Post Likes

Niagara Ax Object: Unknown Object

I am having some issues with points integrated to Niagara Ax from a Johnson Controls NAE via BACnet IP. They are showing up in fault with a "Object:Unknown Object" fault. The puzzling part is that it is only some points on a couple of air handlers. The virtual points on those units are reading fine with no issues but just the physical IO points are acting this way. I can do a force read on the points and they go normal for about 5 seconds before going back faulted. Any suggestions on what might be causing the problem?

Post Likes
    Do you have any duplicate points with same name or wrong point type?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mfia321 View Post
    Do you have any duplicate points with same name or wrong point type?
    There are no duplicate point names and I have checked the point types too. I am told the points used to read fine and no one knows when they stopped reading.

Post Likes
    If they are coming in as unknown object type could it be something with the BACnet properties? Maybe you could compare the NAE and Niagara PICs and see if there is anything that is listed in JCI that Niagara doesn't support

Post Likes
    Seen this several times.

Virtual objects come in and everything reads, but the proxy points are a claiming unknown object which is BS. You can do a point discovery and everything shows up valid no error, yet the point in the DB is faulted...unknown object. Delete the point, re-import wait 5min...yep faulted again.

Make sure your running the latest version BACnet driver you can. That's fixed it in a few cases.

Restarting the station sometimes clears it. This typically works if you copy paste points and spot it, not for cases its worked for X long and now its a problem.

Check your polling stats and make sure busy time isn't stupid. Check system resources and make sure the station is running past the redline.

After that its app director & capture time. I have seen devices respond with non-standard messages cause this as well.

Dupe device instances can cause it, but its pretty easy to spot. Do a global device discovery and if you have any in orange...prob a dupe and both usually show up in the list.
    Propagating the formula. http://www.noagendashow.com/