Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by garyed View Post
    Assuming this is true about Google, what should be done about it ?
    IMO, your comment in post #9 makes about as much sense as anything else...

Folks need to think for themselves!

Now how do we get folks to do this???

IMO take away the govt safety nets... and folks will have to choose wisely... or suffer the consequences of not doing that!
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *Cheap is not good, good is not cheap; however expensive is not a guarantee of quality!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Answer-Man View Post
    Jail time and fines

They are trying to silence speach, spread false information and sway electrions. What do you think should happen
    First I'd like to know if there are any laws in place that were broken. Just because I don't like what they did or plan to do doesn't mean they broke the law. Off the top of my head meaning I'm guessing, I don't think there is anything we can do except expose them. Just because they're on a mission to keep Trump from being reelected doesn't prove that they did intentionally spread false information or did anything illegal. I think the Google exec who testified before congress a while back about bias against conservatives should be reexamined because there may be something illegal there if it was proven that he lied to congress. I'll have to think more on it but I'm just not sure we should do anything about an American company who wants to sway the election except let it be known what they're doing. We have to be careful about crossing the line where we hinder freedom of speech or freedom of the press just because we don't like what they're doing or saying.
    Gary
    -----------
    http://www.oceanhvac.com
    The best things in life are free but not everyone is willing to pay the price.

Post Likes
    First I'd like to know if there are any laws in place that were broken. Just because I don't like what they did or plan to do doesn't mean they broke the law. Off the top of my head meaning I'm guessing, I don't think there is anything we can do except expose them. Just because they're on a mission to keep Trump from being reelected doesn't prove that they did intentionally spread false information or did anything illegal. I think the Google exec who testified before congress a while back about bias against conservatives should be reexamined because there may be something illegal there if it was proven that he lied to congress. I'll have to think more on it but I'm just not sure we should do anything about an American company who wants to sway the election except let it be known what they're doing. We have to be careful about crossing the line where we hinder freedom of speech or freedom of the press just because we don't like what they're doing or saying.
    Google is hindering free speech. YouTube is hindering free speech. Filtering results, attempting to use their platform to steer people toward Liberal content, banning conservative content...you know the story. FB, Twitter et all are the same.

Brian83 posted this. Outrageous. Give it a try. It's actually true!

I say that the only way to control the beast is to create mandates of neutrality that must be followed. No more biased results, banning of conservatives. Guidelines that ensure no bias is being acted out.

How would violations be 'punished'? I'm not really sure. Any suggestions? Something that would hurt that would ensure they take it all seriously.

Google's actions are a threat to all. It's not a Left/Right thing...it's a 'holy cow! Our freedoms are being eroded!' thing.

Post Likes
    I find it interesting that conservatives don't want the government messing with our lives but they have no problem with the government restricting a business that shows bias against their party or their leader. What about Google's right to free speech. If they don't like Trump they have the right to post as many bad articles about him as they want. There is a difference in restricting something as opposed to not promoting something by making articles they don't like easily & abundantly accessible. Most conservatives were against the government going after the baker who wouldn't do a cake for a same sex wedding but they have no problem going after Google for dissing conservatives. The media scrutinizes advertisements all the time & if they don't like it's content they won't allow it on the air. If you don't the baker's policy then use another one & if you don't like Google's search engine just use another one.
    Gary
    -----------
    http://www.oceanhvac.com
    The best things in life are free but not everyone is willing to pay the price.

Post Likes
    First I want to say that I think it is disgusting that a company so powerful would use its resources to try & influence our election system. Whether they're trying to get rid of Donald Trump or Bernie Sanders it should not make a difference. It's a scary thing that a big corporation feels that they can shape our views to vote for or against anyone who might lead our nation. All that being said there still is a fine line between freedom & how politics are involved in your business. If Google wants to donate money towards a Democratic campaign to help influence the election they have every right so why do they not have a right to try & steer people in the political direction they want also. The real question for me is whether they are breaking any laws & that I don't know. It's pretty obvious to me that the main stream news doesn't like Trump & that Fox news does like Trump so I take the bias into consideration whenever I take the time to listen to either of them. The most important thing is that people be made aware of the bias of these organizations so they understand better the supposed news they are receiving. The people need think more for themselves & stop acting like sheep waiting to be shown the direction they should go. It doesn't matter if we think Trump is a good or bad president but it does matter that we come to that conclusion ourselves & not just because we were told what to believe. We can't help but being influenced from outside sources but we can help how many sources we research & how we vet the information we receive.
    I know you think you see the bias and you try to let it not influence you.

I'm telling you that you are heavily influenced. You do know that people who are being propagandized are convinced they aren't, right?

6. Likes lions_lair liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I find it interesting that conservatives don't want the government messing with our lives but they have no problem with the government restricting a business that shows bias against their party or their leader. What about Google's right to free speech. If they don't like Trump they have the right to post as many bad articles about him as they want. There is a difference in restricting something as opposed to not promoting something by making articles they don't like easily & abundantly accessible. Most conservatives were against the government going after the baker who wouldn't do a cake for a same sex wedding but they have no problem going after Google for dissing conservatives. The media scrutinizes advertisements all the time & if they don't like it's content they won't allow it on the air. If you don't the baker's policy then use another one & if you don't like Google's search engine just use another one.
    Not restricting them. Who's saying that? They just need government protections to be removed if they are a biased outlet of news.

Also, it would be nice if left wing propagandists were honest with America. I'd be perfectly happy if Google released a statement that do everything they can to slant their results to support the left and denigrate conservatism.

Same with guys like Don Lemmon. They need to stop pretending they are "news". Tucker, Ingraham and Hannity don't try lying that they are biased. Guys like Lemmon, Cuomo, Anderson Cooper, Brooke Baldwin, Camerota, Blitzer, Amanpour, Stelter, Jake Tapper, etc try to portray themselves as news anchors similar to Bret Baier, Harris Faulkner, Shep Smith, Shannon Bream, Bill Hemmer, etc. Just come out and admit they are biased opinion personalities. No different than Hannity.

Why is it the left who is always hiding who they are? Why are they always trying to pull a fast one? Why can't they be honest? Like Google has now been outed. But us conservatives have been saying for years Google is participating in cyber book burning. And what did the left say about us, Gary? Turns out we were right AGAIN. As nearly always.

By they way, Brennan and the crew are now in deep do-do. They are throwing eachother under the bus.

Looks like the right was right about all of that two years ago. Look at the crap Hannity has gotten over the last 2 years. Turns out everything he was saying is turning out to be right. From Carter Page to Obama ordering the unmarking of everyone(that's coming next BTW). Have you heard the latest news about all of this? Of course not. Because like I said, you are being lead by the nose by propagandists. And just because you are positive you aren't, it means nothing. No one who is being propagandized thinks they are.

Post Likes
    BTW, Eric Trump got spit on by a waitress the other day. This is the madness the left creates with their lies and bias. It's evil. Pure and simple.

You OK with that? And don't give me the bullcrap it happens on the right also. You can't compare the two. I can find 100 stories similar to the Eric Trump story. It rarely happens the other way around. It's a sick evil political movement. And it's overtaken the democrat party, the media, entertainment and education.

And you are influenced by it.

Post Likes
    When someone spits on you, that is assault! Who knows what communicable disease you may be exposed to. I hope the SS was witness to this and possibly took the spitter into custody to check for disease.....

And the "left" calls this tolerance??? Go figure.

Post Likes
    I find it interesting that the Left have no problem with Google et al, who are able to influence elections but spend two years investigating bogus claims of Trump/Russian Collusion (and are still trying with everything they have). The Tech Giants pose a much greater threat to our freedom than Russian meddling (which has gone on for decades, btw).

As Brian83 said, If they're going to be blatantly bias, they don't deserve Gov't protections. Also, I'm not so certain that these Tech Giants shouldn't be dealt with as monopolies. There's way too much concentrated power in the hands of a few.

Me? I very rarely use google. They're not trustworthy. I also never 'tweet', no Social networking at all.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian8383 View Post
    BTW, Eric Trump got spit on by a waitress the other day. This is the madness the left creates with their lies and bias. It's evil. Pure and simple.

You OK with that? And don't give me the bullcrap it happens on the right also. You can't compare the two. I can find 100 stories similar to the Eric Trump story. It rarely happens the other way around. It's a sick evil political movement. And it's overtaken the democrat party, the media, entertainment and education.

And you are influenced by it.
    My son is a deputy sheriff and he can't go out to eat in uniform for fear someone working at the restaurant will spit in his lunch or worse. And, this happens more often than one may think. Only hits the news occasionally. What are the chances that those who would do such a thing are moderates or conservatives or republicans?

So, how is the tolerance the left has been preaching working out? They were lying from the beginning about tolerance just as they lie about freedom of speech. Who do yo think is pushing for censorship? Not conservatives. Who created the absurd so called "free speech zones"? Of course it is the left.

This is the United States of America, the whole country is a free speech zone. The left and progressives have lost their minds.
    "No matter how thirsty your imagination, mirages contain no water"

12. Likes Brian8383 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    If you want a cake you have thousands of choices as to where you can buy one. There is only one Google.
    "No matter how thirsty your imagination, mirages contain no water"

14. Likes Brian8383 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Assuming this is true about Google, what should be done about it ?
    Charged with sedition..

Sent from my moto e5 supra using Tapatalk
    "If you can’t describe what you are doing as a process, you don’t know what you are doing." ~ W. Edwards Deming

All those who wander..are not lost.

Do NOT..mistake my kindness for weakness.

The early bird may get the worm..but the second mouse gets the cheese.

16. Likes Brian8383 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    Google is hindering free speech. YouTube is hindering free speech. Filtering results, attempting to use their platform to steer people toward Liberal content, banning conservative content...you know the story. FB, Twitter et all are the same.

Brian83 posted this. Outrageous. Give it a try. It's actually true!

I say that the only way to control the beast is to create mandates of neutrality that must be followed. No more biased results, banning of conservatives. Guidelines that ensure no bias is being acted out.

How would violations be 'punished'? I'm not really sure. Any suggestions? Something that would hurt that would ensure they take it all seriously.

Google's actions are a threat to all. It's not a Left/Right thing...it's a 'holy cow! Our freedoms are being eroded!' thing.
    So what if Facebook, google, YouTube, or whatever decides they want to influence what ever they want to? That’s there choice. You have the choice not to use their services. You are actually trying to limit another guys freedom, not protect freedom. Find other company’s that you agree with. If there are none out there, start your own. Vin-tube...

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast