Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by comfortdoc View Post
    Call Lennox and ask if they used asbestos in that boiler
    Why didn't I think of that...
    Smh

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    It's the door panel from the combustion chamber on your oil-fired boiler. There's another piece on the back (target wall) and there should be a blanket on the bottom of the chamber.

It's not asbestos, although the manufacturer recommends you wear gloves and a respirator when handling it.

I want to know why you took it off in the first place? Who's going to make sure it's put back on properly, the door/door gasket installed properly, and who's going to take a combustion test with instruments.

As far as the damage...not enough to worry about.

If you were my customer, we would have a nice conversation about who's going to be the only one to work on your boiler from now on...me or not me.
    Uh...Google it yourself!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by comfortdoc View Post
    Call Lennox and ask if they used asbestos in that boiler
    So Lennox head office assured me no asbestos based material was used in this boiler. Guess this is the end of it.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by STEVEusaPA View Post
    It's the door panel from the combustion chamber on your oil-fired boiler. There's another piece on the back (target wall) and there should be a blanket on the bottom of the chamber.

It's not asbestos, although the manufacturer recommends you wear gloves and a respirator when handling it.

I want to know why you took it off in the first place? Who's going to make sure it's put back on properly, the door/door gasket installed properly, and who's going to take a combustion test with instruments.

As far as the damage...not enough to worry about.

If you were my customer, we would have a nice conversation about who's going to be the only one to work on your boiler from now on...me or not me.
    This is scrap metal and will not see any further operation. Have you read my OP ? I'm trying to get rid of it and taking it apart is the only way it's leaving the premises. Also, doing it myself seems the only resort I have unless I want to see this equipment sit there for another decade.

I've exhausted all resources dealing with this. I've dealt with two general contractors, 3 plumbing companies, 2 heating contractors and a control company. No one wants to help getting rid of it. If I would have been your costumer, you would probably not have helped with this problem, like all the rest.

Again, it's not in use, hasn't been for a decade and won't be anymore.

I must admit I should have protected myself and the premises much more before tackling this. The presence of a volatile refractory never entered my mind for some stupid reason. I'm just trying to assess the expanse and seriousness of the spill and will take proper steps for the cleanup before resuming the dismantling job.

Post Likes
    I didn’t read you post, just looked at the pictures. Put on nitrile gloves, a respirator if you want, put it in a trash bag, throw it out with regular trash.
    I replace these regularly on oil boilers. I’m surprised you just didn’t get a scrap guy to yank the whole boiler.

My comment was directed toward customers who like to take things apart thinking they can fix it
    Uh...Google it yourself!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by STEVEusaPA View Post

My comment was directed toward customers who like to take things apart thinking they can fix it
    Yes, I can relate.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12