+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hozy moisture sensor?

Post Likes

Confused Hozy moisture sensor?

Does a Hozy have a wet switch?I took my pump out and loaned it to a customer until his pump came in from the supply house . When I put my pump back in my machine and turned it to ice making I noticed. no beep no start either I said to myself look at this s”””” . So I got curious and I filled sump with a garden hose low and behold it beeped and came back on line ! KM600 is the model

Post Likes
    When switched to "Ice" there will be a 5 second delay, then the water valve will open. After a "1 Minute Fill Cycle" the board checks the float switch to see if it's closed yet. If still open, it'll do another fill cycle, etc. Basically, nothing else will happen until the sump fills.

See p.35: http://icemeister.net/files/icemaker...ide%20Book.pdf

Post Likes
    The machine was in the. Ice position with water pressure on it I had no light on circuit board as soon as I put garden hose in the sump and started to force fill it the machine cranked up it was in the ice position for at least ten minutes and would not do a thing until it saw water . I seen stranger things with ice machines . I had to do this to Manys more than once,!(add water to them until the water probe gets wet I guess it rests the computer or something to that nature.you have to unplug Scotsmans to get them thinking right

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars65 View Post
    The machine was in the. Ice position with water pressure on it I had no light on circuit board as soon as I put garden hose in the sump and started to force fill it the machine cranked up it was in the ice position for at least ten minutes and would not do a thing until it saw water . I seen stranger things with ice machines . I had to do this to Manys more than once,!(add water to them until the water probe gets wet I guess it rests the computer or something to that nature.you have to unplug Scotsmans to get them thinking right
    It sounds like there was no power to the board when you first switched it on. It could be a sticky bin thermostat or mechanical bin switch if it has that instead.

Anyway...to answer your question, no it doesn't have a moisture sensor. The closest thing to that would be the float switch.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in