Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by newoldtech View Post
    Any Get Smart fans?

For sure. Appropriate for ARP:

https://youtu.be/3p4bLO6OPkI

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazooka Joey View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krD4hdGvGHM

Rowan and Martin Laugh In, sock it to me, sock it to me..or was this already mentioned?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xhTomqDTzE

Call BR 549 Hee Haw tv series, was this mentioned already?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gzTRwnFmFM

Green Acres, was this mentioned already?
    I do get HeeHaw, refer to my avatar!
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

“They can’t do anything about it unless they start shooting people, and presumably they won’t do that.” Protester & confirmed idiot.

"I am not here to rescue you, I am bringing you along for emergency rations" Quark.

"This is me, I'm not at home. If you'd like to reach me, leave me alone." Sherl Crow

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

Post Likes
    I haven't seen anyone mention "High Chaparral." I also remember having to watch Porter Wagner and Lawrence Welk when I stayed at my grandparents. My GP loved Dolly, so you didn't talk during the Porter Wagner show when she was on.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Answer-Man View Post
    I was just talking about this a couple days ago with the guys in the shop. I'm child of the 50's and as many we did not have a lot of money so B&W TV was my entertainment. When I got in trouble, I'm told they would put me in a chair in front of a turned off tv and make me sit there. How Cruel is that! Anyway I have fond memoiries of many shows many that have been mentioned. Now we don't have tv, cable or antenna, it's whatever we watch from internet. Now when I watch many of those shows I used to like, I find myself asking; I used to really watch this stuff??? LOL
    I can identify with how you were raised but to be put in front of a tv that is turned off is a great punishment. My wife and I raised four children, now adults. We never had cable and still do not. The tv was only turned on for major events and that means Major events only. We still don't watch tv. I am the exception when I travel and stay in hotels. Then I compare the major news networks. CNN is awful! All of them are bad with the possible exception of Fox News depending on the particular host or program.
    "No matter how thirsty your imagination, mirages contain no water"

Post Likes
    Wrong Thread.

Post Likes
    Rifleman was a good... is... a good show...... you can usually tell a couple minutes in who Lucas is going to kill at the end of the show.

Good wholesome entertainment...... lol

Imagine being his son Mark...... seeing his daddy kill so many people...... and it was just normal for the show.

Micah and his shotgun with those steel balls.... really good show.

Few shows from back then I cant watch today... Rat Patrol... cant stand to watch it today... get smart...... gilligan... except for mary anns..

All... or most of those good shows back then had a moral lesson in them...... even the rifleman or wanted dead or alive where someone gets their lives cut short at the end..... always a lesson in their deaths..... greed... hate... something.
    The bible is my constitution and the constitution is my bible.

WE THE PEOPLE refers to THEM and not YOU.

Chewbacca Mom 2016

Post Likes
    Speaking of Mayberry R.F.D , not to be confused with Andy Griffin show, even thou they where located in the same town, resident Gomer Pyle stepped up to the plate and joined the Marines and had his own show. He survived the constant belittling of his NCOIC/Supervisor Gunnery Sergeant Carter only to nearly die from Hepatitis B from shaving while in India in 1994 using a straight razor. He did pretty well singing.

Old joke years ago was, what did Sgt. Carter find behind the barracks.......................Gomers Pile....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZ_TDYC2Buc

Post Likes
    We were living in the Miami area for a short time. I actually went to one of their live shows. A girl in my High School was one of the Gleason Girls, I asked her if she could get me tickets, kind of joking, figured she'd just blow me off. She came up with four tickets. Her name was Jackie B.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910