Post Likes

Question in need of a job in southern Mississippi area

I have been looking all over in my area(kiln, diamond-head area). the hardest part for me has been that i don't have the field experience that most companies want. i am really trying to find someone i can learn from but i also need a paying job. i will also be moving to Noblesville Indiana so if anyone has job ideas for that area please let me know.

Post Likes
    You didn't put contact info in your profile...
    Life is too short, Behappy!
    TFMM

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by behappy View Post
    Thanks, i just made this account and completely forgot.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by behappy View Post
    fixed, thanks for bringing that to my attention.

Post Likes
    I took a job to learn appliance repair for min. wage when I was 19-20 it was a hard row to hoe, just stick with it and read everything you can, there is a website, appliantology.org that will help on linear compressors, I think those are the compressor of tomorrow. One thing I did when I was your age, I bought the current version of, Modern Refrigeration and Air Conditioning then read it cover to cover, I didn't understand some of it, and I kept it in the truck as reference and as I learned to work on things, I would remember things I read and it all clicked one day, I also took a job as apartment maintenance and learned enough to be dangerous on HVAC, I learned commercial kitchen equipment when I was young, like 5, 6, 7 I had an uncle that worked on things and I would help him, of course it comes easy for me. Now I can get a job any where I want to go and start at $20/ hr easily, I was recently offered a job in Dallas, TX. $62K base pay, with all the OT I can work, at time and a half. I can say this, as an owner, good help is hard to find and with the recent past economy, things changed and people have changed, there are a lot of drugs out there and a lot of people taking them, so it makes people weary of hiring new help, they wont show up for work, don't call in and expect a large paycheck for doing nothing, the list is endless. If given the chance, just remember to be true to yourself by showing up for work, giving that person 100% and respect the job by calling in if you are late or cant make it, admit if you don't know something and don't be afraid to ask for help, those few things alone will take you farther in life than you think, also, don't let this stuff intimidate you, it all works like its suppose to, or it is broken, that's what that Modern Refrigeration and Air Conditioning book will teach you, how it works, you might try looking on ebay for a used one, I got one there for my son, it was already highlighted with the important stuff. Also, are you telling them that you are going to be moving to Indiana? That will make them not want to hirer you, when we hire someone, we need them to stay, not steal, not lie and give their best. People will put all that they can into someone willing to learn, but they expect them to stay for that investment.

I hope this helps you in some way and good luck finding a job.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by RMSG01 View Post
    I took a job to learn appliance repair for min. wage when I was 19-20 it was a hard row to hoe, just stick with it and read everything you can, there is a website, appliantology.org that will help on linear compressors, I think those are the compressor of tomorrow. One thing I did when I was your age, I bought the current version of, Modern Refrigeration and Air Conditioning then read it cover to cover, I didn't understand some of it, and I kept it in the truck as reference and as I learned to work on things, I would remember things I read and it all clicked one day, I also took a job as apartment maintenance and learned enough to be dangerous on HVAC, I learned commercial kitchen equipment when I was young, like 5, 6, 7 I had an uncle that worked on things and I would help him, of course it comes easy for me. Now I can get a job any where I want to go and start at $20/ hr easily, I was recently offered a job in Dallas, TX. $62K base pay, with all the OT I can work, at time and a half. I can say this, as an owner, good help is hard to find and with the recent past economy, things changed and people have changed, there are a lot of drugs out there and a lot of people taking them, so it makes people weary of hiring new help, they wont show up for work, don't call in and expect a large paycheck for doing nothing, the list is endless. If given the chance, just remember to be true to yourself by showing up for work, giving that person 100% and respect the job by calling in if you are late or cant make it, admit if you don't know something and don't be afraid to ask for help, those few things alone will take you farther in life than you think, also, don't let this stuff intimidate you, it all works like its suppose to, or it is broken, that's what that Modern Refrigeration and Air Conditioning book will teach you, how it works, you might try looking on ebay for a used one, I got one there for my son, it was already highlighted with the important stuff. Also, are you telling them that you are going to be moving to Indiana? That will make them not want to hirer you, when we hire someone, we need them to stay, not steal, not lie and give their best. People will put all that they can into someone willing to learn, but they expect them to stay for that investment.

I hope this helps you in some way and good luck finding a job.
    i understand that about the fact that i'm going to be moving. and though i don't advertise that when i am applying for a job i am not trying to lie i am just doing what i can to get the training so that when i do move i can get a job there, i would love it if i found a company that i could stay with when i move but for now i'm just trying to find some work to make the bills and to further my knowledge of the trade. Too many people these days don't want to work and that is where i try to stand out by giving the best i can and trying to show my initiative to learn the things i don't know.