Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BALloyd View Post
    Only caveat is Bryant has no Greenspeed equivalent that I am aware of......it is the top of the heap in the Carrier/Bryant/Payne hierarchy.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
    Bryant has the exact same line as Carrier in residential equipment.
    Climate Control Solutions for your Home or Office

Serving Northeast Philadelphia and Surrounding Areas

Post Likes
    What is the Greenspeed in Bryant called?
    Quote Originally Posted by comfortdoc View Post
    Bryant has the exact same line as Carrier in residential equipment.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BALloyd View Post
    What is the Greenspeed in Bryant called?

Evolution Extreme

https://www.bryant.com/bryant/en/us/...at-pumps/280a/
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Post Likes
    Ok...good to know....never seen one.

Post Likes
    RE: Carrier Infinity Greenspeed Heat Pump SEER 20
    https://www.carrier.com/residential/...-pumps/25vna0/

Still working on this. I was on the phone with Carrier 800 for hours today (mostly on hold) and absolutely NO HELP none - same run around. They refer me back to my dealer and the factory rep and neither know what to do - the rep says things like "just latch the system" and the dealer's tech says "buy fans" or "you can call me 100 times but there's nothing I can do." The installer has never even responded to my questions. BTW, it doesn't even have a latch option - so even though I call daily for almost 60 days now - since system was installed on July 28, 2019 - no help just one big circle. Shameful.

So I am posting some metrics or stats for my new heat pump system taken from the Comfort Care Thermostat - the pics are the screens under "Service Info" for the heat pump and fan coil.

Issues remain the same - no or very low air flow and no humidity control. I have had to purchase TWO dehumidifiers, one bedroom air conditioner and many many air circulating fans to make the house livable.

I spend hours reading HVAC info - just trying to decipher what's going on.

It looks like nothing is really working - the outdoor coil is the same temp and the outside temp. The suction pressure and superheat are about twice what they should be. But if I'm wrong please let me know - I know so little on this subject.

The thermostat can't even get a temeprature reading from the inside fan coil - so I cant tell you the temperature of that. It just shows "N/A" next to "inside coil temperature."

Here are the pics:

https://ibb.co/ZVwtrkV
    https://ibb.co/McG14mn
    https://ibb.co/vd5Dm5p

Fingers crossed that someone has some ideas or answers...

Thanks so much,

Elisabeth

Post Likes
    I conclude as follows:

You spent far too much time getting no where. You spent way too much money for dismal results. This site is extremely squeamish concerning legal ramifications and will close this thread with very little provocation; however that is the only option I see left. The responsibility would lie with the installer in my neck of the woods. He owes you a system that works and a refund for the difference.

Best of luck.
    Is the Religious Right to blame for Christianity's decline?

They argued that, as the Religious Right became increasingly visible and militant, it became associated with Christianity itself. And if being a Christian meant being associated with the likes of Jerry Falwell, many people—especially political moderates and liberals—decided to simply stop identifying as Christians altogether.

http://www.theamericanconservative.c...nitys-decline/

Post Likes

Unhappy

hurtinhvac - I am so sorry if I did something wrong...Can you let me know what I did so I don't do it again.

I am simply trying to find a way to get my heat pump fixed. I have diligently tried every avenue and so I decided to try to get help through this forum - sharing what I have done so far and providing info so I can have a better idea on what to do. When I have an HVAC company to my home I don't know what to have them do and they are often not familiar with the system. So I am at a loss

If I cant post here I wont have any direction or help.

Elisabeth

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ElisaB View Post
    hurtinhvac - I am so sorry if I did something wrong...Can you let me know what I did so I don't do it again.

I am simply trying to find a way to get my heat pump fixed. I have diligently tried every avenue and so I decided to try to get help through this forum - sharing what I have done so far and providing info so I can have a better idea on what to do. When I have an HVAC company to my home I don't know what to have them do and they are often not familiar with the system. So I am at a loss

If I cant post here I wont have any direction or help.

Elisabeth
    You did nothing wrong.

What we are saying as far as the legal end of things is that once legal action is mentioned this site will close the thread.

We have, all that have responded, given our off site suggestions and opinions but those only go so far. Since you can't get anyone to perform checks on site and Carrier has, as you state from local to national reps, refused to make it right your only option remaining seems chosen for you.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pacnw View Post
    You did nothing wrong.

What we are saying as far as the legal end of things is that once legal action is mentioned this site will close the thread.

We have, all that have responded, given our off site suggestions and opinions but those only go so far. Since you can't get anyone to perform checks on site and Carrier has, as you state from local to national reps, refused to make it right your only option remaining seems chosen for you.
    Yes, thank you...this is all I meant; kinda hinting around the legal animus present within this site.

We're still here for questions and direction - however someone over there needs to take ownership and make it work or make it right.
    Is the Religious Right to blame for Christianity's decline?

They argued that, as the Religious Right became increasingly visible and militant, it became associated with Christianity itself. And if being a Christian meant being associated with the likes of Jerry Falwell, many people—especially political moderates and liberals—decided to simply stop identifying as Christians altogether.

http://www.theamericanconservative.c...nitys-decline/

Post Likes
    Update: It is now over 3 mos since the installation of my Carrier Infinity Greenspeed Heatpump and I have not rec'd help or assistance from any level of Carrier - local dealer, mid level distribution center or corporate. I have contacted Carrier Corp 800 nearly every day, written letters to the dealer, the distribution center and many others and NO HELP. Had I known this I would have never selected a Carrier heat pump. It looks like the Carrier structure is set up to support dealers - but when dealers treat customers poorly there is nothing in the structure to remove a bad dealer - looks like Carrier just looks at sales numbers, not consumer satisfaction.

Post Likes
    Update: It is now 4 mos since installation of the Carrier Infinity Greenspeed Heat Pump and I still have NOT found a single Carrier dealer that is able or willing to help with my situation. I know all the Carrier dealers within a 2 hour radius of my home. Most don't want to get involved - and the rest know less than I do about the whole setup. Still looking for ideas - the response I get is that no dealer wants to get involved with the "installing" dealers mess. Sadly the installing dealer has NO interest in helping in any way. So I am open to any ideas.

Post Likes
    Carrier will not talk to the end user, No Manufactures will only a contractor!

What you have to do is get a Carrier Contractor on site that will then contact tech support!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post
    Carrier will not talk to the end user, No Manufactures will only a contractor!

What you have to do is get a Carrier Contractor on site that will then contact tech support!
    This OP has 2 threads on this issue/unit.

It seems that Carrier has no interest in assisting, but we only have the OP's side of the story.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast