Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BALloyd View Post
    Run the airflow test....and post those results. All those numbers just indicate low airflow in my opinion but I think we all had determined already that airflow was the issue.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
    There is a lot more wrong than low airflow. It's sad that the distributor does not have someone to offer on-site tech support for this dealer.
    Climate Control Solutions for your Home or Office

Serving Northeast Philadelphia and Surrounding Areas

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by comfortdoc View Post
    There is a lot more wrong than low airflow. It's sad that the distributor does not have someone to offer on-site tech support for this dealer.
    As I posted, sounds like there might be support but the OP may have pushed some buttons and they stopped helping.

Maybe I'm wrong, but can't see how there is no dealer or distributor support.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pacnw View Post
    As I posted, sounds like there might be support but the OP may have pushed some buttons and they stopped helping.

It is amazing how difficult it is to be a good customer or service provider. We all say or do things that are mis-understood and we react.

Now throw in a high tech piece of equipment which many of the features or inadequacies are not understood, a unique home, a salesman selling the features with enthusiasm.

Expectations are high.
    What could go wrong?

We all want to help but are unable.

You, the customer and service provider have to back up and take a new run at this.

I have use Carrier for many years, not without problems. I had a good dealer and distributor who backed their equipment beyond my expectations.
    I was lucky.
    Now, here is the difficult part.
    Find out who the distributor is and arrange a meeting.
    Be as friendly and kind as possible, no more frogs breath comments. Apologise if necessary.
    Plead you case for help.
    There is someone at Carrier who will help you.
    Find that person.

Keep us posted.
    Regards Teddy Bear
    Bear Rules: Keep our home <50% RH summer, controls mites/mold and very comfortable.
    Provide 60-100 cfm of fresh air when occupied to purge indoor pollutants and keep window dry during cold weather. T-stat setup/setback +8 hrs. saves energy
    Use +Merv 10 air filter. -Don't forget the "Golden Rule"

Post Likes
    Thank you for your input, i'm grateful. Can you provide me with more detail on what you see is wrong on the test results? It would be so helpful. Thanks!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pacnw View Post

Mentioned that the unit has been in for 3 weeks.
    That’s 21 days.
    Also mention they called ATLEAST 20 contractors, plus carrier corporate.
    That’s a contractor a day.

Post Likes
    cooling: 100%
    compressor RPM: 4503
    outdoor coil temperature: 78
    suction pressure: 98
    suction temperature: 61
    suction superheat: 30.0

discharge temperature: --
    EXV position: 100%

Uh...you copy Houston?
    Is the Religious Right to blame for Christianity's decline?

They argued that, as the Religious Right became increasingly visible and militant, it became associated with Christianity itself. And if being a Christian meant being associated with the likes of Jerry Falwell, many people—especially political moderates and liberals—decided to simply stop identifying as Christians altogether.

http://www.theamericanconservative.c...nitys-decline/

Post Likes
    Copy...

So the bolded items are not in range? Can anyone tell me a bit more so I have an idea what to look into...

Thanks )

Elisabeth

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ElisaB View Post
    Copy...

So the bolded items are not in range? Can anyone tell me a bit more so I have an idea what to look into...

Thanks )

Elisabeth
    That's just it, this is far beyond any DIY project. You have to stop being the tech and start being the customer.
    While we can see some things from the info provided, an on site visit is the only way to truly understand the entire story!!!

I just don't see how that many Carrier reps have just said forget helping you. With that said, use our contractor locator on this site and see if anyone is near you.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."

Post Likes
    Hi,

Thank-you for your help.

I am sorry you do not believe my experience. I am and continue to be alone in this experience. I could list the companies and the techs I've hired - but I think that is not a kind thing to do. This has been an awful experience. I am not trying to DIY just trying to determine what's wrong so I could find someone to help fix it or remove and replace it. The dealers and techs say all is fine or as i said "buy floor fans" and and I know its not even close.

Is there an overview of the stats I posted that provide normal or a range of normals for each category tested? In other words, what is the normal range for the following:

AC/HP Checkout

I also found these fancoil resettable faults:

26 - Invalid Heater Size

27 - Invalid AC/HP Size

each had one occurrence.

And

heat pump resettable faults

31-High Pressure Switch Open
    1 occurance

Thank you again for any insight. I am seeking help just need to be able to understand what needs to be accomplished rather then have a revolving door or techs in my home not accomplishing the goal.

Elisabeth

Post Likes

While I realize these numbers are coming from the check out menu from the controller and I therefore doubt their accuracy; they are nonetheless an immediate cause for concern: Cooling at 100%, Valve position 100%, the North Coast has recorded actual high temps similar to here, though your lows are lower. I'm assuming it was at least 78 when you ran the check out.

Your outdoor coil temp should be at least 10-15 degrees higher than ambient; the suction pressure should be closer to 125; suction temperature between 40-50; suction superheat is roughly twice as high as it should be. All these numbers are moving targets; but all of them appear to be way off. I would like to see them verified by a tech with you standing right over his shoulder. At this point it should be a technical rep from the distributor or higher up at Carrier. If I got those numbers I would be heading back to my truck for a pink jug.

It could be they simply programmed the system wrong, hence the equipment match error. It's safe to assume they didn't know what the hell they were doing when installing such a sophisticated system - but the parade of people you have had out should have figured it out by now. Probably safe to assume they realize what the error is but are unwilling to take the hit to make it right. Keep the pressure up. If they have to rip it all out and start over - or simply refund you 100%...so be it.

There absolutely has to be someone in all of Cleveland that can resolve it.
    Is the Religious Right to blame for Christianity's decline?

They argued that, as the Religious Right became increasingly visible and militant, it became associated with Christianity itself. And if being a Christian meant being associated with the likes of Jerry Falwell, many people—especially political moderates and liberals—decided to simply stop identifying as Christians altogether.

http://www.theamericanconservative.c...nitys-decline/

Post Likes
    You should be calling 1-800-Carrier and asking for a supervisor. Keep asking for Supervisors until you get to the one that will help. Be calm and state facts. I know this is frustrating but there are a couple givens with this system - it is a match (the UI will not complete the install if it is not) and I am 95% certain this is an install issue. Could be an application issue, but even if the ducts were too small there are adjustments that can be made to make it work better than what you are reporting.

If you mention anything to do with legal action they will send you to their legal team and help will be a long way off. No one in the supply chain will be allowed to assist you without legal guidance from the corporate lawyers. Lawyers do not fix air conditioners.
    Climate Control Solutions for your Home or Office

Serving Northeast Philadelphia and Surrounding Areas

Post Likes
    Definitely a set up issue.
    A communication issue, too.

With these two, the equipment will NEVER perform correctly.

There are probably other issues, but the first 2 must be fixed FIRST!!.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BALloyd View Post
    Run the airflow test....and post those results.

And??? We are waiting.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast