Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Likes
    Hi All,

I am so grateful for your help - I cant tell you how much it is guiding me along. Thank you so so very much!!!!

I will address questions to each of you later today - should they come up. It's sure good to know there are things that can be fixed by the right tech.

More a bit later,

Elisabeth

Post Likes
    Hi BALloyd,

I am so sorry I didn't post these results sooner.

Here is the Airflow Verification Test I ran just now:

full system CFM: 1050 (its a 3 ton)
    static pressure: 0.77 (some of my vents are closed)
    blower RPM: 1085

calculated minimum CFM: 300

Let me know what you think...

Thanks so so much,

Elisabeth

Post Likes
    Open all the vents. Static is a little high which does not leave much room for the filter to load with dust.

Your dealer should properly verify the static pressure. As already mentioned by several others there are commissioning and setup issues with this system.

Can you post pictures of the ductwork attached me to the air handler?
    Climate Control Solutions for your Home or Office

Serving Northeast Philadelphia and Surrounding Areas

Post Likes
    Hi Comfortdoc,

Here is the air handler and attached ductwork.

https://ibb.co/BBXYx1P

Thank-you so much for your help!

Elisabeth

Post Likes
    Question:

Do resettable faults stay on a thermostat screen (i.e., Carrier Infinity Comfort Control - SYSTXCCITC01B) after they are reset or should they disappear after they are fixed?

Thanks,

Elisabeth

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ElisaB View Post
    Question:

Do resettable faults stay on a thermostat screen (i.e., Carrier Infinity Comfort Control - SYSTXCCITC01B) after they are reset or should they disappear after they are fixed?

Thanks,

Elisabeth
    If I recall correctly, they stay indefinitely until cleared. It's not uncommon for me to see errors from the day of install on systems installed for years when I'm reviewing more current issues.
    Is the Religious Right to blame for Christianity's decline?

They argued that, as the Religious Right became increasingly visible and militant, it became associated with Christianity itself. And if being a Christian meant being associated with the likes of Jerry Falwell, many people—especially political moderates and liberals—decided to simply stop identifying as Christians altogether.

http://www.theamericanconservative.c...nitys-decline/

Post Likes
    Hi Comfortdoc,

Here is the air handler and attached ductwork.

https://ibb.co/BBXYx1P

Thank-you so much for your help!

Elisabeth
    off the cuff your undersized duct system isn't helping anything, but ive seen much worse.

My recommendation, from here, would be to pull the charge, weight what comes out, and see how far off you are.
    "Better tell the sandman to stay away, because we're gonna be workin on this one all night."

"Dude, you need more than 2 wires to a condenser to run a 2 stage heatpump."

"Just get it done son."

Dad adjusted

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacvegas View Post
    off the cuff your undersized duct system isn't helping anything, but ive seen much worse.

My recommendation, from here, would be to pull the charge, weight what comes out, and see how far off you are.
    Strongly agree. Especially if they relied on the system help to calculate any added refrigerant needed; and selected the wrong parameters to begin with - or simply did not know how to deal with it to begin with. Airflow is nearly always at least somewhat of an issue, however I would expect entirely different numbers if it were the main culprit here. The indoor coil would be too cold and freezing...not 60 degrees and barely cooling.

Our installers do all manner of stupid things on a very regular basis. However we fight the battle until the system is working - it's not unheard of for us to rip equipment out and start over; or return on nearly a daily basis until resolved.

When are they returning, Elisa?

They argued that, as the Religious Right became increasingly visible and militant, it became associated with Christianity itself. And if being a Christian meant being associated with the likes of Jerry Falwell, many people—especially political moderates and liberals—decided to simply stop identifying as Christians altogether.

Post Likes
    Hi All,

I am in the process of trying to find someone to assist me. I have used most of the local Carrier dealers - and most seem entirely unfamiliar with this heat pump. Any ideas on how to find someone who really knows the Carrier Infinity Greenspeed. I've had so many techs at my home for HOURS - with no answers - so I'm trying to find someone with expertise.

Thanks,

Elisabeth

Post Likes
    Hi All,

I am in the process of trying to find someone to assist me. I have used most of the local Carrier dealers - and most seem entirely unfamiliar with this heat pump. Any ideas on how to find someone who really knows the Carrier Infinity Greenspeed. I've had so many techs at my home for HOURS - with no answers - so I'm trying to find someone with expertise.

Thanks,

Elisabeth
    You don't necessarily need a Carrier dealer, though it would be helpful from a liaison standpoint. At this point Carrier should be stepping in to the rescue. By the way, Bryant equipment is the very same as Carrier - just badged differently. Maybe search for Bryant dealers.

Post Likes
    An expert tech on Greenspeed is must.
    All of us posters on this site share your concerns about the install and setup of this system. Although i have added dehumidification to them, I am uncomfortable suggesting anything specific. This is unique equipment.
    Most of the systems I have knowledge of are using the comfort setting and fan "on" Medium without using the dehumidification mote.
    You have two dehumidifiers will enough capacity to maintain 50%RH during none cooling times, right? The fan "on" mode will keep air moving which appears important to you.
    Hope you are making an attempt to contact Carrier at a higher than than contractor.
    Regards Teddy Bear
    Bear Rules: Keep our home <50% RH summer, controls mites/mold and very comfortable.
    Provide 60-100 cfm of fresh air when occupied to purge indoor pollutants and keep window dry during cold weather. T-stat setup/setback +8 hrs. saves energy
    Use +Merv 10 air filter. -Don't forget the "Golden Rule"

Post Likes
    Only caveat is Bryant has no Greenspeed equivalent that I am aware of......it is the top of the heap in the Carrier/Bryant/Payne hierarchy.
    Quote Originally Posted by hurtinhvac View Post
    You don't necessarily need a Carrier dealer, though it would be helpful from a liaison standpoint. At this point Carrier should be stepping in to the rescue. By the way, Bryant equipment is the very same as Carrier - just badged differently. Maybe search for Bryant dealers.
    Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BALloyd View Post
    Only caveat is Bryant has no Greenspeed equivalent that I am aware of......it is the top of the heap in the Carrier/Bryant/Payne hierarchy.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
    Oh...I did not know this. I was thinking they had everything with just a different name. Infinity/Evolution, Greenspeed...Earthwise or something equally insipid...

It's still a vapor compression refrigeration machine. By now I would have to believe it's lack of financial responsibility and integrity versus technical knowledge. Though I absolutely hate walking up on these or a Lennox inverter system - I have to believe I'd have an answer by now or my shop would be ripping it out and putting something else in. Especially right in the middle of an extended heat wave.

Shame.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast