Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    Idgaf about a piece of paper from the federal government other than a draft card. If you know wtf you’re doing then you’re fine, if you’re a dumbass then you’re not ok and it’s okay but it’s not okay to stay that way.

Basically Pre ‘94 your social security number was your epa number so that’s illegal so you need to pay 49.95 for a new card so they can correct their f up. That’s the federal government in a nutshell, prove me wrong please!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrammel View Post
    Idgaf about a piece of paper from the federal government other than a draft card. If you know wtf you’re doing then you’re fine, if you’re a dumbass then you’re not ok and it’s okay but it’s not okay to stay that way.

Basically Pre ‘94 your social security number was your epa number so that’s illegal so you need to pay 49.95 for a new card so they can correct their f up. That’s the federal government in a nutshell, prove me wrong please!
    Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post
    Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!
    and I’m not changing it!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Cringus1066 View Post
    I recently attended a class on Sphera's Refrigerant Compliance Manager (refrigerant tracking software). The person presenting the class mentioned that if a technician has an EPA certification issued before 1994 it is no longer valid.
    I have searched the EPA.gov website and don't see this mentioned anywhere. Does anyone know if this is a valid statement? I've been in the HVAC business for 35 years now and had never heard that.
    Pure BS. About 5 years ago I needed to get a new card as mine was breaking into pieces. Got Ferris State to issue new card with a nonSS# & I sent them some money. I'm in the den now so I can't tell you what year mines from but it was pre 94 cause I took the Saturday Course/test at Tyler Jr College when it was voluntary compliance but I could see the mandate comeing
    As to the dumb guvment, our pilots licenses were issued using SS # and and we all had to get revised license . Problem is if I had to sign off a logbook entry such as being a safety pilot my # is out there in a lot of old logbooks.

Post Likes
    Did you get the volcano question, i did and new the answer.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    We ask for epa card for CFC's and HCFC's
    You just asked me for cash at the back door before opening.....I should have weighed that jug of HP-80

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BALloyd View Post
    You just asked me for cash at the back door before opening.....I should have weighed that jug of HP-80

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
    Was it for a Mani ?

Post Likes
    The company did a thing a little while back for those of us that still had our SSN on our EPA cards. We received new cards with new cert numbers. Not sure about the OPs question, but mine was pre-94 and I now have a new card without taking the test again.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by VTP99 View Post
    Was it for a Mani ?
    I thought HP 81 was the replacement on the Mani's. Little olive green jug
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    I thought HP 81 was the replacement on the Mani's. Little olive green jug
    that’s what I remember think they were used in b series j series went to 404

I remember something about the early cards they had no type 1 2 or universal on them they basically stated bob smith didn’t eat boogers and huff refrigerant. I think they had to reissue those if not within a certain time they were supposed to retest. This was in the early days of just get certified and we’ll sort it out later.
    Honeywell you can buy better but you cant pay more

I told my wife when i die to sell my fishing stuff for what its worth not what i told her i paid for it

Post Likes
    When stuff like this pops up at some meeting ask for chapter and verse.
    Someone throws these things out there and the next swears by it.
    Give me a relay with big enough contacts, and I'll run the world!

You can be anything you want......As long as you don't suck at it.

If a person wants to create a machine that will be more likely to fail...Make it complicated.

USAF 98 Bomb Wing 1960-66 SMW Lu49

Post Likes
    I read the new law about the time it went into effect (jan 1 2019) and looked on the EPA website for approved vendors. It says if you had a card issued at anytime by a vendor who was approved by the epa when the card was issued to you it is good now, today and into the future. Even with adding the new refrigerants in 2019 because the handling process and no vent requirement has not changed.

I think they are just looking for some additional revenue.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12