Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 16
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    East Haven,CT
    Posts
    203
    Post Likes

    Bev Air cap tube issues

    We have a customer that has multiple stores that use their sandwich prep tables and all of them have gotten plug cap tubes within 2-3 years. Condensing coils are kept clean any reason why this is happening on different units?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Southold, NY
    Posts
    22,140
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by nickpt828 View Post
    We have a customer that has multiple stores that use their sandwich prep tables and all of them have gotten plug cap tubes within 2-3 years. Condensing coil’s are kept clean any reason why this is happening on different units?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Plugged caps are a result of POE + R-134A + HEAT. You need all 3. Coils clean but how hot is the kit?
    Last edited by pecmsg; 06-24-2019 at 12:45 PM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    East Haven,CT
    Posts
    203
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Not that hot. Newer kitchens with A/c, the ambient around them is probably 75. They pull the air in the back but Ive told them to keep them a few inches off the wall but dont listen.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    East Haven,CT
    Posts
    203
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter

    Bev Air cap tube issues

    They are all SPE60s by the way.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Southold, NY
    Posts
    22,140
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by nickpt828 View Post
    They pull the air in the back but Ive told them to keep them a few inches off the wall but dont listen.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There you go!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    East Haven,CT
    Posts
    203
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Im going to get rubber bumpers and screw them into the back wall. Youd think theyd put in the owners manual saying not to push against a wall.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    In the Conservatory with a Lead Pipe
    Posts
    15,646
    Post Likes
    Last couple of years BA quality went from bad to worse. Hate to say it but I think some MIC crap is better now.

  8. Likes UmmScott liked this post
  9. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    3,021
    Post Likes
    Those SPE prep tables are HORRIBLE to work on.

    Bring your drill.. you will need it to extract the hundreds of screws and dismantle all the ducting/prep top just to see the evaporator.
    And yeah...they like to plug cap tubes as well.
    Seen the condenser coils lately? Really tiny, no fan shroud, high condensing temps, etc..

    I wouldn't sell one of these to my worst enemy LOL

    Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Guayaquil, EC
    Posts
    13,872
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post
    Plugged caps are a result of POE + R-134A + HEAT. You need all 3.
    I believe you need a little moisture too.

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    East Haven,CT
    Posts
    203
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by icemeister View Post
    I believe you need a little moisture too.
    I just had another one with plugged cap tube, coil was clean, and was kept 8 from wall. I beginning to think theyre just junk.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. Likes UmmScott liked this post
  13. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Guayaquil, EC
    Posts
    13,872
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by nickpt828 View Post
    I just had another one with plugged cap tube, coil was clean, and was kept 8” from wall. I beginning to think they’re just junk.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I can't disagree about the junk part, but when one considers all of the similar style units out there, they all tend to have the same compressor manufacturers, using the same refrigerants and oils yet a few brands seem to have an abnormal amount of cap tube failures. For years my suspicion has been this could only be attributed to quality control issues in of the original component assembly process...ie, having to do with proper system cleanliness, nitro purging, evacuation, etc.

  14. Likes Juan Madera liked this post
  15. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    East Haven,CT
    Posts
    203
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by icemeister View Post
    I can't disagree about the junk part, but when one considers all of the similar style units out there, they all tend to have the same compressor manufacturers, using the same refrigerants and oils yet a few brands seem to have an abnormal amount of cap tube failures. For years my suspicion has been this could only be attributed to quality control issues in of the original component assembly process...ie, having to do with proper system cleanliness, nitro purging, evacuation, etc.
    Beverage aire is only manufacturer having issues with at these units but the other coolers they use like Silver King are using R404a.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  16. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    905
    Post Likes
    Are you sure the cap tubes are restricted and you don't just have leaking evaps?

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •