Thread: condenser fan stops (with groan) after 10min, clicks 10 times, and restarts in 10min

Post Likes

condenser fan stops (with groan) after 10min, clicks 10 times, and restarts in 10min

condenser fan stops (with groan) after 10min, clicks 9 times, restarts in 10min, and repeats

I have a 2011 Carrier 25HBC336A300 R410A Condenser that will run for about 12 minutes, then the fan starts coasting followed by 3 audible clicks. about 5 seconds later I hear a loud groan and then 6 more clicks. another 10 seconds later I hear a low hum stop and the unit is completely silent. I've attempted to nudge the fan with a stick and it won't spin. After about 8 minutes I can hear the thermostat click and the condenser fan kicks on like everything is normal. This cycle repeats and while the condenser is running, the air blows cold. I thought maybe the fan motor was going bad, but I can put my hand on the face where it mounts to the top of the unit and it's barely warm.

I apologize if this has been covered multiple times or this is a common problem. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Post Likes
    When was the last time it was serviced?
    Time to call your service provider.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in