's probably the most extensive unbiased test I've come across. It wasn't done with lab type precision but was still quite informative.

I have high hopes for the stratus. I usually wait for tool reviews from forum members, but I had to try this new leak detector myself. I pre-ordered the stratus and received a small discount rather then waiting for its release. I've had good luck with Inficon leak detectors in the past. I hope this wasn't a poor purchase destined for Ebay!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast